Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review: DHS Hurricane 3-50

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 5:48pm
LOL. Don't like it already, sponge too soft for my taste combined with sticky sponge.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Sponsored Links

el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 4:18am
I tried this rubber today. I bought it used and it had about 36 layers of rubber cement on the sponge.

It literally took me two days and over a dozen applications of wd 40 and paint thinner alternatively to get it off.

I think some of the wd40 and paint thinner must still be in the sponge because it had an extremely loud speed glue sound- Im very protective of my hearing and this rubber is SO loud that it has me a little worried.

the sound is beautiful and intoxicating but loud and calls attention of everyone in the club when you are hitting the ball hard.
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by el luchador el luchador wrote:

I tried this rubber today. I bought it used and it had about 36 layers of rubber cement on the sponge.

It literally took me two days and over a dozen applications of wd 40 and paint thinner alternatively to get it off.

I think some of the wd40 and paint thinner must still be in the sponge because it had an extremely loud speed glue sound- Im very protective of my hearing and this rubber is SO loud that it has me a little worried.

the sound is beautiful and intoxicating but loud and calls attention of everyone in the club when you are hitting the ball hard.

You mixed those? I'm surprised you don't have a headache and much worse! Watch out when you mix chemicals designed for different applications.

As far as the speed glue sound - here's part of the why - the main ingredient in WD-40 is Naptha - lighter fluid - it's what old school speed gluers would use reactivate the glue layers on a rubber sheet.

What it likely did was break down (it's a solvent) the rubber cement and fill the bubbles in your sponge with the resulting gasses.

Hence the same speed glue pop-effect. Because you were chemically following the same method as speed gluing.

The thinners may have been loaded with VOC's as well.

Edited by icontek - 03/11/2018 at 8:31pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

You mixed those? I'm surprised you don't have a headache and much worse! Watch out when you mix chemicals designed for different applications.

As far as the speed glue sound - here's part of the why - the main ingredient in WD-40 is Naptha - lighter fluid - it's what old school speed gluers would use reactivate the glue layers on a rubber sheet.

What it likely did was break down (it's a solvent) the rubber cement and fill the bubbles in your sponge with the resulting gasses.

Hence the same speed glue pop-effect. Because you were chemically following the same method as speed gluing.

The thinners may have been loaded with VOC's as well.

from my karting experience Im used to mixing all types of VOCs. as a recreational player they are legal and I make sure I do it safely.

Ive used wd40 and VOCs on my rubbers. they all have the speed glue sound but none has ever been as loud as this 3-50. apparently it has that tone even when not boosted.

wd40 works as a booster but you wont be able to glue the sheet down as it leave an oily residue. kerosene works better in that regard.

Edited by el luchador - 03/11/2018 at 8:43pm
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic