Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Stellan Camp in Oregon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2018 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

If you haven't met him yet, Mjamja, the gypsy table tennis player from TX, will be there.

We were fortunate to have mjamja come through California a few weeks ago.  We all learned a lot from him.  He's also an excellent coach. 
He's spending the month of August here in Salem, culminating in the Stellan training camp, where Mjamja learns all those things that he teaches to everyone else.

Edited by benfb - 08/05/2018 at 6:40pm
Sponsored Links

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2018 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

If you haven't met him yet, Mjamja, the gypsy table tennis player from TX, will be there.

We were fortunate to have mjamja come through California a few weeks ago.  We all learned a lot from him.  He's also an excellent coach. 
He's spending the month of August here in Salem, culminating in the Stellan training camp, where Mjamja learns all those things that he teaches to everyone else.[/QUOTE]

It's rumored that he's returning to California on his way back to the Goose Island Table Tennis Club.  I'm afraid we're in for more punishment.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2018 at 10:51pm
Slight correction. The Goose Island Traveling Table Tennis Club goes wherever I go, so no "returning" to it.

I do plan to stop back in the Sacramento and Sonora areas on my return trip to Texas. My play will most assuredly be different. Only time will tell if it is better or worse.

Interesting that here in Oregon all the 1650's beat me just like in Ca. In warm-up and drills the 1400's feel like 1800 and the 1600's like 2000. In game play not quite as much difference but if I played tournaments here for even 2 months I bet I would be 1650-1750 at the end.

Mark - Still proving that 1650 is the new 1850 (at least on West Coast).
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2018 at 12:09am
Mark, it will be worse, but you will become one of the bad-azz posse of 1700-1800 rated players who would clobber any 1900 East Coast opponent brutal in a match so bad that they would in that moment terribly regret their decision to pursue table tennis and totally lose their desire to play.

You are already very solid in your rally, tactics and decision making. One SB gets you onto seeing opponents' feet and intent better that you already do, you will win more points and games.

Offensive players look at you and your "Weak" looking offensive point winning or pressure shots, but never see the true things you do well at a level way better than them. Players lose to you and wonder what hit them. Maybe later if they learn the sport some more they could see, but it doesn't take Rocket Man Rambo shots to win every point in this sport. The moment they see that and adjust is the moment they have any chance vs you.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic