Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Xiom Vega Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Xiom Vega Blades
    Posted: 01/20/2014 at 8:25am
Hmmm. TT11 just gave the heads-up on these:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/tt-blade-xiom-vega-pro-tt21445685#.Ut0fwodFDGg

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/tt-blade-xiom-vega-euro-tt21445662#.Ut0fwodFDGg

More Zeph carbon, "jointless" wood, a wide flare handle option. According to the VAST amount of writing on the blade face, there's also a Tour version with an Hinoki outer.

Can make some guesses from the handle-end pictures. Both Pro and Euro have the fibre under the outer ply. The Outer plies look different between the two models - Euro has the "leopard" pattern, so I guess koto? Pro has a slightly porous wood for the top ply - limba?

I liked the Hayabusa ZXi, but it was a bit of a full-on blade. Would be interesting to see more details - blade thickness would help a lot. Zeph had a nice feel to it, and I'm highly curious about the hinoki Tour... (edit - they are 5.8mm, so only slightly thicker than the ZXi)

Still, Xiom, come on. Why re-use the Vega name for a range of blades? This will get confusing - "I'm using Vega Pro and Vega Euro on a Vega Euro, but I have a backup setup of Vega Euro and Vega Pro on a Vega Pro". Bah.

Edited by AndySmith - 01/20/2014 at 10:49am
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Sponsored Links

mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 8:38am
Yeah, Koto on the Euro and maybe Limba on the Tour...Prices are a bit lower than for the Hayabusa blades and the design (if one doesn't mind the novel that's printed on the blade's face) is more simple. If there also Omega and Sigma series coming... 
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 10:14am
Re: blade names, someone in their marketing department needs to be shown the door...
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 2:35pm
The top ply on the pro is limba wood. It will be interesting to see how the blades perform.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 2:40pm
the tattoo on 1 face is just too overwhelming.
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 5:15pm
Terrible names, it will get very confusing like Andy said. Also, the price seems inflated for something that has the appearance of a mediocre product. Fortunately, my Hayabusa ZXi is a quality blade. I love every rubber that I have ever tried from Xiom but as far as blades go they have the Hayabusa ZXi and the Stradivarius. All of their other blades seem very whatever to me. It's rather disappointing because I consider them to have the best rubber of any other company.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 11:55pm
as if Xiom's product line couldn't get any more obnoxious
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2014 at 1:04am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Re: blade names, someone in their marketing department needs to be shown the door...

Already did. That's why they're recycling these blade names  LOL
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2014 at 4:49am
Is it possible the marketing department decided to call them the Vega Europe and Vega Pro blades, so as to indicate that they are a good match with those particular rubbers?

Although I've not seen or played with the either the Vega Pro or Vega Europe blades; I know that Vega Europe is a good match on the Xiom Fuga; which is another Xiom blade that has Koto outer plies, like the Vega Europe blade.

n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2014 at 6:59pm
The names need work but I don't really care because I know if I buy something from Xiom I'm getting a great product. I'll win with them.LOL

I'm Nate
BLADE: YEO Cpen
BH: Xiom Omega IV Asia/Pogo pips out
FH: DHS Hurricane 2 neo

Blade: Nittaku Ruforal Jpen
FH: Nittaku Renanos Soft
RPB: focus 3 snipe<
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2014 at 8:18pm
i kinda like the really plain look… well except the tattooed side
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2014 at 8:25pm
so does this mean that we will expect a XIOM Vega Asian?  Would people find the name racist?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2014 at 8:29pm
No, next one will be Xiom Vegeterian or Xiom Vegan.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 12:44am
Xiom has really nice blades and rubbers but the rubbers are confusing with the names. Also I find the FL grips rather strange feeling. What exactly is a "Hayabusa"?
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 1:28am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

What exactly is a "Hayabusa"?
はやぶさfalcon (esp. the peregrine falcon, Falco peregrinus)

Edited by IanMcg - 01/22/2014 at 1:29am
straits85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straits85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 5:59am
A Suzuki bike LOL
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 10:23am
what happened to xiom vega euro blade??
It is no longer listed on tabletennis11.com website.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 10:34am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

??????????????????  They sell high quality blades for a reasonable price.  Their rubbers are standard ESN issue.  What is obnoxious?  Names?  Who cares?  I don't get it.

Edit added.  They do have a tendency to drop products from their line about as quickly as Taylor Swift drops boyfriends.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

They sell high quality blades for a reasonable price.  Their rubbers are standard ESN issue.  What is obnoxious?  Names?  Who cares?  I don't get it.
Edit added.  They do have a tendency to drop products from their line about as quickly as Taylor Swift drops boyfriends.
+2...also like John Mayer drops GFs....Big smile
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 6:52pm
too bad the first generation blades were much better in quality and performance and they discontinued them
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 8:29pm
do ppl still sing & dance around that Xiom Offensive S or whatever? Is it dying down?
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

too bad the first generation blades were much better in quality and performance and they discontinued them

especially the first gen blades that have a Lion symbol "design by micheal s. meister"
blade was given with awesome packaging.

this guy actually create a lot of beautiful high-end blade such as soulspin and basaltec(nittaku).

Edited by Crowsfeather - 02/08/2014 at 11:02pm
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2014 at 12:07am
I seems Xiom has taken these blades off the market again... not sure why or when they'll bring them back. Some shops no doubt still have some stock though.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2014 at 1:25pm

??????????????????  They sell high quality blades for a reasonable price.  Their rubbers are standard ESN issue.  What is obnoxious?  Names?  Who cares?  I don't get it.

No, the names aren't what's most obnoxious; it's the umpteen amount of rubbers they're releasing. Tibhar is starting to catch up.

And yes, the discontinuing of blades is annoying also.
tron52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tron52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2014 at 11:30pm
Good Day Pongers :) My 1st post and i'm Perry from the Philippines. My equipments are as follows...

Main setup (just shifted last night ^_^): Xiom Vega Pro Blade / Andro Rasant Turbo / Xiom Omege V Pro
Backups: BTY JMizutani / Andro Rasant / BTY Tenergy 05  -  BTY Photino Light / DHS Hurricane 3 / BTY T05fx

This beauty arrived yesterday from TT11 Estonia :), got so excited and hurriedly went to local club and tested it. This i found out.. Xiom's Zephylium & X-Carbon hype? all TRUE!!!!

It's lighter than MJ! Huge sweet spot (imho, about 3/4 circular area compared to main setup MJ which is about 1/2 sweet spot). Catapulting is so easy compared to MJ :)

However, i'd like to add, in my opinion, this blade is well suited for asian-style stroke, closed-angle bat stroke and full arm swing.. i tried euro style like timo stroke but the blade performance is mediocre. My guess is that, Xiom's other new blades like the omega ones are suited for other strokes, but for asian stroke, this blade definitely. :)

Fine craftsmanship of the blade and excellent price/sale/parcel handling from tabletennis11 are bonus to this experience :) 

Regards,
Perry from the Philippines

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2014 at 11:36pm

No, the names aren't what's most obnoxious; it's the umpteen amount of rubbers they're releasing. Tibhar is starting to catch up.

And yes, the discontinuing of blades is annoying also.

Add Donic to that list.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2014 at 11:43pm
tron52,

nice first post! good pics

Baal,

Donic is catching up... for a long time they seemed pretty sensible, focusing on the acuda line and having baracuda in the mix... but with the JP's on top of the bluefires which aren't old to begin with... sheesh. tons of new blades also, but to my knowledge they're not discontinuing them like Xiom tends to
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2014 at 11:47pm
How many versions of Bluefire can there be?  I'd say they are pretty much there.  But they win on style points for not discontinuing blades a year after they introduce them.  Just saying that it is not just XIom that went down the path of offering a blizzard of every so slightly different products.  In the case of rubbers, it is really everybody who gets their rubbers from ESN.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2014 at 11:53pm
I think Xiom takes the cake for confusion though. So many families of rubbers and how do they relate? Vegas, Omegas, Sigmas... bleh. I suppose Tibhar is the same: Nimbus, Aurus, MX/EL/FX-P, Qxwhatever. Something about Xiom just turns me off. I guess it's a personal issue!

edited to add: Tibhar... forgot about Sinus and Genius... man they have a ton

Edited by the_theologian - 03/05/2014 at 12:02am
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2014 at 4:50am

I think Xiom takes the cake for confusion though.

I think Victas can probably trump that one; VS > 01, V > 01 Stiff, VO > 101, etc Big smile
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic