Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Fastest and most disruptive short pips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
macpoddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macpoddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 1:02am
but 563 is not fast compared to short pips. also since i play with a slow paddle it wont work out. 
Sponsored Links

dsc13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsc13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 2:08am
Andro Hexer Pips Plus is quite disruptive, but I found them to be a bit slow.   The balls I played were so unexpected that some of my playing partners thought the Hexer Pips Plus played more like a medium pips.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Avallo Avallo wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by Avallo Avallo wrote:

TSP Tryanno

you need  to play with a stiff OFF blade or  you will set off the disruptive properties,anyway tyrano doenst last, pips breaking sooner  than expected

He loves play fast.. So he should be off player...
I don't know about yours but my customers never complain... How long your expectation? 1 year? 2 year?

regarding tyrano my friend got a sheet in tokyo and gave it to me and pips broke after month and a half  and a dude that bought tyrano in a nearby store online had the same problem, had the same problem with flare2

OTOH  i ve been told that victas 101  is the tensor version of spectol speed  and its very disturbing

Edited by bbkon - 02/28/2014 at 2:16am
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 9:32pm
Why not good old regular Spectol? Still available. Takes some time to learn to play with... and against!
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

Why not good old regular Spectol? Still available. Takes some time to learn to play with... and against!

I was about to say! 

Why are we not hearing Spectol.

Spectol 21 is very disruptive in the right hands. There's a reason it was so popular with good players. I know there are plenty of really good ones out there, but especially now that you can get spectol or spectol 21 for $25 at ttnpp. If my game weren't so dependent on spinning up on my BH now I'd switch back to SP like I used to do a few years back because you can get it cheap again. 

tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by macpoddy macpoddy wrote:

but 563 is not fast compared to short pips. also since i play with a slow paddle it wont work out. 
I don't think 563 is that special but if you want faster then get the 563 top sheet and a faster sponge.
I repeat, Giant Dragon 612 Turbo a good option if you are willing to take the time to learn to master it.  I have 1.8mm.  It is relatively fast.  I thought it was too fast for a OFF- but seems to work OK on a ALL blade.

I think the term 'disruptive' is bogus.  There is no 'disruptive' force but some pips will have more or less grip than others.  GD 612 T often plays like LP.  GD 612 T often provides a lot of  spin reversal.

Edited by tt4me - 02/28/2014 at 9:57pm
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 11:56pm
802-1 is more deceptive, it will sometimes areoffer some reversal when used against someone who has some power, 563 and 802 don't, they give dead balls. More expensive option are things like spectol.

While 563 wont give natural reversal its still a very capable rubber and the gold class of hitting medium pips

Edited by bluebucket - 03/01/2014 at 12:04am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 12:02pm

spectol was designed for speed glue and players that used to play with spectol now they dont play with it anymore
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 4:30pm
Believe me, Spectol (ca 1.8 mm) on a 90 g Juic SB Alpha can be plenty fast without speed glue.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

spectol was designed for speed glue and players that used to play with spectol now they dont play with it anymore

This is nonsense.
spectol predates speed glue
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 5:10pm
spectol is not that disruptive.
if your plan is to win points by the disruption of spectol you probably won't have much success.

short pips in general are not made to win points by disruption but more by successive blocks or hits playing very close to the table.

if you want serious disruption try long pips.
the only short pips I've seen that have significant disruption and could win points only with that characteristic are dhs 651 and 652, and this is still questionable, some players have no problems against them.

check for example mu zi who is playing these days chinese competitions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YjB5XNnjWwc

you can see that she barely wins any point just because of the pips and when she does it's after many hits from the "inverted" player.

Edited by puppy412 - 03/01/2014 at 5:25pm
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by tt4me tt4me wrote:

Originally posted by macpoddy macpoddy wrote:

I don't think 563 is that special but if you want faster then get the 563 top sheet and a faster sponge.
I repeat, Giant Dragon 612 Turbo a good option if you are willing to take the time to learn to master it.  I have 1.8mm.  It is relatively fast.  I thought it was too fast for a OFF- but seems to work OK on a ALL blade.

I think the term 'disruptive' is bogus.  There is no 'disruptive' force but some pips will have more or less grip than others.  GD 612 T often plays like LP.  GD 612 T often provides a lot of  spin reversal.

I don't think anything is as weird as turbo 612. I played with them in 1.8 and 2.0 and they are very hard to master. I played with them on my fh, but think they might be better on bh. The strong sinking ball they create when you hit with them is amaxing, but only if you can master them.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 7:12pm
Sounds like giant dragon 612 is like other less grippy medium pips. They aren't used as commonly as 563 because they are difficult to use. Anyway neither are a true short pip
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 9:59pm
Yeah it was so difficult to attack underspin with 612 because they didn't grip the ball.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

Yeah it was so difficult to attack underspin with 612 because they didn't grip the ball.

i always thot it was easier to hit through underspin if the rubber has less grip?
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 10:49pm
You need some grip to be able to hit the ball straight. Really slipperly pips are difficult to shoot off the blade straight at least when hitting with pace. The 802 and even more so 802-1 in shorts and 563 in mediums are at the ease of use limit for this. Alot of mediums get very heavy sink compared to 563 but arent as good, 563 is top level gear
Brahms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brahms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2018 at 4:08pm
Hello there,

If you are looking for alternatives soft since the pball I'm quite happy with the Yinhe Pluto 1.5mm on my backhand. I play with TSP balsa 5.5 and the balance between attack and defense is quite good.

The rubber is quite tough and disruptive for the opponents.
You can actually hit like a soft as the blade is not slow and also chop far away from the table so it's not boring kind of play.

I did play for a while with the TSP Superspin pips chop II but despite providing an excellent control and underspin quality it's definitely not enough deceptive for my level and patience.

Hope it's helps.

Brahms
Blade : Aero off+ soft carbon

FH : Tuttle 888 Extraterrestrial 2.2mm
BH : Dr Neubauer Killer Pro 1.8mm
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2018 at 4:18pm
Hammond FA Speed.

It's faster than a Speed glued spectol and trickier, too

Edited by ChichoFicho - 12/18/2018 at 4:20pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2018 at 1:54am
I recommend old tensor hard sponge combine to horizontal big pips. Get the max sponge then boost it with thin booster or speed glue. As some pros I know, boosted original 2mm Spectol on BH and max TSP Warrant or Tyrano on FH.

There are not much different on speed among pips but the accuracy and consistency are the main factor: they limit the speed as if you hit harder you can't control the ball.

There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2018 at 9:35am
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

I recommend old tensor hard sponge combine to horizontal big pips. Get the max sponge then boost it with thin booster or speed glue. As some pros I know, boosted original 2mm Spectol on BH and max TSP Warrant or Tyrano on FH.

There are not much different on speed among pips but the accuracy and consistency are the main factor: they limit the speed as if you hit harder you can't control the ball.

What other pips have you seen in top players specially cpens?
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

HZW used 802 with special sponge.
LGL used Stiga Clippa (with un-known sponge)

Falco is not a booster
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2018 at 4:34pm

I meant in your city
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2018 at 4:55pm

I meant in your city

top player in my State uses Spectol 21 on bh
Blowfish+ on his fh.
however he is shakehander
Falco is not a booster
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2018 at 7:32pm

I meant in your city

Blowfish+ on his fh.

No SP Cpens?
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2018 at 8:42pm

I meant in your city

Blowfish+ on his fh.

No SP Cpens?

Yes there is but actually not "top" player.
One old Chinese man has National Veteran silver medal in his age. He is using Spinlord Warran on his ZLC blade.
Falco is not a booster
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2018 at 3:30pm
I have tried the new Dr. N. Pistol 2, played similar shots to my Spinlord Keiler, except with less disruptive affects.  Maybe a little faster than the Keiler, but my opponents, which I practice with regularly, didn't seem to have many issues with returning the ball.  It mostly depends on which side of the equation you want to play on, the side with more control or disruptive effect. 

I find the Keiler fast enough in 1.5 - 1.8 and still able to disrupt play, what it requires is active strokes, not passive, if you want to use deception.

Pistol 2 worked better in a more direct hitting game, with a little deception thrown in.  Not a bad rubber, but it would make me work harder against most opponents.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
alexuganski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2018 at 4:13pm
How fast is Spectol Blue vs Spectol, Waran, Blowfish+, etc?

Has anyone tried Hexer Pips Force? What is the speed, spin, disruption, sponge hardness of that rubber?
Harimoto Innerforce ALC
FH: Dr Neubauer Killer Extreme 2.2
BH: Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1

Embrace the Dark Side.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2018 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by alexuganski alexuganski wrote:

How fast is Spectol Blue vs Spectol, Waran, Blowfish+, etc?

Has anyone tried Hexer Pips Force? What is the speed, spin, disruption, sponge hardness of that rubber?

Blue is faster just for advanced players only disruption for active strokes
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2018 at 8:28pm
There are 3 kinds of short pips spin, speed and mix. I have listed a few in each category:

Spin
- nittako Moristo SP
- Raystorm
- Spectol blue

Speed
- Spectol and Spectol speed
- Spectol Blue
- Blowfish+

Mix
- Joola tango Ultra
- Victas 102
- Blowfish

For the 'Fastest and most disruptive short pips' you are looking for the speed type. The speed type gives you speed and thus the 'deception' you desire. Should just go for spectol as it has proven to be reliable throughout the years.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by bokai bokai wrote:

There are 3 kinds of short pips spin, speed and mix. I have listed a few in each category:

Spin
- nittako Moristo SP
- Raystorm
- Spectol blue

Speed
- Spectol and Spectol speed
- Spectol Blue
- Blowfish+

Mix
- Joola tango Ultra
- Victas 102
- Blowfish

For the 'Fastest and most disruptive short pips' you are looking for the speed type. The speed type gives you speed and thus the 'deception' you desire. Should just go for spectol as it has proven to be reliable throughout the years.

I need to know what pips have better disturbance/ control spin Ratio. Blue its a strong candidate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic