Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2016 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

ONE YEAR LATER...

Still use Kim Jung Hoon as main blade.

Still have Nexy Elpis 2.0 on BH and switched FH rubber to Evolution MX-P

Wicked spin potential, very stable in blocks - ability to vary with hand. Speed assessment still in OFF zone, definitely not in OFF+ zone.

Same here, still with the KJH blade. Using MX-P FH and Andro Hexer HD on BH. Backhand blocks and punch blocks are better than ever with Hexer HD, I switched my bh rubber from Nittaku Moristo DF (more on spinny pushes, blocks and chop-blocks). I am more confident now with opening loop from the backhand.
At this point in time I believe that MX-P is the best FH rubber ever, specially on my KJH blade. Yep blocks seem automatic, very spinny on serves, very good control on defensive strokes. Really nice with chop-blocks. I tried FX-P on FH and BH but did not like it as much.
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2016 at 11:44am
I was given one of these by a company I import from.  It sat on a shelf for 6 months and I finally tried it saturday out of boredom.

Just wanted to add this is a really fantastic blade.  It has extremely nice touch for a pretty fast blade.  Kind of reminds me of the old 6030 before they sold the original formula.  But better for sure.  

It feels like it's fast when I hit but not super fast when I'm blocking, so I can retain some of my dead ball blocks and short game.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 2:53am
In Chantilly League last Sunday, a 2100+ player baited me into going for a what I thought was a half long ball near the corner and I hit the corner center of mass. This ripped a 2 inch wide hole and put a real nasty dent/crack in the center a cm wide. I still hit with this blade, after slapping on a worn out sheet of Aurus, and the blade is holding out decent enough, but it is on life support after that impact. :( Luckily, my MX-P rubber was ready to get switched out and one year of my sweat is enough to destroy a normal blade, so it was time for it to kick the bucket anyway.

Amazingly, out of the dozen or so 896 blades I have bought from Cole to make the ever-inexpensive "Der_Echte Special" I made for camp players or Korean club members (896 blade with weighted handle, recycled FH rubber and a new sheet of XP 2008) I NEVER broke one of those 896 in my life, a record. I am hell on blades except for that one it seems. Some of those rec center bats still have XP 2008 from Cole he donated, so military there got a lot of mileage from it.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 10:46am
BH-Man, 
      if you are planning to chuck the broken KJH, give it to me as I will convert the handle to one of my cpen blades=)

I also own a cpen version of KJH, still play with it sometimes.  Very unique feeling, great countering capabilitiesThumbs Up
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by PingPongHolic10 PingPongHolic10 wrote:

BH-Man, 
      if you are planning to chuck the broken KJH, give it to me as I will convert the handle to one of my cpen blades=)

I also own a cpen version of KJH, still play with it sometimes.  Very unique feeling, great countering capabilitiesThumbs Up

Could you describe that feeling? Flexy or springy?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 6:38pm

BH-Man, 

I do not intend on chucking it until my replacement comes in with a large order I placed at Nexy Korea. Beware, this is the BEAST MODE JKH where I already took off one of the handles and added about 10 grams of glue and toothpicks to one of the handle pieces. The throat is solid on this blade at least.

If I use a blade daily for one year, my sweat will practically disintegrate the sucker. So, its time had come anyway.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 9:02pm
I wouldn't describe it as flexy. More like bouncy or like if that center ply were cork.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2016 at 3:24am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I wouldn't describe it as flexy. More like bouncy or like if that center ply were cork.

Would you rate it better than clipper?
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2016 at 4:16pm
It's a different feeling blade for sure.  Better is subjective.  Clippers outer plies are softer, and the speed curve pretty linear.  The KJH feels like a thinner harder blade in the low gear, but gets really bouncy at some point in the curve.

KJH has a little higher pitch, brighter tone.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2016 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

It's a different feeling blade for sure.  Better is subjective.  Clippers outer plies are softer, and the speed curve pretty linear.  The KJH feels like a thinner harder blade in the low gear, but gets really bouncy at some point in the curve.

KJH has a little higher pitch, brighter tone.

Are you selling in cpen?
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2016 at 7:40pm
I'm not selling it at all. I just happened to be given one.

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2016 at 8:36pm
I saw Cole in action only once in real life and I do not think he is a C-Pen player. Smile
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2016 at 2:35am

I saw Cole in action only once in real life and I do not think he is a C-Pen player. Smile

Dang nobody sell this blade in cpen
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2016 at 9:40pm
Nexy Korea (Tak9.com) is NexyUSA.com supplier.

They have a C-pen KJH. 

If you are in USA or Canada, then give our NexyUSA CEO (Bogeyhunter here on MyTT -give him a PM) an email [email protected] and ask for one. He will special order it, we don't normally stock that in C-Pen. 

If you are outside USA or Canada area, then email manager Lee Jeung-Hyun at nexy.com and ask specially for the C-Pen version of KJH. His email is [email protected]

Edited by BH-Man - 03/27/2016 at 9:49pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2016 at 9:53pm

BH-Man, 

Tell you what PPHolic... You can prolly rescue this blade with some glue and filler. I have an order sent out with Nexy.com and should have one on its way here. Once I get it, you can have my old one if...

- you join TTD forum and keep Carl in check, he is off the chain

- you frequently talk bad about that Der_Echte over there

- you take your Nexy Contrast jersey to a seamstress, have her cut off the sleeves, have the remainder folded in and double sewn... to make a MUSCLE TT Jersey, the first of its kind. Isn't doing a cool mod fun?

- you show up next time I announce a NYC adventure in NYC for TT action

Heck, I'll even pay you for the mod on your jersey.

Edited by BH-Man - 03/27/2016 at 9:55pm
Mar5boy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mar5boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 3:35pm
Can someone please compare speed and control of KJH with my current blades TSPW and Nittaku Carbon Acoustic.
I have both of these blades with MXP & FXP XIOM Euro Df rubbers.

I like the power and speed of the TSPW but prefer the touch control of the Nittaku. I find the TSPW a little unrefined.
Nittaku has amazing control for me but lacks power and control when Med-Far distance.
Especially apparent when smashing.

I'm hoping the KJH will be some of both.

I have a chance to buy KJH blade local in uk and don't want to miss opportunity as its not available here.

Edited by Mar5boy - 06/10/2016 at 4:43pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 6:26pm
KJH is unique. Solid throat, only a little hollow in the handle piece. Great feel at impact. Plays from upper All+ to middle OFF depending on what you are doing. Great feel for ball and ability to spin, good high gear, not a laser beam fast, but fast enough. Great feel and control for its higher gears. Ability to adjust pressure and block with variation. MX-P has enough power at mid distance on countering, but control is more prominant, enough power and if you got a spinny incoming ball or a fast ball, you don't need a powerful swing to give back a fast loop.

I never hit with your other blades, you will have to get your paws on one and have a hit to know for yourself. Reading reviews is only a tease, testing other mates bats is where it is at. That is why Nexy tried to get its blades out to forumers first when they put on market.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 8:33pm
I would add it plays pretty soft and tame, but there is a noticeable spring if you hit the sweet spot well that will surprise you at first.

I just don't like the shape. I need more at the tip of the blade. I never use the ultra wide flange.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 8:42pm

Nexy Korea (Tak9.com) is NexyUSA.com supplier.

They have a C-pen KJH. 

If you are in USA or Canada, then give our NexyUSA CEO (Bogeyhunter here on MyTT -give him a PM) an email [email protected] <span style="line-height: 1.4;">and ask for one. He will special order it, we don't normally stock that in C-Pen. </span>

If you are outside USA or Canada area, then email manager Lee Jeung-Hyun at nexy.com and ask specially for the C-Pen version of KJH. His email is [email protected]

Never got an answer from that email

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Mar5boy Mar5boy wrote:

Can someone please compare speed and control of KJH with my current blades TSPW and Nittaku Carbon Acoustic.
I have both of these blades with MXP & FXP XIOM Euro Df rubbers.

I like the power and speed of the TSPW but prefer the touch control of the Nittaku. I find the TSPW a little unrefined.
Nittaku has amazing control for me but lacks power and control when Med-Far distance.
Especially apparent when smashing.

I'm hoping the KJH will be some of both.

I have a chance to buy KJH blade local in uk and don't want to miss opportunity as its not available here.

I have both the KJH and NAC and can offer some opinion. If you like the touch and control of NAC then you will love KJH. Touch and control way better. I rate NAC better on smashes, blocks and punch blocks. NAC has better speed than KJH. So which is better for me? On the table playing all around, push blocker play, KJH. If you step back mid distance NAC. From way back both need extra effort. In many ways both share same qualities in "loopability" and pleasant feel. If KJH is a 2 winged looper's wet dream, then NAC is its big brother. Obviously I'm high on both blades. I like MX-P on KJH dislike it on NAC, TO5 is perfect on NAC. My opinion only whatever its worth.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2016 at 12:28pm
bbkon, 

Manager Lee asked to take a break from TT company work. 

Andrew Shin at [email protected] is the new manager at Nexy Korea.
Mar5boy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mar5boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2016 at 1:33pm
Thanks for the input guys.

I went ahead and bought it partially because it's a unique blade that I can't easily get hands on in the UK.

I intend to try my MXP and FXP (1.9) rubbers from TSPW soon as the Donic Vario glue delivery arrives. I have revolution 3 glue which proved horrible with NAC as it made the power hits feel slower and dampened (?) - lacking the energetic catapult effect I expected.
Using the clubs Tibar glue managed to improve things and it stopped me from getting rid of the blade.

@knuckle ball

I'm surprised that you found NAC to be good for smashes/drives as I consider it very poor especially compared to 5 ply wood TSPW. That is comparing both blades with FXP on forehand. I find the NAC (85g) just lacks power and feels almost hollow/thin compared to TSPW when executing power hits away from the table. Closeup it's superb but soon as I start to move back it looses speed & worse control when hitting hard. From my experience I would describe the NAC AL/AL+ and the TSPW as F.

I am expecting KJH being 7ply 90g all wood to foremost offer better speed than NAC and rate as -F/F -close to TSPW. Otherwise I'm in for an unexpected disappointment.

I guess I will have to try for myself tomorrow night at the club when I get to glue on the rubbers - can't wait !

Also the KJH logo has partially worn off which I'm a little disappointed about as I expected better build quality finish.
Is this normal for you guys ?

Edited by Mar5boy - 06/11/2016 at 5:52pm
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2016 at 3:30pm
Mine was used and worn when I got it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2016 at 5:10am

@knuckle ball

I'm surprised that you found NAC to be good for smashes/drives as I consider it very poor especially compared to 5 ply wood TSPW. That is comparing both blades with FXP on forehand. I find the NAC (85g) just lacks power and feels almost hollow/thin compared to TSPW when executing power hits away from the table. Closeup it's superb but soon as I start to move back it looses speed & worse control when hitting hard. From my experience I would describe the NAC AL/AL+ and the TSPW as F.

I am expecting KJH being 7ply 90g all wood to foremost offer better speed than NAC and rate as -F/F -close to TSPW. Otherwise I'm in for an unexpected disappointment.

I guess I will have to try for myself tomorrow night at the club when I get to glue on the rubbers - can't wait !

Also the KJH logo has partially worn off which I'm a little disappointed about as I expected better build quality finish.
Is this normal for you guys ?
Mar5boy Yes I am quite sure NAC is faster and better at smashes than my KJH. My KJH is probably on the faster end of all wood blades I have played with. I find it faster and better than all the Clippers I have tried. Although my Adidas Challenge Speed, also a 7 ply, is faster than my KJH. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2016 at 5:19am
@Mar5boy
Are you sure you have the Acoustic CARBON or just the 5 ply Acoustic all wood?
Mar5boy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mar5boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2016 at 1:13pm
I most definitely have the carbon.
My NAC Photo

Maybe the blade is fussy with the rubbers I'm using which are spare fxp and xiom euro Df in 1.9-2.0 ?
Could it be I have a rather light 85g blade ?

It's good to hear your experience as now at least I know that i can potentially make use of this blade at some point later with fast max rubbers.

Can you give more information on your experience using NAC with MXP ? Thickness?

Not sure if I can afford Tenergy but MXP/ELS max might have to do.

Edited by Mar5boy - 06/12/2016 at 1:23pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2016 at 1:33am

I most definitely have the carbon.
My NAC Photo

Maybe the blade is fussy with the rubbers I'm using which are spare fxp and xiom euro Df in 1.9-2.0 ?
Could it be I have a rather light 85g blade ?

It's good to hear your experience as now at least I know that i can potentially make use of this blade at some point later with fast max rubbers.

Can you give more information on your experience using NAC with MXP ? Thickness?

Not sure if I can afford Tenergy but MXP/ELS max might have to do.
MX-P on NAC: With balls served short, I have trouble landing brushing strokes over the table, same with slow low effort loops, most will go off the table, seems like a flatter trajectory for MX-P. On long balls going off the table, I have better results with medium to full stroke loops and drives, really spinny and fast.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 2:08am
Still with my KJH blade with T05 black on FH and ITC Powecell RS red on BH. Love the setup
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 4:08pm
It's an excellent blade.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 8:45am
what is the thickness of KJH blade?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic