Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Xiom Vega Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2017 at 12:00am
Originally posted by ronakvyas86 ronakvyas86 wrote:

Which one from the vega series is best for short pips?

Bump
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2017 at 12:21am

Bump

The question is not going to get an answer as posed. You really need to describe what you are looking for in a blade and then you will get a response as to which blade fits that description. No blade is best for anything without understanding what the player is trying to do.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2017 at 12:53am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Bump

The question is not going to get an answer as posed. You really need to describe what you are looking for in a blade and then you will get a response as to which blade fits that description. No blade is best for anything without understanding what the player is trying to do.

Fair suggestion. I like solid feeling blades with some flex (not too much flex like YEO, somewhere around clipper-like or little less than clipper). I've tried hinoki top ply blades with short pips (all-hinoki, hinoki carbon) and they don't work with SP for me. I've been thinking of getting a vega series CPEN blade but can't decide between pro and euro. I like SP on my RPB side for driving/hitting. I twiddle sometimes to play a blocking/hitting game. Which one of vega pro/euro would be better? Speed-wise, I'm looking for a blade faster than a Joola Rossi Emotion but not as fast as a hinoki carbon beast, so an OFF blade I guess. Anyone with experiance with SP with any vega series blade would share experiance?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2017 at 4:07am
Thanks fatt
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 12:06pm
I'm also very interested in Vega Pro blade. It costs 78€ on tt-japan.net Has anyone ordered anything from them? If yes, were you satisfied?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 12:49pm

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Bump

Fair suggestion. I like solid feeling blades with some flex (not too much flex like YEO, somewhere around clipper-like or little less than clipper). I've tried hinoki top ply blades with short pips (all-hinoki, hinoki carbon) and they don't work with SP for me. I've been thinking of getting a vega series CPEN blade but can't decide between pro and euro. I like SP on my RPB side for driving/hitting. I twiddle sometimes to play a blocking/hitting game. Which one of vega pro/euro would be better? Speed-wise, I'm looking for a blade faster than a Joola Rossi Emotion but not as fast as a hinoki carbon beast, so an OFF blade I guess. Anyone with experiance with SP with any vega series blade would share experiance?

I am using SP on vega pro. It plays perfect. I had one session on vega euro and seems no problem too
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 5:25pm
Could someone compare Vega Pro or Europe to TB ALC (or blades with the same composition) in terms of speed and feel (sharpness or precision in more powerful shots)? I'd be very thankful.
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 8:46pm
I have a zjk alc and vega pro both have mxp rubbers on it.. vega pro has a better dwell than zjk alc , vega pro is a bit flexy and zjk alc is a bit stiff but not muted you could feel the crisp in every shot.. zjk alc is bit powerful than vega pro both are good blades so take your pick. :)
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2017 at 3:50pm
I tried TB ALC and it felt good on slower shots (nice dwell), but it was too slow for me, and it lacked crispness and precision in more powerful shots. So if you say XVP is very similar to ALC then I guess I'll have to find other blade...
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 11:18am
Originally posted by carbon136 carbon136 wrote:

I tried TB ALC and it felt good on slower shots (nice dwell), but it was too slow for me, and it lacked crispness and precision in more powerful shots. So if you say XVP is very similar to ALC then I guess I'll have to find other blade...

If TB ALC is slow for you , than you might want to apply for a chinese super league ;)

Edited by t64t64t64 - 03/26/2017 at 11:18am
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 11:42am
If you live in the US and would like to try out the Xiom Vega Pro (for free: you only pay shipping), wait for a day for me to start the relevant thread on this.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I do not know Vega tour or euro but from what you write I can tell you will like the Vega pro because its range is so wide. Beginners like professional players can trust that blade. Go for it. Results guaranteed.

think the blade for sp should be low throw stiff not too thick solid feeling not mushy like primorac carbon and short dwell
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 2:07am
Our FLASH DEAL PROMOTION!!

My shop's selling MUSA Euro and MUSA ASIA for only 38 USD and Vega Pro,Vega Euro for 90 USD shipping included for only 29th June - 1st July 2017
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 7:44am
delete 

Edited by carbon136 - 06/30/2017 at 8:11am
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 8:35pm
anyone have tried xiom vega pro and apolonia zlc?? any comparison??
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 9:36pm
the vega pro and apolonia zlc will be quite different. one is outer and other is inner layer composite material, respectively. the core woods are also different.
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
pepinho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2017 at 4:12am
Both blades are exceptional and similar of feeling and speed. I own both of the blades. Topspin monsters but not so fast. Do it all blades. If you like to spin the ball these are great. I do not recommend these for hitters and smashers.
MJ ZLC • D09C • D09C
===
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74522&title=feedback-pepinho
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2017 at 8:26pm
ive been thinking about this that they might have similarity. how similar are they?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2017 at 10:52am
The Feel series of Xiom is out there. Anybody planning to buy any?
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/catalogsearch/result/?q=Xiom+feel

Edited by fatt - 10/02/2017 at 10:53am
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2017 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

The Feel series of Xiom is out there. Anybody planning to buy any?
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/catalogsearch/result/?q=Xiom+feel

I wonder how much different is ZX1 to ZX2, or even ZX3. 
40 euros difference is huge for basically the same composition. From what I saw on their facebook page, ZX1 is made in China and ZX2/ZX3 are made in Japan, but I'm curious to know the actual difference in play.

Anyway, Hinoki + Zephylium is a combination that I would like to try one day.

Xiom Feel SX is the first blade that I saw that uses basically the same 1st + 2nd ply as Double Day Loop King = anegre + aramid carbon [SX] or arylate carbon [LK]. Interesting.

What gives more wood feeling, alc or zlc blades? I'm more curious about ZX than HX/SX blades because Xiom marketed as they have wood feel, is that due to zlc / zephylium?

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2017 at 3:36pm
Will the zx3 be a glorified vega tour?
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2017 at 3:43pm
I also wonder about the difference between HX and HX Pro. 
Xiom marketed as HX Pro uses 250 years old Kiso Hinoki (and said nothing about HX), but the stats printed on blade face are exactly the same between them (same "speed", same "ball grap", same "katapult")... 
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2017 at 1:07am
Things are getting confusing. 
Untill some days ago, all images of ZX1 and AX showed the blades have Hinoki outer plies. 
Know, pictures on TT11 and others shows a different outer ply, wich looks to be Limba (ZX1) and Koto (AX). On Xiom website, they still are with Hinoki outer ply. What is going on??

But if the correct outer plies are Limba and Koto, I actually think it is a good idea. So ZX1 and AX are maybe a cheaper version of Vega Pro and Vega Euro, and therefore, an even cheaper alternative to JM ZLC and TB ZLC?  Interesting. 

Edit: AX has aramid carbon, so it is not a cheaper Vega Euro. Maybe it is closer to TB ALC, but the koto (?) outer is darker (ZX1 limba too), so probably it received some kind of different treatment. If someone has new infos, please post here, this blade looks interesting.

Links:

Edited by shinshiro - 10/19/2017 at 1:12am
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by shinshiro shinshiro wrote:

Things are getting confusing. 
Untill some days ago, all images of ZX1 and AX showed the blades have Hinoki outer plies. 
Know, pictures on TT11 and others shows a different outer ply, wich looks to be Limba (ZX1) and Koto (AX). On Xiom website, they still are with Hinoki outer ply. What is going on??

But if the correct outer plies are Limba and Koto, I actually think it is a good idea. So ZX1 and AX are maybe a cheaper version of Vega Pro and Vega Euro, and therefore, an even cheaper alternative to JM ZLC and TB ZLC?  Interesting. 

Edit: AX has aramid carbon, so it is not a cheaper Vega Euro. Maybe it is closer to TB ALC, but the koto (?) outer is darker (ZX1 limba too), so probably it received some kind of different treatment. If someone has new infos, please post here, this blade looks interesting.

Links:

Everything about this series is pretty cryptic. The only thing I know for sure is that they are cutting up 250 year old Kiso Hinoki trees to make them. If true, it would be an automatic no for me.
vishal_dindoyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2017 at 2:55am
I have been using the Feel AX ST for a week now. Was looking for a 90+g but the heaviest one i could get my hands on was a 89g one. The outer ply is definitely koto. It's some kind of burnt koto. At least it's smells like burnt wood. Mine is almost fish scale like. Looks very nice! I would send some pictures but unfortunately I have rubbers on the blade. The built and the finish of the blade is very good, same as Hayabusa series i would say. Just need a little sanding around the neck before use. The head size and shape of the AX is exactly the same as the Hayabusas'. The handle might be just a hair thinner. It's also a little bit more head heavy than a Hayabusa ZXi. Which is not necessarily a bad thing for me since I always balance my blades with tape on the handle.

Speed
At 89g i would say the Feel AX is a solid OFF blade. My 94g fish scale Viscaria is a notch faster than it. It would be in the same speed range as Viscaria, TBS and TB ALC of the same weight.

Control, spin, feel and flex

The feel is very crisp because of the burnt koto, as crisp if not more than a fish scale Viscaria. The flex and the ALC inside help when spinning the ball. Quite easy to produce a lot spin on loops. You can feel the blade 'catching' the ball when looping heavy underspin. This blade has a little more flex than a viscaria of the same weight. I would even say it has more control than my Viscaria. Easier to block and easier to counter-loop with. At 89g it has more than enough power from far away from the table.

Overall
I'm very pleasantly surprised by this blade! For me it like a Viscaria with more flex. Just a little bit of head heaviness which should not be a problem. If heavier blades become available i think the Feel AX might become popular among non-sponsored high level players in the future.

shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2017 at 6:00am
Originally posted by vishal_dindoyal vishal_dindoyal wrote:

I have been using the Feel AX ST for a week now. Was looking for a 90+g but the heaviest one i could get my hands on was a 89g one. The outer ply is definitely koto. It's some kind of burnt koto. At least it's smells like burnt wood. Mine is almost fish scale like. Looks very nice! I would send some pictures but unfortunately I have rubbers on the blade. The built and the finish of the blade is very good, same as Hayabusa series i would say. Just need a little sanding around the neck before use. The head size and shape of the AX is exactly the same as the Hayabusas'. The handle might be just a hair thinner. It's also a little bit more head heavy than a Hayabusa ZXi. Which is not necessarily a bad thing for me since I always balance my blades with tape on the handle.

Speed
At 89g i would say the Feel AX is a solid OFF blade. My 94g fish scale Viscaria is a notch faster than it. It would be in the same speed range as Viscaria, TBS and TB ALC of the same weight.

The feel is very crisp because of the burnt koto, as crisp if not more than a fish scale Viscaria. The flex and the ALC inside help when spinning the ball. Quite easy to produce a lot spin on loops. You can feel the blade 'catching' the ball when looping heavy underspin. This blade has a little more flex than a viscaria of the same weight. I would even say it has more control than my Viscaria. Easier to block and easier to counter-loop with. At 89g it has more than enough power from far away from the table.

Overall
I'm very pleasantly surprised by this blade! For me it like a Viscaria with more flex. Just a little bit of head heaviness which should not be a problem. If heavier blades become available i think the Feel AX might become popular among non-sponsored high level players in the future.

Nice review vishal_dindoyal, thanks!
Is it possible for you to post a pic of the side? From what you said it seems to be an "outer" type composite
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by shinshiro shinshiro wrote:

[QUOTE=vishal_dindoyal]I have been using the Feel AX ST for a week now. Was looking for a 90+g but the heaviest one i could get my hands on was a 89g one. The outer ply is definitely koto. It's some kind of burnt koto. At least it's smells like burnt wood. Mine is almost fish scale like. Looks very nice! I would send some pictures but unfortunately I have rubbers on the blade.

Thanks for the review!

Quick question. Does XIOM anywhere publish the composition of their blades, either on the package, on their site, or on one v if their resellers' sites? I think that these blades are made in China which gives the factory lots of wiggle room without published specifications. This is what I meant by cryptic. Thanks again!
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2017 at 10:21am

Speed

Overall

Wow, considering the price of the Feel AX, it sounds like an incredible deal!  Thanks for the review!
vishal_dindoyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2017 at 10:31am
https://imgur.com/gallery/8QLBy
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2017 at 10:39am

https://imgur.com/gallery/8QLBy

Thanks!

Does anyone recognize the core, not that it matters without written specifications, but it would still be interesting to know?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic