Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Never Trust any National Version DHS Hurricane 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Never Trust any National Version DHS Hurricane 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Timo Hu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Timo Hu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Never Trust any National Version DHS Hurricane 3
    Posted: 05/11/2014 at 1:43pm
These years, so many players are curious about the National Version DHS Hurricane 3 sales on some website, which is super expensive like $100 a piece. Here, I think I need to clarify the truth so that players will not be cheated.

First, please never trust any National Version Hurricane sales on any website. Actually, there almost has no difference with ordinary Hurricane 3. Just the psychological effect that made people feel better in the national version Hurricane, but there really no difference.

One of my uncle deals with the logistic work for Chinese National PingPong team. He told me the Hurricane that National Team use is specially designed, which is illegal to be sold externally. The national team has very strict policy to check the rubber on each day, and each rubber is assigned with a series number. After a National based Hurricane has been exhausted by players, players must turn this rubber back, and Chinese National Association will check for these returned rubbers one by one to make sure the rubbers they recycled back are the same as the rubbers they gave out to national team players. 

The genuine National Version Hurricane rubbers use the sponge from the Butterfly Tenergy series spring sponge (The sponge was Butterfly Bryce version sponge, but has been changed since speed glue became illegal since late 2008). The rubber they use is a high quality rubber, which is also different from the ordinary version of Hurricane, not so sticky like ordinary version.

I saw some so called National version Hurricane sale on some website, which is super expensive like $100 a piece, but I don't think that is really what Chinese National team use. It is because the pictures these website provide are not the sample pictures that my uncle showed to me before.

Hurricane fanatics please to be rational. It's not worthwhile to pay more than $100 to buy a counterfeit National Version Hurricane.  
Timo Boll ZLF FL
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Sponsored Links

emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 2:59pm
agree, they are not national version rubbers,  but they are a bit higher quality then commercial H3 and they are lighter in weight...but they are not the rubbers that the chinese national team uses...i think everybody know this by now.
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
Timo Hu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo Hu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

agree, they are not national version rubbers,  but they are a bit higher quality then commercial H3 and they are lighter in weight...but they are not the rubbers that the chinese national team uses...i think everybody know this by now.

The quality is a little bit better than the commercial version, but it does not worth the price on sale. 
Timo Boll ZLF FL
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 3:18pm
1)what do the sample pictures from uncle look like? mind to share it here?
2) next time please don't post your discussion thread in the sales forum unless you are really selling/buying
3) are you saying the china national team order sponge from butterfly and combine them with dhs rubber sheet?
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 3:21pm
So what's the actual purpose for these higher quality 4 corner rubbers we call national? There's no doubt that they are factory made.
Timo Hu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo Hu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

2) next time please don't post your discussion thread in the sales forum unless you are really selling/buying
3) are you saying the china national team order sponge from butterfly and combine them with dhs rubber sheet?

Yes. I hope to attach the picture here. Unfortunately, my uncle refuses to send me with the pictures directly cause he might be fired by Chinese National Table Tennis Association if he does that. He has some pictures in his cellphone that I cannot get.

For the genuine national version DHS rubber that national team members use, these rubber sheets are combination between the Butterfly sponge and Chinese rubber. Chinese National Team always like to do combination to achieve their best feeling. Just like Wang Hao, his back hand uses Sriver Rubber, but the sponge is Bryce Sponge. In forehand, he uses DHS national Skyline 3 with Tenergy series spring sponge.
Timo Boll ZLF FL
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 3:35pm
I heard many times that people can get lucky and buy a VERY VERY VERY good sheet of cheap commercial hurricane.

the difference with so called "National hurricane" is that you get lucky every time you pick a sheet of it Big smile; but commercial or national...they are all the same --> is this correct?

Timo Hu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo Hu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I heard many times that people can get lucky and buy a VERY VERY VERY good sheet of cheap commercial hurricane.

the difference with so called "National hurricane" is that you get lucky every time you pick a sheet of it Big smile; but commercial or national...they are all the same --> is this correct?

If you can buy it online, it is definitely not the rubber that Chinese national team players use cause the one they use is combination between Chinese rubber and Butterfly Tenergy Series Spring Sponge. As you can see, the Spring Sponge and Commerical DHS Hurricane Sponge looks so different. No matter how lucky we are, I don't think we can get a national version Hurricane 3 from purchasing commercial version Hurricane 3.
Timo Boll ZLF FL
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 3:54pm
please send some blue sponge tenergy spring sponge to me
cheers
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 3:54pm
T series rubbers are pored, while Bryce rubbers are high density version. We can see on TV a lot of these national H3 / TG3 are blue colored. Are you suggesting BTY specially supplied blue colored sponge for Chinese team? It doesn't seem to make commercial sense. The most heard of theory is the best cut of the most evenly produced sponge turns into national version, etc. Just curious.
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
Timo Hu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo Hu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by simon_xuan simon_xuan wrote:

T series rubbers are pored, while Bryce rubbers are high density version. We can see on TV a lot of these national H3 / TG3 are blue colored. Are you suggesting BTY specially supplied blue colored sponge for Chinese team? It doesn't seem to make commercial sense. The most heard of theory is the best cut of the most evenly produced sponge turns into national version, etc. Just curious.

Actually the so called the most evenly produced sponge turns into national version is not real. All Chinese National team members receive specific designed combination for themselves. Majority of them use Tenergy series Spring sponge and Chinese based rubber just like Jike Zhange and Ma Long. National team make special order from Butterfly for sponge. Some blue sponge just the color that Butterfly added for them to segregate these sponge from Tenergy, but the intrinsic is the same. Cause my uncle is currently working with the logistic procedure for Chinese national table tennis association, he knows it.
Timo Boll ZLF FL
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Timo Hu Timo Hu wrote:

The genuine National Version Hurricane rubbers use the sponge from the Butterfly Tenergy series spring sponge

Is there some evidence for this claim?
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 4:30pm
If they are using Butterfly Spring Sponge then why is the sponge often blue for many of the players? Is it Spring Sponge with a different color dye?

Edit: Never mind, didn't see your reply above.

Edited by GeneralSpecific - 05/11/2014 at 4:31pm
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 4:41pm

Yes. I hope to attach the picture here. Unfortunately, my uncle refuses to send me with the pictures directly cause he might be fired by Chinese National Table Tennis Association if he does that. He has some pictures in his cellphone that I cannot get.

For the genuine national version DHS rubber that national team members use, these rubber sheets are combination between the Butterfly sponge and Chinese rubber. Chinese National Team always like to do combination to achieve their best feeling. Just like Wang Hao, his back hand uses Sriver Rubber, but the sponge is Bryce Sponge. In forehand, he uses DHS national Skyline 3 with Tenergy series spring sponge.

actually i know several players who played at several wttc  and played few shots with ma long/xx.zjk and said the rubbers from CNT players are not so bouncy, how come this could be true if they have tenergy sponge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 4:48pm
This web site collects some Chinese players' paddles. But of course the picture doesn't have the resolution to see the pore of the sponge.
http://www.fotop.net/rxng/cntt?page=2
Did anyone on the forum check Hao Shui's sponge when he came to US to play last year?
The most curious question I personally have is the notion Chinese national rubber uses non-pored Yun Hai #22 or 20 sponge. National team members use Dian Chi oil to tune these sponges, while the T series sponge reacts better with Falco oil. Of course I never tried to tune a tenergy sponge with Dian Chi to see if it curl as well.
RPB Rocks!

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

actually i know several players who played at several wttc  and played few shots with ma long/xx.zjk and said the rubbers from CNT players are not so bouncy, how come this could be true if they have tenergy sponge

that could be explained by the tacky topsheet, I suppose.

what about the ripples from boosting that sometimes show on their topsheets? Is this compatible with having the tenergy sponge?
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 4:54pm
I don't remember when T series came into the market. This sheet is a screen shot from a web site, dated on 2005. Appears non-pored.

Edited by simon_xuan - 05/11/2014 at 5:00pm
RPB Rocks!

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

what about the ripples from boosting that sometimes show on their topsheets? Is this compatible with having the tenergy sponge?
now that IS the real question...

not sure about buying the tenergy story; actually I do not right now; it would be so known by now; you can't keep those kind of news from leaking; ok it did...here...but if it was true it would have done so long ago and in a much bigger manner.

Some might say I underestimate our mytt sources and we ARE the news makers :)

If it is true it would be huge. My question is: what is Butterfly's interest in giving CNT stuff they won't give to other people? it seems there is much more to loose than to win for all parties here; and if we can accuse BTY for doing many wrong things, we can't -for sure- accuse them for being stupid.

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 5:25pm
Smells like a competitor's attempt to discredit DHS.
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 5:40pm
I have seen a H3 with red High Tension sponge red top sheet listed on a site that is suppose to be made for XX back hand. But it's not listed as a Tenergy sponge. This could be what he is referring to.
Shifter
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 5:43pm
Big BS for Tenergy sponge in National H3. Chinese style loops like harder sponge.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 5:48pm
If the National rubber is actually a combination of butterfly sponge, then it would have leaked from the major Chinese table tennis forum first before it reaches here at mytt.

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 6:06pm
I never used National H3, because I never bother to spend more than $40 to buy a H3 or any other rubber. Personally I think H3 is H3, no matter it is national, provincial and commercial. The differences are small. I don't think someone who can't play commercial H3 can play provincial or national version well.

Timo Hu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo Hu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 7:23pm

If the National rubber is actually a combination of butterfly sponge, then it would have leaked from the major Chinese table tennis forum first before it reaches here at mytt.

Actually if you trained professional table tennis in China at around 2013 to 2014, you should know something about it. It has already leaked out, just you don't know.
Timo Boll ZLF FL
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Timo Hu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo Hu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by simon_xuan simon_xuan wrote:

I don't remember when T series came into the market. This sheet is a screen shot from a web site, dated on 2005. Appears non-pored.
No, this is too early. National team use Terergy series spong after 2009, not so early in 2005.
Timo Boll ZLF FL
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Timo Hu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo Hu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

now that IS the real question...

not sure about buying the tenergy story; actually I do not right now; it would be so known by now; you can't keep those kind of news from leaking; ok it did...here...but if it was true it would have done so long ago and in a much bigger manner.

Some might say I underestimate our mytt sources and we ARE the news makers :)

If it is true it would be huge. My question is: what is Butterfly's interest in giving CNT stuff they won't give to other people? it seems there is much more to loose than to win for all parties here; and if we can accuse BTY for doing many wrong things, we can't -for sure- accuse them for being stupid.

If you work for an organization and order large quantity of Tenergy sponge from Butterfly, they will sell them to you. Butterfly just not sell Tenergy Sponge directly to individuals who wanna order cause the quantity individuals need is too small. There is no reason to say Butterfly is stupid cause they are doing their business with a country, which is more profitable than just sell one to two sheet of Tenergy to individuals. That is economic of scale.
Timo Boll ZLF FL
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
glanden.zheng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 7:36pm
Sorry to be seeming to call you out, but I'm going to break down everything bit by bit to show you why you're wrong. 

First, please never trust any National Version Hurricane sales on any website. Actually, there almost has no difference with ordinary Hurricane 3. Just the psychological effect that made people feel better in the national version Hurricane, but there really no difference. 

Not true. There is a reason why there are different number of edges on the rubbers, and why there are consistent reviews by many users of Hurricane here on MyTT that do explicitly state the difference between the versions, or at least the inconsistency of commercial Hurricane rubbers. I do not believe CNT would like to use inconsistent rubbers. 

One of my uncle deals with the logistic work for Chinese National PingPong team. He told me the Hurricane that National Team use is specially designed, which is illegal to be sold externally. The national team has very strict policy to check the rubber on each day, and each rubber is assigned with a series number. After a National based Hurricane has been exhausted by players, players must turn this rubber back, and Chinese National Association will check for these returned rubbers one by one to make sure the rubbers they recycled back are the same as the rubbers they gave out to national team players. 

I used to hear of this process, but that is also absolute bull. If this is true, then I have no idea why one of my friends from Australian National team, who is friends with Fan Zhendong, just received a blue sponge Hurricane and Tenergy 05 from Fan Zhendong at the WTTTC that has just ended, with FZD just ripping off the rubbers from his blade and giving it to my friend? If your claim is true, surely FZD won't be doing this? I also know of another player in our country who also received new rubbers from Zhang Jike and Xu Xin during the London Olympics.

The genuine National Version Hurricane rubbers use the sponge from the Butterfly Tenergy series spring sponge (The sponge was Butterfly Bryce version sponge, but has been changed since speed glue became illegal since late 2008). The rubber they use is a high quality rubber, which is also different from the ordinary version of Hurricane, not so sticky like ordinary version. 

Absolutely crazy to assume this. I'm not at home right now but there are pictures of the FZD rubbers my friend has posted on Facebook, with the sponge clearly up to show that they are NOT pored whatsoever. I'm very interested some of your pictures that your uncle gave you. I will post the picture of the FZD sponge when I get home. I've also seen the personal XX and ZJK rubbers in person, and the sponge is definitely not pored sponge. Chinese rubbers are characterised partly from their hard sponge as much as their sticky topsheet. Also, I've seen provincial players playing with the classic Hurricane sponge and topsheet. So you're saying that once they go onto the national team, they change their forehand rubber to something that is completely different from what they have been using for 10+ years, probably more than 30,000 hours of the same rubber on the forehand? 

I saw some so called National version Hurricane sale on some website, which is super expensive like $100 a piece, but I don't think that is really what Chinese National team use. It is because the pictures these website provide are not the sample pictures that my uncle showed to me before.

Hurricane fanatics please to be rational. It's not worthwhile to pay more than $100 to buy a counterfeit National Version Hurricane.  

I will agree with you that the prices may not justify the quality of the rubber, but I don't think you're informed enough to make the claim that they are not CNT used, because I'm nearly 100% they are CNT provided. It's partly the fact that it's illegal for them to sell that the prices are so high, because of the "rarity". 

I will post pictures of the rubbers to my knowledge once I'm home. Then it will be probably be apparent to everyone here that the rubbers on the sites are probably legit as the laser-prints on the sponge are in the exact same format. What will give my pictures more credit is that the rubbers have already been cut; they have definitely been used by FZD during the WTTTC this year. I'm afraid my pictures will most likely be blowing your claim wide open.

Edit: I realised you apparently can not post pictures of the Hurricanes. However I also realised you may be referring to the Hurricane 3's with the #60, #50, #18, etc. sponges which COULD possibly be from Butterfly (even though they are DHS sponges LOL), so I can give you credit for that. But in terms of blue sponge? Absolute garbage.

Edited by glanden.zheng - 05/11/2014 at 7:47pm
Butterfly Viscaria FL

FH: Hurricane 3 Prov

BH: Tenergy 05
glanden.zheng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 7:44pm

Actually if you trained professional table tennis in China at around 2013 to 2014, you should know something about it. It has already leaked out, just you don't know.

Link us please? 
Butterfly Viscaria FL

FH: Hurricane 3 Prov

BH: Tenergy 05
Timo Hu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo Hu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by glanden.zheng glanden.zheng wrote:

Link us please? 

Go Shanghai to receive professional training. You will know everything. Argue with me here means nothing. 
Timo Boll ZLF FL
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 8:51pm
timo hu's info is right in general, though not quite accurate on some details. idk if it's bc your uncle is not entirely sure or you interpreted it wrong. 

there are better quality nationals being sold that aren't the ones used by CNT (the "B grade" i referred to previously that are sold in ltd. qty to foreign countries for their pro players). the 1st string hurricane sponges do come from butterfly; that much has been repeated among players i've asked. whether they produce or simply QC has been commented with variation. the consensus though appears to be that the sponges are produced in Germany. 

real nationals are very distinctive from commercial hurricanes after boosting in that they resemble butterfly-type rubbers at a glance whereas commercial always has the dull, flat look and feel. for the older versions, there wasn't that much difference between the "classic sponges" so some ppl figured they're the same w/ a placebo effect. the neo national is distinctly superior though. some ppl claim boosting commercial is the same, but not by a far cry. even provincial neo is a big step up. these differences can mostly only be detected after boosting since the difference is largely in the sponge.

while rare and not allowed to be sold, many players do give them out w/o penalty. it's just that retailers are not to sell them. they do still find their way from players to other players, family, friends as gifts, private sale, and trades.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic