Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

New Xiom Vega Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 11:35am
you are on the right track; for you and me, vp! 

Power mj>vp
Speed mj>vp
Spin mj<vp
Bounce mj>vp
Dwell mj<vp
Control mj<vp

the vp is close to the mj but it is much better if the player like me has a slower arm :)

rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Power mj>vp
Speed mj>vp
Spin mj<vp
Bounce mj>vp
Dwell mj<vp
Control mj<vp

the vp is close to the mj but it is much better if the player like me has a slower arm :)

Thanks for the above comparison fatt. Which rubbers have you tried with XVP, have you tried tenergy and tibhar evo rubbers with it?

Would you say it would be a waste of money if I got both MJ ZLC and XVP to test which one better suits me?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Power mj>vp
Speed mj>vp
Spin mj<vp
Bounce mj>vp
Dwell mj<vp
Control mj<vp

Thanks for the above comparison fatt. Which rubbers have you tried with XVP, have you tried tenergy and tibhar evo rubbers with it?

Would you say it would be a waste of money if I got both MJ ZLC and XVP to test which one better suits me?

Everything else looks good but I'm worried that XVP might be slower than what I want in a blade as it's rated only OFF and I'm currently using HL5 which is an OFF+ blade and I find it's speed to be satisfactory.

Edited by unstopabl3 - 02/11/2017 at 12:32pm
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 2:02pm
If you buy them both used, I believe you can get your money back selling one of them on the forum. An old mj 1st gen at $120 max (they used to be $140 but people price it in function of the new one's price...) and a used vp at $90 is where I would look at. Both are keepers if you do not mind immobilizing a couple hundred bucks into 2 blades: nothing wrong owning them both :)
I just decided not to own a mj because that's what I will play for fun at the expense of the control the vp gives me.

Edited by fatt - 02/11/2017 at 2:03pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 3:05pm

If you buy them both used, I believe you can get your money back selling one of them on the forum. An old mj 1st gen at $120 max (they used to be $140 but people price it in function of the new one's price...) and a used vp at $90 is where I would look at. Both are keepers if you do not mind immobilizing a couple hundred bucks into 2 blades: nothing wrong owning them both :)
I just decided not to own a mj because that's what I will play for fun at the expense of the control the vp gives me.

Thanks that's a great suggestion, I'll keep an eye on the sale section :)

How is the new MJ ZLC different from the old one?
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 3:20pm
I never tried the new regular mj.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 3:28pm

I never tried the new regular mj.

Okay, have you tried tenergy and tibhar evo rubbers on XVP?
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 4:00pm
MX-P max: did not like it
T80fx max: liked it a lot on the bh.

Note: bluefire m2: near perfect for me on the fh
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 4:58pm

MX-P max: did not like it
T80fx max: liked it a lot on the bh.

Note: bluefire m2: near perfect for me on the fh

You didn't like MX-P as a rubber or you didn't like it on this blade specifically? And why didn't you like it? I ask because I've been using MX-P on my FH for about 6 months now and I'd hate to switch to a different rubber if it's not suitable with XVP.

Thanks
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 5:01pm
It's just too brutal for me.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 5:14pm

It's just too brutal for me.

lol you mean it's too fast or you don't like it's feel?
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 5:48pm
it's great when I am in position and I go for it; the rest of the time it's too fast, too powerful and too unforgiving. 
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 8:37pm
I feel more confident with mxp in 2.0 thickness its more controllable than the max.. I am currently using xvp and mxp as my bh rubber

Edited by Saitama - 02/11/2017 at 8:41pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 7:29pm

I sold all my blades and bought 2 Vega Pro ST for a total of 3; I am done! 

did you try Vega Euro? if worst to try

Edited by piligrim - 02/12/2017 at 8:10pm
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 8:05pm
He he never again...
I almost bought that beautiful violin dan_can is selling.: Incredible blade, one of the best ever; and the deal from tommy16: I had to resist so bad; and the donic crest from Assam...
I'm in recovery! 3 VP and 1 cofferlait to remind me not to blunder.
Play, play, play is what I need to focus on.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 9:42pm

He he never again...
I almost bought that beautiful violin dan_can is selling.: Incredible blade, one of the best ever; and the deal from tommy16: I had to resist so bad; and the donic crest from Assam...
I'm in recovery! 3 VP and 1 cofferlait to remind me not to blunder.
Play, play, play is what I need to focus on.

The Dark Side of the force has its perks...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
True Carbon FL
FH: Genius Max B
BH: Genius Max R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2017 at 12:41am
he he nice try again Smile
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2017 at 8:13am
Originally posted by pepinho pepinho wrote:

These come around the corner, announced lately by TT11. I hope these are not the Vega Series replacements...
Xiom Musa Euro
Xiom Musa Asia

Now they are available at my shop for 55 usd . Korean made all wood blade but it isnt as fast as Vega series.
Blade:andro Wanokiwami AO ST 83g
BH:Gewo Hype EL 42.5
FH:Sanwei Target National
Table tennis lover<3
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=76296&title=feedback-arteepr
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2017 at 11:42am
Which one from the vega series is best for short pips?
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2017 at 12:00am
Originally posted by ronakvyas86 ronakvyas86 wrote:

Bump
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2017 at 12:21am

Bump

The question is not going to get an answer as posed. You really need to describe what you are looking for in a blade and then you will get a response as to which blade fits that description. No blade is best for anything without understanding what the player is trying to do.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
True Carbon FL
FH: Genius Max B
BH: Genius Max R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2017 at 12:53am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Bump

The question is not going to get an answer as posed. You really need to describe what you are looking for in a blade and then you will get a response as to which blade fits that description. No blade is best for anything without understanding what the player is trying to do.

Fair suggestion. I like solid feeling blades with some flex (not too much flex like YEO, somewhere around clipper-like or little less than clipper). I've tried hinoki top ply blades with short pips (all-hinoki, hinoki carbon) and they don't work with SP for me. I've been thinking of getting a vega series CPEN blade but can't decide between pro and euro. I like SP on my RPB side for driving/hitting. I twiddle sometimes to play a blocking/hitting game. Which one of vega pro/euro would be better? Speed-wise, I'm looking for a blade faster than a Joola Rossi Emotion but not as fast as a hinoki carbon beast, so an OFF blade I guess. Anyone with experiance with SP with any vega series blade would share experiance?
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2017 at 1:08am
I do not know Vega tour or euro but from what you write I can tell you will like the Vega pro because its range is so wide. Beginners like professional players can trust that blade. Go for it. Results guaranteed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2017 at 4:07am
Thanks fatt
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 12:06pm
I'm also very interested in Vega Pro blade. It costs 78€ on tt-japan.net Has anyone ordered anything from them? If yes, were you satisfied?
Blade Adidas Avenger Carbon (Fl)
FH Butterfly Tenergy 05 (2.1)
BH Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX (2.1)
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 12:49pm

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Bump

Fair suggestion. I like solid feeling blades with some flex (not too much flex like YEO, somewhere around clipper-like or little less than clipper). I've tried hinoki top ply blades with short pips (all-hinoki, hinoki carbon) and they don't work with SP for me. I've been thinking of getting a vega series CPEN blade but can't decide between pro and euro. I like SP on my RPB side for driving/hitting. I twiddle sometimes to play a blocking/hitting game. Which one of vega pro/euro would be better? Speed-wise, I'm looking for a blade faster than a Joola Rossi Emotion but not as fast as a hinoki carbon beast, so an OFF blade I guess. Anyone with experiance with SP with any vega series blade would share experiance?

I am using SP on vega pro. It plays perfect. I had one session on vega euro and seems no problem too
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 5:25pm
Could someone compare Vega Pro or Europe to TB ALC (or blades with the same composition) in terms of speed and feel (sharpness or precision in more powerful shots)? I'd be very thankful.
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 8:46pm
I have a zjk alc and vega pro both have mxp rubbers on it.. vega pro has a better dwell than zjk alc , vega pro is a bit flexy and zjk alc is a bit stiff but not muted you could feel the crisp in every shot.. zjk alc is bit powerful than vega pro both are good blades so take your pick. :)
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Saitama Saitama wrote:

I have a zjk alc and vega pro both have mxp rubbers on it.. vega pro has a better dwell than zjk alc , vega pro is a bit flexy and zjk alc is a bit stiff but not muted you could feel the crisp in every shot.. zjk alc is bit powerful than vega pro both are good blades so take your pick. :)

Spot on, assuming bty zjk alc and tb alc are close (i never tried zjk alc but the answer above applies to a comparison between vp and tb alc).

Edited by fatt - 03/24/2017 at 9:04pm
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2017 at 3:50pm
I tried TB ALC and it felt good on slower shots (nice dwell), but it was too slow for me, and it lacked crispness and precision in more powerful shots. So if you say XVP is very similar to ALC then I guess I'll have to find other blade...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic