FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review: ZJK T5000

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: ZJK T5000
    Posted: 02/17/2014 at 3:15pm
This is a mini-review of a recently purchased Butterfly Zhang Jike T5000 (FL, 89g) from Chong (Razortt) of Fastpaddle for my wife as her Valentines' present, since the handle is purple which is my wife's favorite color.  Glued two brand new sheets of Tibhar MX-P on the forehand and Bluefire M1 on the backhand.  While I should have changed the rubbers to the opposite side, my wife (~800-900) had a fantastic time with the tamca blade.  She doesn't play points nor games, but just to rally both forehand and backhand.

The ZJK has an enlarged handle, about the same size as the Viscaria handle if I remember correctly.  The composition is the same as my Timo Boll T5000, the only difference being handle design and the 4 grams of difference.

Forehand drives: She switched to the M1 on forehand.  Very fast for forehand driving, makes drives very effortless, and the ball catapults right off the paddle.

Forehand blocks: because of the relative hardness of the rubber, my wife stood back about 2ft from the table, and every oncoming fast loops were blocked very easily.

Backhand drives: MX-P on the backhand is very good for a good, fast, and well-controlled rubber that produces good spin.  She owns the Violin and the Kreanga Carbon, but after switched to the ZJK T5000, I noticed her backhand drives and flicks got better and better.  I was very impressed with not only the improvement of her strokes given that she hasn't picked up her paddle in more than half a year, but also how well the ball traveled, not insanely fast, but good speed for an intermediate player to hit back and forth.

Backhand blocks: effortless for blocking against both forehand cross-court and backhand loops. 

Since my wife doesn't have much experience with looping, I will test out the looping ability of this blade.  Overall, both of us are extremely satisfied with the purchase, and the performance of the ZJK T5000.
Sponsored Links

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2014 at 3:21pm
TB t5000 had a mindblowing feel.... and was great for loops, drives, hits, blocks, lobs ... and okay for pushes (little bouncy). So i'm not surprised.

Btw is she playing mx-p max or 2.0 on bh?

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Glued two brand new sheets of Tibhar MX-P on the forehand and Bluefire M1 on the backhand.

you glued 2 sheets on forehand??? how is it?
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2014 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Glued two brand new sheets of Tibhar MX-P on the forehand and Bluefire M1 on the backhand.

you glued 2 sheets on forehand??? how is it?

oh hahaLOL  One brand new sheet for each side!  Wink
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2014 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

TB t5000 had a mindblowing feel.... and was great for loops, drives, hits, blocks, lobs ... and okay for pushes (little bouncy). So i'm not surprised.

The rubbers were originally purchased for my use only, I only use MAX.  But since these are the only ones I have that are brand new, she gets these.  The Max at MX-P is between 2.1-2.2mm thick per the packaging, and the M1 is MAX. 

Both of us just love the carbon blades, not too thick and not too thin.  And the carbon layers are just perfect for producing great offensive shots.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2014 at 6:03pm
" I was very impressed with not only the improvement of her strokes given that she hasn't picked up her paddle in more than half a year"

liulin,  I hope she did not stopped practicing for half a year because of a lack of interest, otherwise getting her the blade for Valentines' will be like giving her a power tool for Xmas.  no offense intended.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2014 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

" I was very impressed with not only the improvement of her strokes given that she hasn't picked up her paddle in more than half a year"

liulin,  I hope she did not stopped practicing for half a year because of a lack of interest, otherwise getting her the blade for Valentines' will be like giving her a power tool for Xmas.  no offense intended.

Actually my wife did stop practicing/playing for well more than half a year.  Not because of a lack of interest, but because she is very busy tending to her other hobbies and interests.  Rarely does she accompany me to practice at the club now. Smile
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2014 at 5:34pm
He let me try the blade (my hands were cleanSmile).  Fast, requires little effort. lol, I don't know what else to say.  Plays well with the Donic Bluefire and Tibhar Evolution.  

Edit:  You do have to become aware of how much power you are adding on the ball. 

Edited by O! Ju Qian - 02/18/2014 at 5:38pm
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2014 at 5:20am

I also like TB T5000, I would say more than ZJK T5000 due to slightly increased thickness. 
I think TB T5000 is the closest to the legendary Primorac Carbon that is discontinued from the Japanese factory!
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

I also like TB T5000, I would say more than ZJK T5000 due to slightly increased thickness. 
I think TB T5000 is the closest to the legendary Primorac Carbon that is discontinued from the Japanese factory!

I actually think PC is still not as fast as the T5, considering PC is thicker too.  But the hinoki outer ply of the PC reduced a bit of the built in speed
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 12:19am
I went to a table tennis equipment store and held the TM T5000 vs ZJK T5000 immediately I noticed the top layer veneers were different: TM looked very white as koto and the ZJK's veneer looks like limba.  Strangely per Butterfly's website, both racket has the same value on the Reaction(12.6) & Vibration (11.3) both have same thickness of 5.5mm.  ZJK's has thicker handle results in slightly heavier overall blade.
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 5:03am

How is it compared to TB ALC and Schlager Carbon?
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

What was the main difference in TB and ZJK T5000 other than the handle?
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 9:37pm
I bought a ZJK T5000 from Japan, ST handle, a few years ago, when Japan would still ship here. I still have it, as good as brand new, because my hands dont sweat. I don't know why, but I can't play with any T5000 blades, and i owned a few a of them. The ball does not fly with trajectory that is intuitive for me. It's something different from all other blades. Its fast and no vibration and great control and great build quality - should be amazing blade - but not for me. I never sold it though, because i think its possible one day i improve or change my game or something and all of a sudden i will like it. So far I bought 4 ZJK blades, and despite me being ZJK's biggest fan, i haven't liked one of them, including the Zuper ZLC. There is always something. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 9:45pm
I always thought playing with T5000 blades was like playing with a piece of glass, but I have only tried one from the Timo Boll series.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 10:42pm
The only T5000 material blade I have ever been able to play with is a Gergely. I did play reasonably well with the Boll and Innerforce T5000 but my forehand inadequacies usually showed up. They both made my backhand amazing.   I suspect the Sardius might be viable with practice.   I have the Garaydia T5000 but it is just going to be part of my Garaydia collection.

Edited by NextLevel - 12/08/2017 at 10:42pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2017 at 6:08am
I am not sure if the ZJK T5000 is the same as the TB T5000 or not, but I like my TB very much, very good control for a fast blade.
yuri.saldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuri.saldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2017 at 6:19am
I've tested a friends innerforce t5000 with t05 both sides and felt surprising good, enough speed spin, every shot was great. It was weird because I hate just carbon blades, bit like a lot ALC
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2017 at 9:32am
Beware of pure tests, playing in a match you get to feel the Innerforce non-linear behavior more and have to deal with it. Which is not a problem since I almost always spin my backhand but becomes an issue when I drive my forehand.
Cybershape Carbon
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2017 at 10:28am
A couple of players in my club use Primorac Carbon (T5000 too), and they can loop with very spinny balls. I feel that they have very fast brush action when contacting the ball.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2017 at 10:47am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

A couple of players in my club use Primorac Carbon (T5000 too), and they can loop with very spinny balls. I feel that they have very fast brush action when contacting the ball.

Yes, it is how you usually loop with hinoki/cypress.
Cybershape Carbon
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2018 at 2:14am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

I am not sure if the ZJK T5000 is the same as the TB T5000 or not, but I like my TB very much, very good control for a fast blade.

ZJK T5000 has limba outer layer vs TB T5000's coto layer is the main difference other than the handle thickness (ZJK thicker)
ZJK ALC, MJ SZLC, Viscaria
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic