Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review: DHS Hurricane 3-50

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 12:33am
In terms of setup, clipper CR is interesting because you have to open that blade up quite a bit and hit on the flatter side.  This is good for me I'm finding.  Having to either close the paddle with 05-fx, or hit more compact was cramping me on the backhand.  With clipper CR I can open up the paddle and hit flat on both sides.

My wish list:

DHS should add 1 or 2 degrees hardness for black
Cmon guys, no orange sponge on the forehand?
Black topsheet looks a little milky on both sheets I tried, red topsheet got marked up easily
Release h8 asap
Sponsored Links

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 12:41am
BTW, is black 3-50 lighter than the red one?
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 5:44am
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

In terms of setup, clipper CR is interesting because you have to open that blade up quite a bit and hit on the flatter side.  This is good for me I'm finding.  Having to either close the paddle with 05-fx, or hit more compact was cramping me on the backhand.  With clipper CR I can open up the paddle and hit flat on both sides.

My wish list:

DHS should add 1 or 2 degrees hardness for black
Cmon guys, no orange sponge on the forehand?
Black topsheet looks a little milky on both sheets I tried, red topsheet got marked up easily
Release h8 asap

Hi Chronos, excellent review.
Two questions:

-Do you feel that the red one is harder than the black one?.
-Which one is tackier?.

Thanks
rusttt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 7:37am
I played with black H3-50 on FH of my Vega Pro blade yesterday. I found it much easier to play with than the H2 it replaced. Immediate strengths were serves, pushes and opening loops. It has a higher throw and is a bit bouncier than H2. I made far fewer errors looping back spin which was a real problem for me with H2. I'm going to do a few more days on FH then try it on BH, but so far I like it.
runeazn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runeazn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 12:45pm
Any1 have any idea why the chinese tt shops arent stocking h3-50 yet?
Blade: Virtuoso

Red: xiom Japan
Black: Nittaku DHS H3
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 12:09am
updates:

did more multi-ball with H3-50 on both sides then played ~2hrs of games.

H3-50 is really not viable as a backhand rubber. Unless you stay close to the table at all times. This is because when you get into a countering rally at mid-distance, you need to use so much power to generate enough speed/spin to make it a reasonable shot from the backhand at 5-7ft away from the table 

Forehand, it's great. Spinny and very controllable on flicks, short game is amazing, and serves are deadly.
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 11:57am

I have been playing for a few sessions with Schen’s used H3-50 on my backhand with Infinity VPS even tho it was cut in forehand shape.  Hardness is not as soft as advertised; I was expecting it to be TinArc’s range, but it's in the Hurricane series’ hardness.  Maybe because it was tuned & the sponge got harder?  Anyways, this rubber is quite bouncy but not like newer tensors.  It’s very similar to Thor, but a bit slower.  It’s great in opening game, and blocking is fairly easy once adjusted to the throw.  Despite the bounciness, I really have to swing hard to get the ball over in 3-5ft back (mid distance?)…the upside to this is that it’s very spinny.  It does required active strokes to get the best results on my RPB, and I assume it’s great at counter loops close to table on forehand.  The sound is very enticing as mentioned by Schen, almost like Stiga Calibra…loud.  I’ll probably eventually open up the new sheet and put it on my forehand to play with sometime down the line.  I will say that this rubber is the cheapest out of the tacky & dynamic sponges family, e.g. Thor, Tau, Spinart, Grip-S…    

My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 5:49pm
Do you consider it slower than Grip-s? I was really happy with grip S europe and im planning to go back to chinese rubbers once again.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Do you consider it slower than Grip-s? I was really happy with grip S europe and im planning to go back to chinese rubbers once again.

I'd say yes - slower. Grip-S was pre-tuned, IIRC? H3-50 is much steadier, slower overall.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 8:35am
That's what i have expected. Maybe once heavily tuned it'll be fast
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2014 at 9:42pm
Just try my new H3-50 tonight with PB, my said 37 degree 2.10 mm , I tune it with 2 layer of WBG and 2 layer of Daichi , its not slow at all, great feel, super spiny on slow loop and if you drive the ball its fast with almost no bounce , it also has great control !!! Been looking for something like this ..
channyboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channyboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 4:58am
Originally posted by runeazn runeazn wrote:

The whole H3 topsheet with a springer sponge is a gimmick to other countries in my opinion. It isn't a problem with the H3 Neo if many westerners complain it being too dead and slow while there are kids in China that can out power basement players here that use tenergy.

Basement player sees Ma Long use H3 Neo, tries it, says it's crap, switches to tenergy so the rubber can do everything for them. DHS offers H3 with a springy sponge= profit.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 5:02am
If you have to spend $60 for Dianchi, there is hardly any profit from using H3-50.
el gato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el gato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 11:58am
How we compare  the Dhs H3-50 with huricane 3 neo provincial in term of speed and spin ?
rusttt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by el gato el gato wrote:

How we compare  the Dhs H3-50 with huricane 3 neo provincial in term of speed and spin ?

Hi El Gato, my $.02 is that h3-50 is better on lower speed play like serves, flicks and pushes where the softer sponge engages better. All the power shots are better with Neo in my opinion. I think they're both decent rubbers, it just depends what part of your game needs the most help.
el gato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el gato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 7:17pm
I like provincial but i am afraid that h3 -50 is significant slower in terms of speed.
panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 7:30pm
i will training with this rubber monday ...

i will say u my feeling...

in france im not bad player

i usually play with h3 néo 40 orange sponge with 5 layers booster...

now i have glued h3 50 with only 4 layers booster because sponge already more soft then im afraid rubber will become more soft and slowly 

i will say u after monday :)

panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 9:40am
i will continu play with this rubber
good rubber maybe for me i would try find h3 50 but hardness 38...

but for top spin is very good :)
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by channyboi channyboi wrote:

Originally posted by runeazn runeazn wrote:

The whole H3 topsheet with a springer sponge is a gimmick to other countries in my opinion. It isn't a problem with the H3 Neo if many westerners complain it being too dead and slow while there are kids in China that can out power basement players here that use tenergy.

Basement player sees Ma Long use H3 Neo, tries it, says it's crap, switches to tenergy so the rubber can do everything for them. DHS offers H3 with a springy sponge= profit.

I've used H3 Neo for about 5 years and I love it.  I don't think h3 #50 is a gimmick.  Your post doesn't add anything to the discussion.
el gato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el gato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by panany panany wrote:

i will continu play with this rubber
good rubber maybe for me i would try find h3 50 but hardness 38...

but for top spin is very good :)

thanks papany.
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 4:16pm
did anyone try that nittaku red sticker h3 that we were talking about earlier in this thread?
panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 4:31pm
and one thing very important ...
with h3 neo after use oil first time glued always i dont feel rubber so good must glued yes with booster ...
but with this 1st time already good :)

now i wait for see how much days rubber will be good ( i often broke h3 neo push on rubber )
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 4:39pm
you guys are so lucky, my package is still stuck at USPS after 2 weeks+

I could have order from schen and still faster to wait for the lazy people from the postal officeThumbs Down
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

you guys are so lucky, my package is still stuck at USPS after 2 weeks+

I could have order from schen and still faster to wait for the lazy people from the postal officeThumbs Down

Man...that sucks....that shouldnt be.  I wonder if its damaged, or they are holding back more than your package in a group of stuff?   

I ordered something from tt24 and it was shipped on 4-16 and it arrived in NY customs on 4-20 as you can see here.    Does your tracking show it still at ISC in NY like mine?  Im in MI.  

qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:38am

It is already passed the custom and sorting at NY, but now it's again stuck in the sort facility at the state of Illinois before it arrives to my local post office
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 1:18am
Seems that the outward USPS works much faster. A big parcel with two Prince Warrior rackets has been posted on Apr 9 in New Providence, NJ, and delivered to me on Apr 16 in Sofia, BG.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 11:21am
Imago: that's very quick, I think the inbound custom, sorting and local delivery within the US are horribly below standard
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 7:28pm
qualizon...did you get your rubber yet?     My package is still sitting at ISC in NY still since Sunday....must be something going on .   I have never had a package being held so long there after many orders from Europe and Asia.     bummer
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 7:34pm
yup, finally got it yesterday after two and a half week. But the tracking system didn't even get updated.

thumbs down to USPS.

Edited by qualizon - 04/24/2014 at 7:35pm
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
a1exander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1exander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 1:39am
I'm playing with H3-50 same days and still don't sure about it. My level not high. In my opinion h3-50 more like tenegry with different top sheet and not like NEO H3. I like block, short game and first top spin with it, but i don't like it for FH. I can't do "chinese" top spin through the ball, maybe my technique not ideal but it really bouncy for me. With H3NEO I don't have the same problem. 
In pros - good control, good spin. I'm trying used it for bh but maybe it need one more tuning layer to be really good for bh. I put one layer falco long on it.

Edited by a1exander - 04/25/2014 at 3:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic