Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Pondus' TT Sanctuary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JonathanVN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2014 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by mahomedy13 mahomedy13 wrote:

the first time my eyes have seen such a thing and...WOW!!!

I would love to come to your house just to have a physical look

Yeah Pondus's TT Sanctuary is one of the seven wonders of the modern world...
2015 USATT Ratings:
1823 (Jan)
1840 (Feb)
Sponsored Links

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2014 at 11:20pm
Please put thr mizutani special in the box Rene. That blade is too valuable and should not be left out like that.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2014 at 3:29am
Where is René ?
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2014 at 9:20am
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2015 at 12:44pm
René has not logged in since the 26th of November.
I really hope everything is right with him !!!

Edited by kakapo - 01/30/2015 at 12:45pm
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 12:26pm
I'm good, thanks. Smile

However, sadly, my little "Table Tennis Sanctuary" doesn't exist any longer. My family and I sold that house to move across the country, and the people that bought the house ripped out the red Gerflor and such. So, I'm happy I took these pictures, so I can look back at a fun little cave I had. Our new house is much smaller, so there's no room for anything like this. In fact, I haven't played any TT since... over a year ago, think — and all my stuff is just packed up in boxes at the moment.

Hope everyone here is doing great. :)

Edited by Pondus - 02/25/2015 at 12:27pm
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 1:27pm
I'm happy to hear something from you René.
Well, ....that makes a lot of packages for the blades only :)))
These blades should be crying, locked in their small boxes....
Sooner or later, you will be back and playing TT again.
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 1:30pm
Wow!... We all have events that remind us that we also live in this world...

The photos of your awesome sanctuary have set "The Standard" and remain imprinted in my mind forever...

Legendary...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
Tiggs View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 10:24am
Rene' last time you played you were having trouble with the knee.  How's that coming along..  Winter misses you in Michigan.
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

I'm good, thanks. Smile

Thumbs Up

It is a great pity that the sanctuary doesn't exist more ...but the incredible collection is still with you Smile
I hope all is ok with you and your family that is more important!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 2:23pm

I'm good, thanks. Smile

However, sadly, my little "Table Tennis Sanctuary" doesn't exist any longer. My family and I sold that house to move across the country, and the people that bought the house ripped out the red Gerflor and such. So, I'm happy I took these pictures, so I can look back at a fun little cave I had. Our new house is much smaller, so there's no room for anything like this. In fact, I haven't played any TT since... over a year ago, think — and all my stuff is just packed up in boxes at the moment.

Hope everyone here is doing great. :)

Oh my gosh, had you told me the new owner will tear up the Gerflor, I would have bought it from you.  I am going to install the floor in my garage for my tt obsession too in a few months.

Next up, Cong's TT Sanctuary... LOL
TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 10:55pm
Wow, amazing collection and room.ClapClapClap
boliao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2015 at 12:16am

... and the people that bought the house ripped out the red Gerflor and such.

That's criminal! Cry

Really good you took and shared these photos. Thanks.

Some people have paintings or memorabilia on their walls. You can just frame your blades collections as exhibits.
gosm92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gosm92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 4:27am
HI,
U HAVE OSSOM COLLECTION,
DO U HAVE kJELL jOHANSSON CLIPPER blade,or Alse clipper,or Tamca Oberon
thx gary
ameetnsharma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ameetnsharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2016 at 5:16pm
Awesome cave! Too bad it doesn't exist now. I hope you can continue your TT adventure with your kids when they're old enough.
Get to the chopper!
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2016 at 7:42pm
The fact that something like that ever existed- even once- is beyond amazing. Pondus always had interesting comments here. He was at one point a really high level player and that have him some insight. Hope he can start playing again and rejoin us.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 10:05am
Any chance the original pictures can be restored to this thread? It's a shame the image have been removed. 
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
seahorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 10:22am
ditto!
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Any chance the original pictures can be restored to this thread? It's a shame the image have been removed. 
Donic Dicon (JO shape)
F: DNA Platinum M
B: Jekyll & Hyde 52.5
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 2:32pm
Funny, the Pong cave of Pondus came to mind to me out of the blue today, and here I find that this thread was resurrected. 

Reason it came to mind was because I had to go to the bike shop today and there before my eyes was a $10,000 road bike -- a thing of beauty -- and I was thinking that for the price of that one could get a portion of the Pondus Ideal Man Cave.  We sometimes complain about the costs of our sport.  Cycling is insane by comparison.

Too bad we don't have the pictures anymore.  It was incredible for people who missed it.  I can't even remember the details but if I recall correctly he had two Butterfly high end tables with perfect lighting, Gerflor, and plenty of space.  On the wall in carefully designed shelves well away from the tables he had literally every composite racket that somebody would ever want, all with Tenergy 05.  In the other end he had a workshop for gluing etc.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 5:36pm
I think Pondus deleted the pix. We should respect his wishes. We will rememder him though!
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 6:04pm
I won't miss these pictures, because I remember each time I opened that topic my heart was close to beat twice more faster Bolt's record in 100 meters !!!
Correct decision, Pondus! I am with you! Beer
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 6:09pm
You make a good point.  It would be nice to maintain a document of this shrine to table tennis.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2021 at 3:32am
All of the pictures are no longer there on the first page of this thread, is there a way for the Mods to restore them, so us fans can feast on this sanctuary yet again?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2021 at 4:21am
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

All of the pictures are no longer there on the first page of this thread, is there a way for the Mods to restore them, so us fans can feast on this sanctuary yet again?

The pictures were hosted on another website, and it looks like the source no longer active, so unless Ponduss can upload them here, there's not much we can do.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2021 at 8:10am
4 years ago on the Wayback Internet archive https://archive.org/web/ I could get a few pictures back but in low definition only. It just gives an idea of that thing Pondus had put together, the EJ ultimate shrine LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic