FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Debraj Video with Rhyzm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Debraj Video with Rhyzm
    Posted: 01/24/2014 at 3:05am
Selected strokes / rallies

with James
Click for Video 1

with Serg
Click for Video 2

with Joe
Click for Video 3

Edited by debraj - 01/24/2014 at 6:32pm
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Sponsored Links

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 4:04am
Are these from a tournament?
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 10:02am
what's your rating? just curious
Rahul_TT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rahul_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 12:23pm
I like the slomo!

Edited by Rahul_TT - 01/24/2014 at 12:26pm
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 5:03pm

Edited by debraj - 04/21/2014 at 5:11pm
vid1
Vid 2
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 9:33pm
just fyi

in the first video - james won the 2200 last year at nationals

:)
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

observe that serve 1m33s
It's underspin masked as top; many people will cover it up into the net; also it does not seem heavy underspin but it can be. I have a friend who does it well and it's a pain; he will generally use it at 9-9 in the 5th to create a surprise :(
I know your not talking about me if your talking about spin. LOL
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:15pm
debraJ.....what did you not like about the Rhyzm?   Not enough topsheet tack/grip?

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 3:00pm
Here are the limitations of my game with rhyzm .... doesn't mean that i may not end up using rhyzm as my rubber... after all its all compromise.

- when pushed away from table against aggressive blocker, when the balls comes close to your body and you don't have room for big swing. it is difficult to generate power or spin. Ends up the blocker increasingly get control of the point

- serves don't have much teeth unlike chinese rubbers or tenergies or mx-p etc.

- short game is not as good as mx-p. but not bad

- spin on opening loops is less than of tenergy and mx-p.

- pushes require more attention.

the advantage is :

- extremely predictable and forgiving !! (imo main feature of this rubber, and its very important indeed.)

- in general good with most shots.
vid1
Vid 2
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 3:10pm
Interesting.....so would you say that regular Rhyzm is close to Rakza regular..but Rhyzm is slightly slower/less bouncy....and or more forgiving?  
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 4:14pm
nope ...rhyzm is faster than rakza!

don't remember bounciness of rakza right now!

forgiving depends on stroke type.. but in general i think both rubbers are very forgiving.

vid1
Vid 2
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 11:03am
Hi you all!
I have used Rhyzm on my fh about two season now. All and all it is a good rubber in all aspects. I´m really picky with my equipment so now I´m really considering to change My much loved Rhyzm to something else.Why? Becouse the differences between sheets is huge. I usually buy 5 sheets at once. First 5 were all really good. From next patch 1 out of 5 was fast and just lively enough. 2 out of 5 were ok. And two extremely hard (meaning bad for me). So now I´m thinking to change my fh rubber to something is like Rhyzm, maybe just a tad softer. Any ideas guys?

Thanks,
Tommi
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 12:53pm
this shouold have been in my other rhyzm thread.

Tommy ...you may well be right. for the previous Rhyzm sheet was not as good as the one i'm playing with now. I thought may be its my mistake.... but your post gives me confidence.

Thats the good thing.. but the bad thing now is ...

Rhyzm is from same factory as other esn rubbers. And their quality control is not different with other rubbers.
Also how long the rubber lies with dealer as inventory is another differentiating factor between sheet to sheet.

vid1
Vid 2
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 1:47pm
I'm not making that up: rhyzm is really good on any blade but it will shine even more on a blade with super hard outer plies. My new blade has a kiri core, mahogany medial and ipe outer (slightly hard - medium hard - hard) and it makes the rhyzm play like it never has before. It really is amazing. It's like a beast that has been domesticated and is more powerful and PREDICTABLE than ever.
One thought: with the advent of harder sponge, harder outer plies have been favored. That would explain, in addition of zjk, the success of koto outer and the viscaria.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 2:40pm
fatt...its is surprising how early in the forum members figured that hard sponge goes better with hard outer ply and soft rubber do good with soft outer plies...

i remember i figured it about 6 years back... other members who shared same experience i right now remmeber boz.

BUT it is also surprising how many members even today advise to pair hard rubbers with soft blades and viceversa.... just intuitively, without checking out themselves... or without having the skill to "check out and figure".
vid1
Vid 2
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 3:04pm
Hmmm! you guys get me thinking about the blade and rubber hardness.  I always thought it's the players preferences on blade hardness, like I always like harder blade, regardless of what rubbers I play with.  However, I do not like soft rubber, and maybe that is the reason why (always play with hard blade)...  I will have to get me some soft blade to try with soft rubber and see for myself Smile.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2014 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

fatt...its is surprising how early in the forum members figured that hard sponge goes better with hard outer ply and soft rubber do good with soft outer plies...

Here's what I think:
1. Hard sponge (MX-P / M1 types & not H3) can go on hard outers (Qabod, TB-ZLC, etc - generally, this implies a fast rebound blade) only if the player is technically prepared to handle a blade that shall offer low spin and high rebound speed at the table (player must have very quick footwork, good core muscles and must be able to generate good blade speed). Away from the table, it shall be awesome.
2. Soft sponge does not work on soft outers (here, soft also implies that it is dwelly because of the softness). Examples I tried: T05FX on a TB-ZLF or any soft rubber on the JRE. The throw shall be all over the place.
3. Hard on soft and soft on hard seems to solve both the problems above. For example, many use T05FX on the MJ (limba outer but still feels hard due to the ZLC fiber) or TB-ZLC. 

I can't use a sponge softer than that of T05 on FH on any blade.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2014 at 3:12pm
the good thing is once you get better you don't need anything soft any more, so this 'dilemma' is only to get you through your transitionary period. While I have seen blades that are too damm hard, I don't know a single rubber that is hard. Rubbers are regular and soft, not hard. 

But I have a nittaku Rutis Power for sale right now.. that blade is hard. I like hard and stiff, but that is like playing with cement. Its kind of cool in blocks and smacks, but looping offers no dwelltime. It makes TB ZLC look like a very moderate and acceptable blade.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2014 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

the good thing is once you get better you don't need anything soft any more, so this 'dilemma' is only to get you through your transitionary period. ....

you mean pro players who play with soft rubbers need more practice?
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic