Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WTTC CHINA TRIALS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 3:04am
Ιt is physically impossible for a woman to play like a man, even as  percentage imitation of the manly style. First of all women can face back muscle problems which can create more problems during pregnancy or after it. 

This is one of the main reasons that women loop differently, back muscle problems cannot be tolerated by their structure like men's

Another thing is that women are in general shorter than men, combining this fact with the fact that modern table tennis is more and more close to the table has the result that we see today. Fast counterloops with small motion and backhand counter hits

Personally I believe it would be rather ugly to see a female with manly characteristics either physically or technically. Women's TT somehow needs more grace to be popular like tennis

my TT blog!

Join & follow my TT blog ! Mental and Physi
Sponsored Links

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 5:36am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

I cannot believe that the entire Chinese National Team does not have one woman with male style. Like this girl Lin Ye from Singapore (Feng Tianwei is pretty similar). Her game is so beautiful! Even for a man. She has gorgeous strokes! I can see her threaten CNT. I also see CNT developing their own player with that style in the future. 
That
is
the future.

They have one - Guo Yue. Unfortunately, she has been expelled from the CNT just recently.

Former CNT Coach Lu Yuansheng is the first to put forward the concept "女子打法男性化(Masculinization of female style)." Guo Yue is both the first experimental subject and hopefully the last failure. The thought behind that idea is only natural but through Guo Yue's wasted talent it has been regarded as not feasible in application.

feng yalan played great in german open 2010 if im not mistaken, against ding ning and feng tian wei, actually ding ning and feng tianwei also played like men there, very strong FH loops away from the table
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 9:49am
Originally posted by TTFrenzy TTFrenzy wrote:

Ιt is physically impossible for a woman to play like a man, even as  percentage imitation of the manly style.
Why would you say that after you already know that such women do exist? You are wrong right off the bat, the rest of your post doesn't matter now. 

Women do not counter loop, because to have a counter loop somebody needs to loop first.I don't know if we can call that shot a loop, it is certainly different than a male loop stroke. Perhaps we can call it a floop. A short twitch of the hand is a floop. 

Anywho, if nobody has seen this girl Lin Ye, you should. I have never seen anything like it, not even in a 10 mile radius. The entire body behavior, back swing before contact.. All of her strokes are GORGEOUS.

puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 9:57am

Ιt is physically impossible for a woman to play like a man, even as  percentage imitation of the manly style.
Why would you say that after you already know that such women do exist? You are wrong right off the bat, the rest of your post doesn't matter now. 

Women do not counter loop, because to have a counter loop somebody needs to loop first.I don't know if we can call that shot a loop, it is certainly different than a male loop stroke. Perhaps we can call it a floop. A short twitch of the hand is a floop. 

Anywho, if nobody has seen this girl Lin Ye, you should. I have never seen anything like it, not even in a 10 mile radius. The entire body behavior, back swing before contact.. All of her strokes are GORGEOUS.

wow you are right, loops of her are awesome
Viscaria

The Observer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 10:13am
I am pretty sure Lin Ye was trained in China before moving to Singapore. 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 10:53am

I cannot believe that the entire Chinese National Team does not have one woman with male style. Like this girl Lin Ye from Singapore (Feng Tianwei is pretty similar). Her game is so beautiful! Even for a man. She has gorgeous strokes! I can see her threaten CNT. I also see CNT developing their own player with that style in the future. 
That
is
the future.

Good game.

Without explicitly accusing anyone of wrongdoing in the absence of concrete evidence, I'll just blanketedly remark that in the future, TT needs to get VADA, WADA on board & also decide what to do in case they come across a 'Caster Semenya' like case.

Boosting rubber is going to be so passé...

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 11:24am
Slevin, I agree.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
strideforward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strideforward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 12:02pm
FH counterloop = man style?What a simple understanding.

Different people has different gestures to fit their physical structure.  What matters is the quality of your shots, not how the gesture looks like.

Even in today's man's TT world, FH looping is giving way to the BH strength. If I can beat others in one shot I would never play counterloops with them.

Among the stars in Chinese women team, Those who rely on the strong attacks are LXX,  LSW (though she is short but she is still strong), Chen Meng While Ding Ning and Zhu Yuling, their shots are softer, and more likely to be a defender.

Both players and coaches admit Lxx has the most advanced skill in women team, and she is first one to use new man technique in 2013 WTTC, which is an important reason that she won the title. So women actually do learn new skills from men.

Ding Ning is changing her skill system because her technique was considered not aggresive enough, falling behind other women players. Now when we talk about "Man style in women's skill", it is more concerned about the attack consciousness, the development tendency of TT skill, the placement of the ball.

The biggest problem of Guo Yue is she only has a good FH shot but never make up her BH flaw, or not well enough, like Feng Yalan, Xu xin, and even Ma Long, that's nothing in today's TT.

Edited by strideforward - 01/29/2014 at 12:10pm
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 12:33pm
Im not sure you we are talking about the same thing. You are talking about how women should play to win. You may be right, i can't really assess all that you said, it was a lot, but that has nothing to do with my admiration of Lin Ye's technique. It is BEAUTIFUL. Even if she never wins anything major and the chinese women continue to rule, that would have no bearing on the fact that no CNT female has such nice technique. If she practices with Feng Tianwei, i do believe she will one day start tripping CNT women.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Artem12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artem12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 12:57pm

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 4:14pm
On men's side, Jike Zhang got the very first ticket to go to Tokyo.

After googling of "2014 WTTC Chinese squad trials", couldn't find whether any woman player has been selected.

*** 5 male and 5 female players will be selected.***
skip3119
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 4:27pm
watching ZJK-ML match, it's apparent that ZJK prepared himself for this. He anticipated ML's placement and shots very well. The last match ML was better prepared, by the same token, this time ZJK was the one better prepared to play his opponent. 
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strideforward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

After googling of "2014 WTTC Chinese squad trials", couldn't find whether any woman player has been selected.

Lxx is the winner. They both get two more flight tickets for their parents.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by strideforward strideforward wrote:

===============================================

What about Zhu Yuling?  (See below).
Both have 11 wins and 2 losses.

======================================

Women: 
1 Li Xiaoxia, Zhu Yuling - 11 wins 2 losses

3 Feng Yalan, Mu Zi, Liu Shiwen - 9 wins 4 losses

6 Chen Meng - 8 wins 5 losses

7 Wen Jia, Ding Ning - 7 wins 6 losses 

skip3119
TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 4:39pm

You are referring to loop as it is something like you have created or your personal preference. Whatever makes you comfortable, personally i find her play ugly and not feminine at all, plus big strokes in women TT are not effective.

Women do loop, looping is lifting the ball with topspin creating an arc either the incoming ball has backspin or not. So even with or without the whole body motion, everybody can make a loop.

Now if it is beautiful for you or effective for me this is a whole different part of the story which is really subjective and everyone can say what he likes to say. Somethhing like the stupid debate abpout ML or ZJK, eventually it doesnt matter to me, I just dont cannot see why the manly style is the future of women TT, women cannot play like men, this girl is just an exception

She can play like a man yes, her motions remind me of a female FAN zhendong, we will have our answers when and if she beats the chinese women.  Till then her loops are not strong, manly yes but not strong, I would be impressed if she would know how to exert the same power as the chinese with such a bigger motion. 

Maybe she must refine her timing trying to take the ball earlier, but this means stronger faster feet which she dont has (thats why she mistimes the ball sometimes). And the question is can she develop a muscular body to support her power play with big manly motions? I dont think so but I would be glad to be proven falseWink
my TT blog!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strideforward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 4:42pm

===============================================

What about Zhu Yuling?  (See below).
Both have 11 wins and 2 losses.

======================================

Women: 
1 Li Xiaoxia, Zhu Yuling - 11 wins 2 losses

3 Feng Yalan, Mu Zi, Liu Shiwen - 9 wins 4 losses

6 Chen Meng - 8 wins 5 losses

7 Wen Jia, Ding Ning - 7 wins 6 losses 

She lost to Li Xiaoxia in the trials, so Li Xiaoxia wonLOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strideforward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 4:46pm
Too bad after the last game that ZYL lost to LSW, she shed tears on the bench in the corridor. The two games she lost, one is against LXX, the other is against LSW.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

watching ZJK-ML match, it's apparent that ZJK prepared himself for this. He anticipated ML's placement and shots very well. The last match ML was better prepared, by the same token, this time ZJK was the one better prepared to play his opponent. 

Two 9-9 games decided by consecutive ZJK winners. I wouldn't put it done to anything material. I was just trying to stoke fanboy interest.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 4:55pm
Oh and when I say they cannot play like men I dont mean their style, this is just a matter of pure imitation and easy, but imitating men style and being 100% effective at the same time now that is something I would like to see, although watching girls playing anything like men, seems ugly at best case scenario. Dont wannt think about the worst
my TT blog!

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 5:01pm

Too bad after the last game that ZYL lost to LSW, she shed tears on the bench in the corridor. The two games she lost, one is against LXX, the other is against LSW.
==========================

They had the same record, or tied.
But head-to-head, Zhu Yuling lost to LXX - that's the tie breaker.

skip3119
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 5:01pm

women cannot play like men, this girl is just an exception

She can play like a man yes, her motions remind me of a female FAN zhendong, we will have our answers when and if she beats the chinese women.  Till then her loops are not strong, manly yes but not strong, I would be impressed if she would know how to exert the same power as the chinese with such a bigger motion. 

I never said her loops were strong. Actually I noticed myself that despite the nice long swing, the ball doesn't seem to have a lot of power. Maybe shes using a paddle recommended by frogger, or maybe its just that even with the strokes and the body, she is still a woman after all. 

Anywho, when you say manly, I see you mean to use it as the usual derogatory term when pointed to women. The thing is, her strokes are absolutely gorgeous. Pure pleasure to watch. And to be honest, in a nice dress and a trip to the hair salon, and she will probably look quite nice. Women often try to bring down other women who have achieved something they themselves wish, and I sense some of that bitter flavor in the air here. But I think that girl looks and plays in a way that is very pleasant to watch. 

TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 5:04pm
Well it is not very pleasant for me but that is just a matter of preference, so whatever pleases you mate. As for the irony come on dude we are not in high school
my TT blog!

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 5:06pm
so ZJK is already chosen? anybody else chosen to represent china in the mens team??
Viscaria

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strideforward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 5:09pm

==========================

They had the same record, or tied.
But head-to-head, Zhu Yuling lost to LXX - that's the tie breaker.

Exactly right.Only if she could win one more game. But still I think this is beyond her scope. she had already done her best. Even she cann't make it in the next stage, I think the coaches will give her a recommendatory ticket in the end.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 5:16pm
what is the next stage?

I think there will be a battle for the 5th place between YA and WH, and im not sure who will win it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strideforward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 5:18pm
Actually we have the official ranking like this:

1. Li Xiaoxia
2. Zhu Yuling (lost to LXX)
3.Feng Yalan
4.Liu Shiwen (lost to Feng Yalan)
5. Mu Zi (lost both to Feng and Liu)

Considering h2h and then the specific score when players have the same wins and losses are consistent rules in the team trials.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strideforward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 5:22pm

what is the next stage?

I think there will be a battle for the 5th place between YA and WH, and im not sure who will win it.

Next month first 8 players (men and women respectively) in this stage except the winner will have a knockout stage, the winner will get the ticket.

Maybe the coaches will have 2-3  recommendatory places.

Edited by strideforward - 01/29/2014 at 5:26pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 5:31pm

what is the next stage?

====================================

Current standing:

Men: 

1 Zhang Jike - 10 wins 1 loss  (Jike got the first ticket, 4 slots remain.)

2 Ma Long - 9 wins 2 losses

3 Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong - 8 wins 3 losses

5 Liang Jingkun, Yan An - 7 wins 4 losses

7 Hao Shuai - 6 wins 5 losses

8 Wang Hao - 5 wins 6 losses

9 Cheng Jingqi, Lin Gaoyuan - 2 wins 9 losses 

11 Zhou Yu, Kong Lingxuan - 1 win 10 losses 

skip3119
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2014 at 7:12pm
Important win for ZJK but I wouldn't say he played that great, the thing is both of them did not. ML made quite a lot of wrong decisions and many errors, including unforced errors, like putting practically only sidespin on his short game and letting ZJK attack this kind of shots. There were some excellent plays from both sides, but let's get the concept of a "winner" explained - it means that the other player can not react with a proper shot or at all. There was only ONE winner at the end of the last two games - the last point off a bad receive. The other 3 points were forced errors, one of them was even rather unforced but it's a tough call and it doesn't really matter.

Edited by mg - 01/29/2014 at 7:13pm
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2014 at 4:37pm
Any more matches from the trials? What about ZJK:FZD? Or ZJK : XX? Those would be treat to watch.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic