Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:33am
Originally posted by ByeByeAbout ByeByeAbout wrote:

Originally posted by bns7117 bns7117 wrote:

why do I still not see Mr. Rick accepting the challenge or is it just me?

it's just you.

it's 100k or nothing.

we're waiting on the man from non glad.

regards
rick

So, you are backing out of offer that YOU made?? WOW..

I would do $100k if you would first deposit it to know that you are serious. I would need to liquidate some assets to come up with $100k as I don't have that much in cash in my account as anyone with money will know that it's not smart to leave larger amounts of cash uninvested.. I personally own some rental property and you can validate that by just put my name in the property appraisers website to see what comes up. There's only one person in the US with my first and last name combination.. so it has to be me
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Sponsored Links

Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:36am

Originally posted by TonyL TonyL wrote:

Originally posted by shaibu shaibu wrote:

And to PB and other guys talking to BBA - don't waste your time - he's just trolling you. He's never going to agree to play that match (and he doesn't have $10K).

Of course not. He doesn't have $10k, let alone, $100k. 

cute.....guess you don't know what i do for a living.

just because you're financially strapped... don't visit that misery on the rest of us who managed to figure out how to make some money.

regards
rick

You are a painter with a painting business... I have painters working for me too when I fix up some of the real estate that I acquire and none of them makes what I do when I flip a house..
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
bns7117 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:39am
Dear Pushblocker, I don't see no more reason to waste your precious time on him anymore.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:39am
Just read this thread.

I am surprised by the resilience of BBA - his profile is known & he's becoming a laughingstock of this forum as well - he doesn't seem to mind and actually digs himself in deeper...

Anyways, I see BBA asking for a $10k bet & then PB accepting. Should be a done deal unless someone backs out with his tail between his legs by trying to change deal terms hoping the opponent refuses - right BBA?
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:59am
Looks like Pushblocker's got Rick on the run even before the match. 
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 1:13am
Settle it with a match then its done.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

Entering_ripcity View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

Originally posted by bns7117 bns7117 wrote:

why do I still not see Mr. Rick accepting the challenge or is it just me?

it's just you.

it's 100k or nothing.

we're waiting on the man from non glad.

regards

rick

So, you are backing out of offer that YOU made?? WOW..

I would do $100k if you would first deposit it to know that you are serious. I would need to liquidate some assets to come up with $100k as I don't have that much in cash in my account as anyone with money will know that it's not smart to leave larger amounts of cash uninvested.. I personally own some rental property and you can validate that by just put my name in the property appraisers website to see what comes up. There's only one person in the US with my first and last name combination.. so it has to be me

I can't figure out who's nuttier pushblocker or rick? Regardless, a $100 match won't happen let alone a $100,000 match.

Edited by Entering_ripcity - 04/22/2014 at 1:57am
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 2:29am

Ha Ha...... Rick,
Dodging.... Dodging....  Dodging as usual. LOL
Where is a World Best Athlete's Pride ?  Another 400  fellows are watching you. They worship u ? LOL
U can not even man up on your words. Very Pity. 

U bluffed PB with $10k to scare him away. He took your challenge.
U got chickened out? Why don't u try to bet some Islands ? I know u have somes, Super Star.

If U loose to PB, ( I don't really count on it cause u have such high skill.), U could paint an Island on cardboard box for PB,  Mr. Rich Painter. Tongue

haha...you have money, ?  

make it $100,000 or stay home and eat cheetos...

you going to chicken out like feather boy from maryland?

regards
rick

Edited by aroonkl - 04/22/2014 at 4:32am
wlhk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 4:09am
I played TT in Toronto for 11 years and I still follow their ranking/rating occasionally. 
In my view, the Canadian rating has inflated about 20-25% since 1995.
For example, players that I know who were around 2000-2100 are now about 2400-2600.
Some other players who were about 1800 are now about 2100+.

If PB's current US rating is 2150, according to my guesstimate it will be around 2500 Canadian.

Edited by wlhk - 04/22/2014 at 4:11am
wlhk

Forehand: MXP/Teneryg05

Backhand: Grass Dtecs
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 4:35am
Come on, guys, lighten up on Rick. The poor guy is suffering from some certifiable mental illness - probably Narcissistic Personality Disorder which actively stops him from admitting that he's both delusional and a liar. His wife has left him, taking the kids and there's a court order denying him contact. He hasn't a friend in the world and, if he's able to hold down a job, each and every one of his work colleagues avoids him like the plague.

The one and only pleasure this guy gets in life is trolling faceless strangers on the web - he certainly doesn't get it playing table tennis where he struggles to win against even half decent players. Perhaps we should humour him and agree that all of his strokes are perfect, he's at least 600 rating points better than he was last year (even though he's never played anywhere to get a rating) and that he is not only the world's best athlete (a claim he's perfectly entitled to make because there's no way it can be verified) but he's also the world's best editor even though he can't spell nor proof read his own posts.

What's not to love about this guy?

regards
rick
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 8:25am
If you want to discuss the impending match of the century, please, start a new thread somewhere else - provided there are no vids to back it.

This thread will be closed by the end of the day.
larrytt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 8:46am

hodges was sent packing with his tail between his legs.    he had two chances on two separate nights to put up the cash that he said he would then balked.     you're not thinking it through...if he legitimately beat me the first night...you know...creamed me...then why would i go back the next night for more punishment?    the only plausible reason, which is lost on a simpleton, is that i was trying to sucker him him.     again....strangest thing ever that after a guy thinks he's just destroyed you...twice...he *still* won't play for money.    guess my acting skills are not as good as i thought they would be....   also...fwiw...he looked to be about a solid 1700 player.....canadian.

to this day i still chuckle about him backing out.LOL

regards
rick
Rick, this is why you are a troll who should be banned, as you were banned from the about.com multiple times before you were banned permanently. Your posting is full of lies. Here's what actually happened. 

I went to Vancouver for the 2004 U.S. Olympic Trials. You had been challenging me online for money over and over, and since I was going there, I accepted, and said I'd play you for any amount of money. (I already knew your level from reports from others from your club.) I believe we agreed on $1000.  When I showed up at your club, I had the cash with me, but you refused to play for money. Your claim that I wouldn't is a blatant lie from a troll. I agreed to play you anyway, and we played two matches. I won them both by scores of 5,3,3,0 and 3,6,4,1. Your playing level was 1500 at best in U.S. ratings. (You had a decent lobbing game, but that's it. Because of shoulder problems that had dropped my level to about 2150 I wasn't smashing very hard.) I've since heard reports from others at your club that your level is about the same. If you play Pushblocker or anyone else anywhere near that level, you'll be destroyed.

Since you videoed both of our matches, why don't you put them online so we can all see your actual level? But I'm sure you've conveniently deleted them.

So here's my challenge to you. I'm older and slower with injury problems, but I'll play you for $10,000 right now. We'll get one of the moderators here to hold the money, and I'll fly out to Vancouver at my expense. So, Moderators, can Rick and I each send you a money order for $10,000, and you send the entire $20,000 to the winner? Rick, are you up for it, or will you again refuse with your tail between your legs as you did before?

To make things even more interesting, Rick, I'll play with a clipboard. Yes, for $10,000. You wouldn't lose to a 54-year-old guy with knee, back, and shoulder problems playing with a clipboard, would you? But you will now talk big but refuse to send the money. Such is the life of a troll until he inevitably gets banned. 

Moderators, can you PLEASE ban this troll? When about.com went down, I planned to become more active here - I even said that in my blog - but not as long as this troll is trolling here, posting his lies about me. Even though I'm not active here right now he's already trolling me, as with his posting here. (I'd love to comment on his thread about Chinese genetics - he's completely wrong there as well. The Chinese are the best because it's their national sport, they work harder, they have the numbers, and they have huge numbers of great coaches.) 

-Larry Hodges

Edited by larrytt - 04/22/2014 at 8:49am
Professional Table Tennis Coach & Writer
Member, USATT Hall of Fame
USATT National & ITTF Certified Coach
Former Chair, USATT Coaching Committee
www.TableTennisCoaching.com
www.MDTTC.com
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 8:59am
To BBA: sh!t just got real!

To the mods: larrytt is a well-respected coach here in the US & a great potential source of knowledge for us here in the forum. I would hate for the forum to lose his participation due to the activities of one individual who, frankly, most if not all forum members have grown to dislike. IMHO, telling blatant lies about another forum member might be a bannable offence.

Edited by slevin - 04/22/2014 at 9:00am
larrytt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 9:03am

haha...you have money, ? 

make it $100,000 or stay home and eat cheetos...

you going to chicken out like feather boy from maryland?

regards
rick

No, Rick, you challenged him for $10,000, and he accepted. Now you are backing down, as you did with me. You now have two $10,000 challenges, the sum you challenged him for. Are you accepting or are you backing down with your tail between your legs?

If you want, we can play three $10,000 challenge matches. I'll play one with sponge, one with hardbat, and one with a clipboard. I'll kill you all three times, and it won't be close. Let me know if I should get the $30,000 together. Easy money, except we both know you'll never actually play me for money because you are roughly a 1500 player. 

Moderators, please read this thread and ask yourself why this troll isn't banned?

-Larry Hodges
www.MDTTC.com
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 9:08am
The mods point is that we really do not have to engage Rick.  I know, it's hard, but they do have a point.  Ever since I stopped engaging him, I've had far more relief.  It's unfortunate that those of you with history with Rick don't quite have that option.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
larrytt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 9:19am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

The mods point is that we really do not have to engage Rick.  I know, it's hard, but they do have a point.  Ever since I stopped engaging him, I've had far more relief.  It's unfortunate that those of you with history with Rick don't quite have that option.

Correct, those of us with a "history" with Rick don't have that option. Rick posted his lies and insults about me without my even being here. I only found out about it because someone sent me a message. He's trolling the forum as he did in previous ones, and will continue to do so until the moderators have had enough. 
-Larry Hodges
www.MDTTC.com
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 9:24am
What exactly is moderator's job then -  gently reminding everyone once in a while not to feed the trolls?

S/N ratio of this forum went downhill recently  - this must be making Rick/BBA very happy.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 9:31am
The mod's job is not a job, it's a free service.

This thread is now really closed. Please find another means and place to arrange your bets.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic