Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New Xiom Vega Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 2:40am
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Im sorry to hear your experience ahsq. My vega pro is 91g ST. I found it to be super controlled on table compared to my zxi. Been using my zxi for a minute now. I still like my zxi more because of the added power :). Most people wont like it, rather wont be able to control it.its 'stiff in some dictionaries. Not mine.
I havent experienced None of the above issues with any xiom blade.

What was the weight of your vega pro?

Edit: Im actually looking for a second zxi to treade for my vega pro or sell it and buy a zxi.

I got addicted to koto. Limba doesnt do for me.

Did you remove the protection film before weight it? I've never found any vega pro blade above 86 grams without protection film before.
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
Sponsored Links

unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 7:10am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I sold all my blades and bought 2 Vega Pro ST for a total of 3; I am done! 

The Vega Pro is discontinued. I bought mine new for $115 a piece. I hear that they have about 19 left; 10 ST and 9 FL at that price. I would jump on a couple of them if I were you. It's a VERY GOOD PRICE for such a good blade imho. You might get a gift if you buy 2 at a time.

For more info, contact forum member arteepr. He is a legit worker in a TT shop and always willing to help; also very responsive via facebook or PM here.

NOTE: He did the skull test and I have 2 blades with the exact same sound and they are 1 gram apart. Well done arteepr! you are such a great resource. 

สดไทยยาว Clap

How come both the blades look a bit different?

I'm interested in this blade but need to confirm a few things from you if you don't mind sharing your expert opinion.

I'm currently using YEO 7 Power blade which has a hard walnut outer layer but it doesn't feel that stiff at all. I'm using MX-P on FH and EL-P on BH and my game is an all-round attack based game. I do serve returns by either pushing/choping or BH banana flicks and I am a passive BH blocker but I also like to punch on my BH. I like to top-spin and side spin the ball with my FH and attack whenever I see a chance. My FH strokes mostly emphasize on spin even when I smash I spin drive the ball rather than killing/smashing. I also like to play close and mid distance and want enough power here to finish the point from away the table. What's most important for me is to be able to feel the ball dip into the rubber as my stroke is spin oriented. For this reason I did not like the feel of Viscaria or the feel of HL5, I don't know if you call this being less dwelly maybe?

So do you think this blade will be right for me?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by unstopabl3 - 01/25/2017 at 7:11am
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 10:51am
fatt

did you try Vega Euro? how it play compare to Vega Pro?
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 11:47am
Vega Euro is softer , a bit slower and higher throw angle than Vega pro. Euro has Koto outer ply but Vega pro has Limba outer ply which make their feeling different.
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 11:56am
thanks arteepr. looks like Vega Euro better choice for me then Vega Pro
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 2:12pm

Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

How come both the blades look a bit different?

I'm interested in this blade but need to confirm a few things from you if you don't mind sharing your expert opinion.

I'm currently using YEO 7 Power blade which has a hard walnut outer layer but it doesn't feel that stiff at all. I'm using MX-P on FH and EL-P on BH and my game is an all-round attack based game. I do serve returns by either pushing/choping or BH banana flicks and I am a passive BH blocker but I also like to punch on my BH. I like to top-spin and side spin the ball with my FH and attack whenever I see a chance. My FH strokes mostly emphasize on spin even when I smash I spin drive the ball rather than killing/smashing. I also like to play close and mid distance and want enough power here to finish the point from away the table. What's most important for me is to be able to feel the ball dip into the rubber as my stroke is spin oriented. For this reason I did not like the feel of Viscaria or the feel of HL5, I don't know if you call this being less dwelly maybe?

So do you think this blade will be right for me?

Thanks in advance.

I am mainly coming from mizutani Jun and Tb alc. I found the Vega Pro to offer me stability and control in those shots where I was too long in drives/smashes or too high/long in the short game. I did not feel like I was losing much power in loops so on my 1st day I knew this was it and I had proof in the pudding with clear wins v. People beating me more often.
That blade offers all advantages of the zlc without the dull feel of composite; it has the warmth of a powerful all wood blades. It comes easily in the low 80 gr unlike your typical composite from butterfly. It is far better than any alc blade I ever tried while being as good as the mj for people having an arm slower than what it takes to fully handle the mj.

No matter where we are from style wise and the stuff we have used, all modern players who have a loop on both wings, hit and smash, want a short game under control and want a blade that serve them instead of feeling the blade force them to play a certain style should try a Vega pro under 85 grams.

Thanks for your input.

Is it slower than TB ALC? How is it from mid distance? How big is it's sweet spot?

If I didn't like the stiffness of HL5's limba outer veneer, do you think I will also dis-like the limba on Vega Pro?

Thanks
vishal_dindoyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2017 at 1:01am
Thumbs Up for arteepr!! Bought 2 blades from him last year and both are top notch! He is very helpful and very responsive indeed! 
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2017 at 10:40am
@fatt, where did you hear that Vega Pro blades are discontinued?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2017 at 11:07am

Arteepr told me.

I'm really surprised by that.  They're excellent blades, and I haven't seen any replacements announced yet.  Xiom must have something up their sleeves...
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2017 at 11:11am
TT11 still have it in stock
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2017 at 11:19am
Time to take my XVP out for play. I put Tibhar Sound on the forehand and Xiom vega Euro on the backhand. Will this combination work well? Will try it today.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2017 at 12:03pm
One thing that is always good advice is, if you find a blade from Xiom that you really really like, better buy a few of them right away because very few companies discontinue blades as fast as they do.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2017 at 10:30pm
I need a heavy Vega Pro. Mine was closed to 90g. I have a straight but need a flare. I feel that this was one of the best series for close to the table looping and that Xiom are making a big mistake.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
incarnation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2017 at 11:11pm
who is selling the blades? should I contact arteepr?
Hurricane 3
Hurricane 3
pepinho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2017 at 3:44am
These come around the corner, announced lately by TT11. I hope these are not the Vega Series replacements...
Xiom Musa Euro
Xiom Musa Asia

MJ ZLC • D09C • D09C
===
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74522&title=feedback-pepinho
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2017 at 5:12pm
The funny thing is that I have revised my opinion of the Vega Tour. I now appreciate what Xiom was doing with it. It's the only one that is clearly OFF among all the blades while keeping the same feel. So that is what gives it a distinct character.
Cybershape Carbon
incarnation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2017 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

The funny thing is that I have revised my opinion of the Vega Tour. I now appreciate what Xiom was doing with it. It's the only one that is clearly OFF among all the blades while keeping the same feel. So that is what gives it a distinct character.
how is Tour compare with Euro and Pro in terms of everything?
Hurricane 3
Hurricane 3
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2017 at 7:00pm
It's faster with and has all the usual implications of bring faster, other than that because of the hinoki outer, I prefer it to the Euro, and the Euro is the only Koto blade I have ever given a chance. Vs. The Pro, it is a wash. It really depends on my mood, though because the Tour I use has a straight handle and I prefer flares, the Pro will get more burn.
Cybershape Carbon
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 10:06am

Unstopbl3 I answered yesterday night but my post went into limbo apparently, sorry...later this week. Slower than Tb alc on slower shots only. Less dull, less hard, less stiff; no doubt the zlc gives a big sweet spot. When the zlc and core kick in it is not slower than Tb alc. Mid distance ok.
Re hl5: Those all come at > 90gr I think. The xvp at 84 is another animal. If the hl5 is a Tb alc on steroids, the case for a xvp serving intermediate players like us is even stronger.

Thanks for the reply fatt.

How would you compare XVP with MJ ZLC blade in the following categories:

Power
Speed
Spin
Bounce
Dwell
Control

I'm looking for a blade which is fast enough from mid distance but is also great close to the table and is not super bouncy. Has a good dwell, has good speed and spin but is also has great control for short game. I mostly attack from my FH and do passive blocks and pushes on my BH, I also like to open with a push or flick from my BH.

So should I go with XVP or MJ ZLC?

Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 12:20pm

you are on the right track; for you and me, vp! 

Power mj>vp
Speed mj>vp
Spin mj<vp
Bounce mj>vp
Dwell mj<vp
Control mj<vp

the vp is close to the mj but it is much better if the player like me has a slower arm :)

Thanks for the above comparison fatt. Which rubbers have you tried with XVP, have you tried tenergy and tibhar evo rubbers with it?

Would you say it would be a waste of money if I got both MJ ZLC and XVP to test which one better suits me?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

you are on the right track; for you and me, vp! 

Power mj>vp
Speed mj>vp
Spin mj<vp
Bounce mj>vp
Dwell mj<vp
Control mj<vp

the vp is close to the mj but it is much better if the player like me has a slower arm :)

Thanks for the above comparison fatt. Which rubbers have you tried with XVP, have you tried tenergy and tibhar evo rubbers with it?

Would you say it would be a waste of money if I got both MJ ZLC and XVP to test which one better suits me?

Everything else looks good but I'm worried that XVP might be slower than what I want in a blade as it's rated only OFF and I'm currently using HL5 which is an OFF+ blade and I find it's speed to be satisfactory.

Edited by unstopabl3 - 02/11/2017 at 12:32pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 3:05pm

If you buy them both used, I believe you can get your money back selling one of them on the forum. An old mj 1st gen at $120 max (they used to be $140 but people price it in function of the new one's price...) and a used vp at $90 is where I would look at. Both are keepers if you do not mind immobilizing a couple hundred bucks into 2 blades: nothing wrong owning them both :)
I just decided not to own a mj because that's what I will play for fun at the expense of the control the vp gives me.

Thanks that's a great suggestion, I'll keep an eye on the sale section :)

How is the new MJ ZLC different from the old one?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 3:28pm

I never tried the new regular mj.

Okay, have you tried tenergy and tibhar evo rubbers on XVP?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 4:58pm

MX-P max: did not like it
T80fx max: liked it a lot on the bh.

Note: bluefire m2: near perfect for me on the fh

You didn't like MX-P as a rubber or you didn't like it on this blade specifically? And why didn't you like it? I ask because I've been using MX-P on my FH for about 6 months now and I'd hate to switch to a different rubber if it's not suitable with XVP.

Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 5:14pm

It's just too brutal for me.

lol you mean it's too fast or you don't like it's feel?
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 8:37pm
I feel more confident with mxp in 2.0 thickness its more controllable than the max.. I am currently using xvp and mxp as my bh rubber

Edited by Saitama - 02/11/2017 at 8:41pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 7:29pm

I sold all my blades and bought 2 Vega Pro ST for a total of 3; I am done! 

did you try Vega Euro? if worst to try

Edited by piligrim - 02/12/2017 at 8:10pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 9:42pm

He he never again...
I almost bought that beautiful violin dan_can is selling.: Incredible blade, one of the best ever; and the deal from tommy16: I had to resist so bad; and the donic crest from Assam...
I'm in recovery! 3 VP and 1 cofferlait to remind me not to blunder.
Play, play, play is what I need to focus on.

The Dark Side of the force has its perks...
Cybershape Carbon
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2017 at 8:13am
Originally posted by pepinho pepinho wrote:

These come around the corner, announced lately by TT11. I hope these are not the Vega Series replacements...
Xiom Musa Euro
Xiom Musa Asia

Now they are available at my shop for 55 usd . Korean made all wood blade but it isnt as fast as Vega series.
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2017 at 11:42am
Which one from the vega series is best for short pips?
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic