Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

butterfly zhang jike blue dragon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: butterfly zhang jike blue dragon
    Posted: 02/08/2014 at 1:56am
does anyone have this blade? if so can you tell me what you  think i am thinking of getting it but i dont know how it plays, i dont want to waste money

my style is fh loop everything bh topspin drive
butterfly Timo Boll spirit

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
Sponsored Links

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 2:06am
This is one of the cases where the fake is probably better than the original.
boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 2:08am
i dont understand fake?

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 2:11am
boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 2:24am
so the blue one is fake? is it the same as the real version?

real one is 129 fake is 42 is there a difference in performance?

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 9:00am
The authentic ZJK blue dragon is a disappointing blade.  The feeling is kind of weird and for some reason it does not play as well as other Butterfly ALC blades, I think it is the weight distribution.  I am not the only person who thinks this. It is not easy to understand why it is different since it is supposed to be made of more or less the same materials, but the feeling of the Blue Dragon is just not very good and they never sold very many of them.  And if a blade with ZJKs name on it can't sell, there has to be a problem!   (Bear in mind that ZJK does not use any of the blades with his name on it).  I think the newer ZJK ALC blade is much better, I think it is one of the best blades I have every tried.  I have tried the super-ZLC also, it is excellent, but way too expensive and I prefer the ZJK-ALC.  I have not tried the ZJK-ZLC but it has gotten really good reviews.  Also Viscaria is much better.  Also TB-ALC is good too.  All of these play better than the blue dragon one.
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 9:58am
One of the badest blades Butterfly has ever produced...
I tried it three Training sessions, after the first two ones i was hoping i can get used to the blade since often you need to test blades two or three sessions to get a Feeling for it, but definitly i did not like it at all.
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 4:53pm
I had a hit with one that had T05FX and T64FX on FH and BH respectively, and it felt fast, yes, but it felt hard in an uncomfortable way. I could play with it just fine, but the feel was rather off-putting. Maybe because I'm used to playing with all-wood blades, but I've hit with carbon blades that felt better than this (like the TBZLC, Maze)
boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 5:13pm
thank you all for the feedback will not purchase thanks i think i will get TBS or MMaze

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

The authentic ZJK blue dragon is a disappointing blade.  The feeling is kind of weird and for some reason it does not play as well as other Butterfly ALC blades, I think it is the weight distribution.  I am not the only person who thinks this. It is not easy to understand why it is different since it is supposed to be made of more or less the same materials, but the feeling of the Blue Dragon is just not very good and they never sold very many of them. 

I got totally different impression. for me it's very good blade. even better than Viscaria

boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

The authentic ZJK blue dragon is a disappointing blade.  The feeling is kind of weird and for some reason it does not play as well as other Butterfly ALC blades, I think it is the weight distribution.  I am not the only person who thinks this. It is not easy to understand why it is different since it is supposed to be made of more or less the same materials, but the feeling of the Blue Dragon is just not very good and they never sold very many of them. 

I got totally different impression. for me it's very good blade. even better than Viscaria

how so can you tell me about your experience? :)

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by boaspirit boaspirit wrote:

how so can you tell me about your experience? :)

nice blade. good control and feeling. if someone will sell it for good price will buy it

boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 5:25pm
does anyone know how the TBS compare to it?

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 5:39pm
TBS:  softer top surface and softer overall feel, a bit slower, usually a bit heavier, smaller handle (which is main problem with TBS) but nice balance compared to ZJK blue dragon blade.  
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 5:57pm

totally agree with you here. there is a misconception about the original ZJK blade. for me it's just like the Viscaria except with a better handle. don't let people tell you it is inferior to the other ALC blade.
RSM Special Platinum T64
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 7:22pm
I have been playing with Viscaria since 2006 I have owned a bunch.  It is a different blade from the two Blue Dragons I have tried.  Some people may like Blue Dragon but make no mistake, it is not the same as Viscaria.  Same general class of blades, but not the same.  Piligrim for example likes the Blue Dragon better, probably the different weight, different wing shape and handle size works better for him.  I have a very strong preference for Viscaria, and frankly every other ALC blade that Butterfly has made (and I have tried all of them).  Anyway, as always, if money is an issue, it is best to try before you buy if possible.  More difficult with Blue Dragon blade because it has never really caught on and maybe not many of your club mates have one.
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2014 at 3:41am
I have a Viscaria, a ZJK Blue Dragon and a bunch of other blades (Xiom Zetro Quad, Joola Rossi Emotion, Clipper CR WRB...), and I have played with a few more than that.

It is difficult if not impossible to compare two blades with such a small sample (i.e. one of each), so I am not going to do that. So I can't tell you whether the ZJK is better / same as another blade.

What I can tell you is that it is a good ALC blade. It has low throw (the first blade I found that made my R7S playable), good control, good speed and good balance. It also has a good FL handle which I find comfortable.

It would be best if you could try it before you buy, as always, but it's a good blade for loopers with good control, speed and dwell, like the TBS and TB ALC are.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic