FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

zeropong blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pulkitdabral View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulkitdabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zeropong blade
    Posted: 04/16/2014 at 2:00pm
I just ordered my first custom blade from zeropong.com after hearing great things about them. When i got my custom bat from them ready to play, i was really dissapointed by the final assembly of the bat. The rubber assembled on the bat was done very unprofessionally with edges not being smooth and parts of rubber cut such that lower sponge is showing. The edges are not smooth at all and frankly looks like something an amateur would have done. I am attaching a few picture to show how my bat was sent. They said a hand assembled paddle the assembly job was flawless. It would be impossible for any table tennis shop to make the paddle smoother than it is. Do folks see same things either with zeropong or other bat manufacturers?

thanks

Pulkit

Edited by pulkitdabral - 04/16/2014 at 2:08pm
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 2:06pm
I see what you are saying but I don't think it looks too bad. It appears to be tournament legal and it will not effect the way it plays. I do understand that if you pay money for a custom job it should be of a higher quality though.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulkitdabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 2:12pm
thks for responding..i am used to playing with premade bats which are impeccable in assembly(maybe not in quality). I was under assumption that is how these guys would also do it. Hence was wondering if other have seen similar things with such shops. Would you recommend i keep this?
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 2:16pm
Looks like whoever assembled it used a dull blade or is inexperienced.  I've ordered a couple rackets from them before and both looked fine.
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 2:17pm
i've seen worse......

keep it yes....else, learn to do yourself?

:)

i did see at u.s. nationals - butterfly had a mechanical one - almost like a can-opener - that did a very nice job

to do it yourself is not that difficult - next time you order equipment, order it unassembled, it can be fun and rewarding to do it yourself

Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 2:27pm
Most, If not all of their rubbers and paddles are really cheap so can't expect too much.
But if its playable use it.

its really easy to put on your own rubbers so thats what most people do.

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulkitdabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 2:28pm
thanks all for comments...i guess i will keep this and also definitely wont be trying to do it myself in the future since it will look 10 times worse(my hand skills for cutting and shaping suck!!)..this is my first custom bat hence was very excited about receiving it since i have played a lot for fun but mostly cheap premanufactured bats...i got the following for the bat:
PADDLE: FLARED WHIRLWIND FL
CUSTOM RED RUBBER - 729 SUPER FX-EL SUPERSOFT 2.15mm
CUSTOM BLACK RUBBER - 729 SUPER FX-EL SUPERSOFT 1.5mm
any comments?
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 2:35pm
my suggestion:  use a nice scissors......and hold it up in the air - so that the rubber is facing away from you......but, cut it, so that the excess falls downward....else, the excess can pull the rubber away from the blade while you are cutting it

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 2:41pm
sorry but it is possible for someone who is not used to the custom rubbers and blades in table tennis to buy stuff based on printed description. Those are absolutely bull***

Well all i can say is even though you may see a little improvement compared to premade paddles.... it is not a good set-up, even for beginners. The technology is about 15 20 years old.

For the price you paid, you could possibly get a much better set-up... like 729 focus 3 snipe, and some Gambler outlaw variant, on 729 BOMB blade.

next time... do a little more research and also feel free to approach regular members in this forum for some good combo. Everybody will help.

Edited by debraj - 04/16/2014 at 2:42pm
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulkitdabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 2:45pm
thks...i actually did do some research on the net and called zeropong for advice..they suggested this combo...but ya nxt time will def ask folks out here..
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 3:46pm
Pulkit... i understand... sometimes doing internet research throws up pages from very old posts... or from nubes.

And if you ask dealers. most of them will look at their stock thats not moving. :)

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulkitdabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 3:51pm
thks again to all the experts...hey i know i could have done better for the money but atleast i will be better off than with a 40$ generic bats :P
hope to wear out this one so i can get a better one suggested by you all soon :)
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 4:07pm
I still think this is good beginner combo
Blade, Rubbers, Shoes, Socks ...
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulkitdabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 4:57pm
thks, finally some encouraging news :)
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 5:06pm
Pulkit - your new racket looks fine. If you look at the rackets of some of the best players in the world, you'd swear their rubbers had been gnawed off to fit the blade by a blind squirrel. 
As Asmir (100niTenis) said above, it's a great combo to start out with. And as you progress, you'll get a better idea of what you like and don't like from your equipment (in terms of speed, weight... etc.) and you can 'upgrade' accordingly. 
Hope you enjoy your new racket and have hours of fun with it playing this great game. Smile

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

my suggestion:  use a nice scissors......and hold it up in the air - so that the rubber is facing away from you......but, cut it, so that the excess falls downward....else, the excess can pull the rubber away from the blade while you are cutting it

Don't forget to spray the scissors with windex.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 12:29am
Ive gotten so busy I had to have help for my premade buster blades. Its hard to find people who can and will do a good job.

I think part of it is the plastic cut ragged. I think it will look better when you pull that off.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulkitdabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 12:03pm
again thks for all the wonderful replies..i am excited!
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 1:16pm
+1 The appearance looks fine (and you will over time begin to realize that is of very little importance anyway) and it is also a good beginner setup! The only counter opinion thus far was pretty crazy (Outlaw on Bomb for a beginner coming from a premade? LOL Come on)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic