Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Victas rubbers: 402-Limber, 402 Double Extra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New Victas rubbers: 402-Limber, 402 Double Extra

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Victas rubbers: 402-Limber, 402 Double Extra
    Posted: 02/28/2014 at 9:08am
Sponsored Links

NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 7:06pm
Has anyone tried any of these rubbers yet?

Are these mostly developed for both defense and offense? Or is it suitable for all out offense?

Edited by NBSR - 09/29/2014 at 7:10pm
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 8:02pm
I'm guessing they will be similar to BWII, Vega China, Tau, Spin Art, Thors and stuff like mildly tacky tensors. I bought a sheet, but I haven't tried it yet.

Am I correct?
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 8:27pm
fortunately haggisv sent me 2 of these rubbers and i got them yesterday. i will test them out today
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 11:06pm
this is really old - but there has not been a conclusion... how do the Victas Rubbers play? I heard they are very good with the plastic ball - comparable to MX-S. They are also good with the old ball.... does anyone have experiences to share?

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 11:11pm
I have a vs 401 in 1.5mm for 18$ if anyone is interested.

I didn't use it myself but yeah the topsheet does appear to be tacky. Not h3 tacky but tacky in terms of esn breeds.
The sponge has a distinct look imo. Creamy like certain chinese brands but up close its different.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 11:12pm
I have Vs>401 in 1.8 mm on VKM blade - got it for chopping mostly. It's very spinny and chops quite well, especially on defensive blade, I think. You could feel that it produced plenty of spin on pushes and slow loops. 

Set it aside for the moment since I decided not to chop on FH for now.
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2019 at 7:22am
Could anyone kindly compare the V15 Limber and the VS402 Limber?
I would like to know about the difference especially in speed and catapult behavior.

I've tried a VS402 DE on a friend's blade. And felt that it was similar to a Xiom OVA. The speed is there if you hit hard. But generally it gets too tiring for me. Right now, I'm shifting more to softer rubbers as I feel more confident, with the increased control.

The V15 Limber is something I've got used to. My stroke is more of a slower brushing stroke, rather than a short fast drive with quick arm action. On single sided Cpen, after a quick transition from TPH block to FH for the loopkill, I wished the V15 Limber better for brush looping. Sometimes it bites too much on a hard return shot. But I do generally like the speed of the V15 Limber. Digressing, I liked the FXS too, but it lacked speed for me.

I am hoping the VS402L to have at least the same speed with the V15 Limber. (VS402L is rated higher speed on the Victas catalogue?) And hopefully slightly better for someone with a brush looping stroke. But if its speed and catapult is similar to its DE variant. I will stick to the V15L. Then again I read from reviews that VS402L is bouncier and faster than the DE version? I'm confused!

Kindly help me out here! Smile
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2019 at 2:31pm
is vs 402 limber rated fast in the Victas catalouge? LOL
I use vs402 limber specifically because: it’s relativly slow, with good spin and control. It’s nowhere near the V15 limber in speed.... if speed is what you want. I would rather have chosen Rozena.
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2019 at 2:49pm
Hey Henning. Thank you so much! That's what I needed to know exactly! And yes, VS402L is listed with speed 8.9 while the V15L as speed 8.4. 

I had my doubts as I felt the V15 Extra was much faster than the VS402 DE as well. (DE is listed faster than the Extra too)

I've tried Rozena before. It's a good all round offense rubber. But I do prefer the T05FX. Generally I've gotten more used to the ESN "direct" feel. 

The V15 also has the spin insensitivy, and that elastic while resistant top sheet feeling too. Looks like I'll stick to the V15L. 
Cheers! Clap

Edited by Chewy - 05/15/2019 at 2:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic