FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Buy and Sell > For sale

Updates to rules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updates to rules
    Posted: 03/04/2014 at 12:23pm
Hi everyone.  There are some updates to the rules section that you may wish to see.  They address some issues that have emerged in the last few months.

I especially call your attention to rules 3, 8, 9, and 10 (which include edits, clarifications, and/or are completely new).

The rules are found in the first stickied post in this section or click here:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10353&title=rules-for-buy-and-sell-section
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 12:37am
I want to remind people to not open more than one thread to sell the same piece of equipment.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I want to remind people to not open more than one thread to sell the same piece of equipment.
I don't get it too..May be they do not know they can BUMP the thread once in a while but it's very annoying too see them bumping their threads too often. I strongly recommend sellers to CONSOLIDATE their selling posts into one. It's IMHO good Housekeeping work/habit.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 4:25pm
When I started as For Sale mod I recommended for people to consolidate their threads but in time realized that it was impossible to police, and also the one thread/blade idea had some advantages for people searching for one thing in particular.

But I draw the line when people try to have more than one thread for the SAME thing. 

I am still trying to get people to post pictures on the thread (or links to pictures) instead of using the "PM me for photos" trick that some people have used in the past, and which makes it impossible for the community here to identify fake stuff. 
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 4:57pm

I am still trying to get people to post pictures on the thread (or links to pictures) instead of using the "PM me for photos" trick that some people have used in the past, and which makes it impossible for the community here to identify fake stuff. 

So, is it a requirement or a strong suggestion?
Hayabusa Zi ST 82/84g / EL-P 2.1
Any other vegans on the forum?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 8:14pm
Requirement.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 8:09am
Please realize that "new" and "like new" are not the same thing and use those terms appropriately. If there is glue residue it is not new.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 11:50am

Requirement.

Thanks for the clarification. I realized the verbage could be construed to read as not required.

It light of that, some current FS threads need the ax. Enough of the lame excuses from people who "don't have time". If someone has the time to bump their thread, respond to pm's, ship blades, etc., then they have time to follow the rules.
Hayabusa Zi ST 82/84g / EL-P 2.1
Any other vegans on the forum?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2016 at 2:50pm
For a trial period I will allow members to comment on price in For Sale threads.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic