Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP: characteristic of Butterfly Cresail balde ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

HELP: characteristic of Butterfly Cresail balde ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dotha View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP: characteristic of Butterfly Cresail balde ?
    Posted: 02/09/2014 at 3:17am
Dear all,
I want to buy a butterfly Cresail. Someone knows that on this blade there is a black metal tag or not.
I saw on the internet, there is one model with black metal tag and one no tag.
what is
the difference ?
The Cresail without logo is a real blade or 1 false ?
Many thanks for your help
Do
Sponsored Links

Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2014 at 3:08am
Hi,
Cresails were mostly made with old black metal tag at the end of the handle. The ones from the first series that are missing the Serial number on the head I think have no nailed black tag. I do not think that there are faked Cresails on the market since the Cresail is discontinued since a long time. The Cresail is similar to the Butterfly Mazunov OFF+, but has much more control and more feeling, but it is very stiff.
The Cresail is still used by many professional players, it is a very good but also a very fast blade.
There are even Cresail models without a lense, these were made for Romanias` national team.
I also saw Cresails with silver tag and without lense, but this must have been a private order placed at Butterfly....Kreanga used a Cresail in the Past, Crisan i think still uses it....

Edited by Timo1978 - 02/10/2014 at 3:34am
dotha View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2014 at 4:30am
Hi Timo1978,
Thank you for your help,
attached a photo of the Cresail blade that I want to buy, it does not have black tag, but just three Japanese letters:
 http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/edwardnovac/media/069.jpg.html?sort=3&o=83

For you, it's a real
model.
Best regards
Do
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2014 at 4:50am
The Three letters in phonetic language mean: Ta-Ma-Su   Looks like a first series Cresail to me.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2014 at 5:48am
Is this blade really from the first series?

Edited by Magic_M - 02/10/2014 at 5:58am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2014 at 5:54am
I have a little problem with these blades, because I can't believe, that they are all original. A bunch of Cresail were sold by the same person. I also bought two, when he started, to offer them. He told me, that someone from his club has a few of them, but within the last months he sold at least 30-40 of these blades here and on other places and all these blades were new and boxed !!!

I don't think, that this is "normal". Over many years, there were only a few Cresail-offers, and now someone finds so many blades? A former shop-owner would have offered also other blades and not only the Cresail. And no player in the hole world would own so much (NEW) Cresail.

Don't understand me wrong. I don't want to say, that the person, who offers them here, is a cheater. Maybe he bought them for a high price himself, but are they really original and from the first series? Or do we talk about a new (2013) version of these blades? I think, you have to pay round about 200€ for a "new" Cresail, if you order one from Butterfly. And as I know, most of the blades were sold for a higher price here in the forum. So anyone can make his own thoughts about this little "wonder".

If you are not a collector and if you want to buy it for playing, there will be no problem, because (no matter, if they are new or old) they have a good feeling, a bit too heavy, but good quality. It would be interesting, if someone owns an old and used Cresail from the beginning ob. So he could compare it with these new "old" Cresail.

dotha View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2014 at 3:09pm
Thank you Magic_M
I need advice from everyone. Please
filipo123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filipo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 3:59pm
Those are originals (first series). I had some pieces (by far not as much as MagicM mentioned) to sell from my collection, which were preserved over the years. I also have Adolescen first series and Viscaria second series as well as some Stiga Clipper blades from this time. I bought them from a guy who once had a tt-shop and kept them over the years. I kept most of the blades for my collection and did not make much of a profit with those I sold. 
However, I have recognized that they are some more Cresail blades in circulation at the moment. Some of them have black tag. Some of them don't.  

Cresail is a fine blade actually. It play like the better Mazunov models. I really like playing with it. However, I sometimes switch to my old clipper wood as well as to a older Double Fish blade. 

Edited by filipo123 - 04/22/2014 at 4:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic