Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS Hurricane 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
runeazn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runeazn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS Hurricane 8
    Posted: 04/10/2014 at 9:58am
Do we have any release date or anything about this rubber?
I do know the H3-50 has been released, but what about the H8?
Blade: Virtuoso

Red: xiom Japan
Black: Nittaku DHS H3
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 4:29am
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Johnny1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 6:20am

it is in sales in china before for both market version and national team version.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 6:50am
Originally posted by Johnny1996 Johnny1996 wrote:

it is in sales in china before for both market version and national team version.

Maybe, but this is the first time I've seen it listed on any of the big, trustworthy international TT webstores.

Any reports on how it plays? What it looks like?
Vardant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vardant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 6:51am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

It has arrived:

http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3974

$46 though...
I was planning on ordering it as soon as it was available, but with that price, I'd rather wait for a review. 

H3-50 wasn't exactly a hit.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Vardant Vardant wrote:

It has arrived:

http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3974

$46 though...
I was planning on ordering it as soon as it was available, but with that price, I'd rather wait for a review. 

H3-50 wasn't exactly a hit.

It would be an expensive experiment for a Hurricane type rubber. I crave information!!!!

I liked H3-50 a lot, but I have to admit that I don't know who it's aimed at. H3 users probably feel that it's a downgrade, and eurojap users would be concerned about its speed. I'd rather use H3-50 over H3N, but that's just me. And I'd rather use Big Dipper over both of them now.
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 7:28am
Reviews please!!!
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 11:02am
Tinarc 1 in my opinion was really nice. The Tinarc 3 is what was bad I think, but that's the sponge that seemed to stick with them for some reason. Hopefully H8 is a new good sponge and not another TA rebadge. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 11:27am

Originally posted by Johnny1996 Johnny1996 wrote:

Maybe, but this is the first time I've seen it listed on any of the big, trustworthy international TT webstores.

Any reports on how it plays? What it looks like?

Hurricane 8 (photos from http://guoqiuhui.net)

Edited by Johnny1996 - 10/01/2014 at 11:29am
Vardant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vardant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 11:28am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Tinarc 1 in my opinion was really nice. The Tinarc 3 is what was bad I think, but that's the sponge that seemed to stick with them for some reason. Hopefully H8 is a new good sponge and not another TA rebadge. 
Considering H3-50 is H3 on TinArc 3 sponge, then it's not very likely. Although, it could be new topsheet on TA3 sponge...let's hope not.

From what I remember though, the sponge color was different and they even mentioned, that H8 should be completely new product.

Edited by Vardant - 10/01/2014 at 11:29am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 11:30am

Hurricane 3-50 (photos from http://guoqiuhui.net)

Vardant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vardant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 12:41pm
So they're completely different. That's good.
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 7:40pm
The sponges look porous.  Don't look like the normal Chinese rubber sponges.  Can't wait to try it!!!
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 8:31pm
Guys,

Just google this word "狂飚8", which is Hurricane 8 in Chinese.  I have found the following Chinese article written probably by a dealer on their sporting good site.  But the article still offers some insights to the characteristics of the rubber.  I don't read simplify Chinese very well.  But I did a quick translation as a service to this forum... hope it works... :)

The article link is listed below:

Interestingly, the article is posted on March 20, 2014.  So perhaps this guy has access to the test batch or something or the date is incorrect.

My limited translation listed below. Hope this works...

==== 
At first glance, the H8 sponge is similar to H3 sponges in terms of density.  But it is using #25.  It is more
bouncy than #20 and #22 sponge.  Hardness is still the same as the other sponges with 39, 40, and 41 degree variations.

I am trying the 39 degree sponge with 2.15mm thickness.  The rubber uses a new bouncy particle penetration technology. My guess is that this is an improved version of the Neo sponge by injecting some kind of particles between the sponge to make it more durable.  So the durability of the sponge should be closer to H3.  Perhaps this is what DHS means by strengthening for the new 40+ ball technique.

H8 surface is still tacky, but it is between H3 and H3 Neo.  The quality of the surface is better than H3 and the top sheet is slightly thicker than H3.

On service, it still generates strong spins similar to H3.  When hitting hard, it is much more lively than the old dead H3 feel.  The feel is towards medium hard.  In short push, H8 does not generate as much strong spin as H3.

On Looping, H8 is easy to generate strong spiny loop.  Tried on Nitaku Violin, Stiga Clipper CC, Boll ALC, Rosewood 7, it is more bouncy than H3, the feel is more comfortable and keep the stronger feel of power and speed.  Whether this is drive loop or spiny high arc loop, the performance is satisfactory.  Overall, H8 offers better control over H3 in the area of looping.  However, it doesn't open the loop as easy as H3 due to H8's slightly less tacky surface.

On the other hand, H8 can borrow incoming ball speed better than H3, therefore, the speed is faster than H3.  The placement is predictable and it takes less effort to hit with during my practice.

The speed is faster than #20 and #22 sponge.  When hitting, H8 offers more solid feel.  No matter whether this is pure wood blade or fiber mixed blade, the ball can always bounce across the table.  Unlike H3, where you need to hit harder to make you feel like you are hitting the sweet spot.

During my testing, on gracing the ball, H3 is slightly better than H8.  If you use to H3 on carbon blade, but feel dead, you should try H8.  We have tried with Boll, INN, and Zhang Jike series, they all work well with H8.  So overall, H8 is better suit to be used on fiber blade than the Neo series.

During my match with H8, I adopt to the play very quickly.  So it is easy to transition to H8 from H3.

On reaction to glue, it works well with VOC free or VOC glue.  I haven't tried any booster oil.  I am still leaning towards VOC glue, the reaction to VOC glue is better. 

In conclusion, through products like this, H8 continues the tradition of the Hurricane series with speed, spin and looping capabilities without any obvious disadvantages.  The rubber offers great ball feel, control and it is worth the trial. In comparing with Butterfly and other European rubbers, H8 will challenge the Europen/Butterfly rubbers and they will have to response to this new threat.
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 8:32pm
I am big fan of Acuda S2 series.  I used to play H3 Speed glue long time ago.  So if H8 has the H3 top sheet but plays like European rubber, I am sold on this.
Vardant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vardant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2014 at 10:00am
The topsheet should be different as well.
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2014 at 7:12pm
Looks like eacheng.net is selling this, I ordered 2 sheets, we'll see if it actually ships.
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 6:26am
waiting for a review

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 10:10am
I ordered a sheet of h8 from eacheng a couple days ago, will review when it arrives!
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 5:11pm
I dont know what kind of H8 he tried but H8 is clearly tackier and spinnier than H3neo. More elastic. Just a dream to open with a topspin. But I feel it to be less secure when you hit hard the ball. The dropshots are a little more tricky because the elasticity of the topsheet and the sponge make the rubber more sensitive to the incoming spin. I don't have yet decided to keep the H8 or not, the spin is tremendous but I'm sometimes surprised by the rubber, the H3neo is more predictive.
My feeling is H8 has been made for the plastic ball. The control may then be kept just as the spin will be preserved.

Edited by gromousse - 10/04/2014 at 5:14pm
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 2:40pm
DHS H8 just increased to $56 on eacheng... Shocked
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 4:32pm
One of the biggest handicaps of h3 is the weight, how much h8 weights???
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

Looks like eacheng.net is selling this, I ordered 2 sheets, we'll see if it actually ships.

Hi chronos, we are waiting for your review Big smile
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2014 at 12:03pm
You got it guys!  I know someone who got a few sheets over the last few months who came from H3 Neo provincial and he likes it.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2015 at 5:55pm
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2015 at 6:08pm
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2015 at 6:13pm
Dan can make ANY rubber look good.  Smile
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2015 at 6:17pm
Double-post deleted.

Edited by vvk1 - 03/14/2015 at 3:51am
tianhai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tianhai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2015 at 8:55pm
I had been using H8 for nearly one month. Without boosting, the rubber is spinnier and slightly slower than H3 without boosting. At 39 degree, H8 feels softer than a H3 of the same degree. If you are currently using H3 or Skyline3, you would be able to switch to H8 immediately as it is generally a similar rubber.
After boosting, H8 is the perfectly weapon for FH.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2015 at 10:27pm
You see...when reviewing a Chinese tacky rubber, how can you leave out the third ball attack?  Fifth ball?  That's so European!
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic