FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Jun Mizutani Super ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 10:36pm
So, to those who have tried both blades: is there a consensus that the MJ SZLC is either (1) bouncier or (2) more powerful than the SZLC or both?

The German forum members suggest that the ZJK SZLC has better control.
Sponsored Links

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

So, to those who have tried both blades: is there a consensus that the MJ SZLC is either (1) bouncier or (2) more powerful than the SZLC or both?

No, ZJK SZLC is bouncier than the MJ SZLC.  But MJ SZLC has better control when it comes to counter-looping.  ZJK SZLC is too stiff while MJ SZLC is softer. Wink
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 1:58am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

What rubbers did the Germans say they were using ?
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 2:30am
Hi,
me and my friend ordered some JM-SZLC since he have been using right from the start ZJ-SZLC he still think that it offer better control.

However probably because of the weigft or other factor he describe JMZC as faster blade.

For me i am coming from KLS.
i found mizutani with worst control compared to KLS.
but mizutanni got this "ZAP" when you topspin the ball which give you a incredible feel and really spin the ball hell out of it....
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 2:48am
And yes my right hand is full of blisters.
this handle is really uncomfortable...-FL one
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 5:36am
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

And yes my right hand is full of blisters.
this handle is really uncomfortable...-FL one

Yes i have the same problem especially the middle finger but i fix it with athlete tape or if you want you can sand it in the neck a little bit....i have the same problem with my amultart and other zlc blades
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 6:59am
Originally posted by powerhouse powerhouse wrote:

Originally posted by High_Arc High_Arc wrote:

Originally posted by bschap bschap wrote:

apologies if this has already been covered...how does the grip compare to the original JM ZLC blade?  Same exact shape and size?

yes, there is no difference w.r.t. the shape of ST handles, FL handles and blade face between the regular Mizutani ZLC and the new Mizutani SZLC.

Isn't the New Mizutani SZLC blade thickness is 5.8mm vs the regular Mizutani blade thickness 5.7mm that would the handle feel a littler bigger feel?

I just measured them and the MJ SZLC is 5.8mm while MJ ZLC is 5.75mm. 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 4:10pm
To everyone who has contributed to this thread:
AngryAngryAngry

89g FL ordered. Should be interesting as I have another limba-outered SZLC blade (Xiom Vea Pro - that's about $175 less expensive) coming in as well.

I loved the SZLC and was sorry that I let it go (wish that I hadn't). My expectations (from reading) are that the MJ version as slightly worse control and is a bit faster.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 4:11pm
Liulin,
How flexible does it feel?
kucharski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kucharski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 11:52am
To the gentlemen who are using mizutani szlc can you guys compare it to the regular Jm zlc in terms of speed, feel and comfortability?tnx in advance! :-:-)
Impossible is really impossible
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 12:55pm

Liulin,
How flexible does it feel?

The blade has some flex to it, although not as flexible as Viscaria or TB ALC, but the soft touch and control make up for the decreased flex.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by kucharski kucharski wrote:

To the gentlemen who are using mizutani szlc can you guys compare it to the regular Jm zlc in terms of speed, feel and comfortability?tnx in advance! :-:-)

MJSZLC is faster than MJ, feel is better, good control and spin.  Surprisingly, the ST handle is very comfortable to play with as both Shakehand and Penhold.  FL handle is equally comfortable too.
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 5:33am
Anyone can compare mizutani SZLC to DHS W968 or W997 ? I play with W997 and find it not so faster. ZLC Mizu made feel me like an atomic weapon... but not controllable enough. 
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 6:13am
i actually found my TBS faster than my MJ SZLC.

limjo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 7:08pm

I was actually following this thread because of my interest with MJ SZLC but when I see this comment that " TBS is faster than JM SZLC " just could not hold my SILENCE. On this website http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/, 83 reviewers rated TBS on speed as 8.4/10 whilst 34 reviewers rated the older JM ZLC as 9.5/10 which I believe is slower than SZLC. Even Liulin said about the JM SZLC to quote " It has the speed of the Timo Boll T5000 Carbon ". Now if 19 reviewers rated the speed of the Timo Boll T5000 Carbon speed as 9.6/10, then how could TBS be faster than MJ SZLC ????
Do you think 83 users of TBS who only rated it in speed as 8.4 of 10 are all wrong and t64t64t64 is right. I think this needs more EXPLAINATION from t64t64t64 or you may be using a rocket rubber on TBS and a baby pad like rubber on JM SZLC.

Edited by limjo - 08/23/2014 at 10:52pm
My feedback link:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65760&title=limjo-buy-sell-trade-feedback
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 11:56pm
Bouncing the ball on the MJ-SZLC produced a WAY higher rebound than I got by bouncing the ball on the JRE.

Uh-Oh! Definitely OFF+!

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 12:42am
I would say a large part depends on the rubbers. I have an old tag TBS with T05 and JM SZLC with T64. The TBS is indeed faster, but I know the reason. It is bought used and belong to some pro player before so it is probably boosted. Ball bounce much higher than my new T64. I actually found JM SZLC kind of slow initially, mostly because of my high expectation of its insane speed many talk about. But after a game or two it start to shine. It has great control in short game, and yet you can go up in speed and spin so effortlessly. Solid and crisp most of the time, and slight flex with right amount of vibration and feel when hitting hard. A great blade indeed.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 1:08am
Originally posted by powerhouse powerhouse wrote:

Isn't the New Mizutani SZLC blade thickness is 5.8mm vs the regular Mizutani blade thickness 5.7mm that would the handle feel a littler bigger feel?

My MJ-SZLC is 5.72mm thick (very close to MJ's thickness) but the handle definitely feels a bit thicker.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 1:46am
Originally posted by limjo limjo wrote:

I was actually following this thread because of my interest with MJ SZLC but when I see this comment that " TBS is faster than JM SZLC " just could not hold my SILENCE. On this website http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/, 83 reviewers rated TBS on speed as 8.4/10 whilst 34 reviewers rated the older JM ZLC as 9.5/10 which I believe is slower than SZLC. Even Liulin said about the JM SZLC to quote " It has the speed of the Timo Boll T5000 Carbon ". Now if 19 reviewers rated the speed of the Timo Boll T5000 Carbon speed as 9.6/10, then how could TBS be faster than MJ SZLC ????
Do you think 83 users of TBS who only rated it in speed as 8.4 of 10 are all wrong and t64t64t64 is right. I think this needs more EXPLAINATION from t64t64t64 or you may be using a rocket rubber on TBS and a baby pad like rubber on JM SZLC.

Well said! I was wondering why he would say tbs faster than mj szlc
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 2:58am
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

I would say a large part depends on the rubbers. I have an old tag TBS with T05 and JM SZLC with T64. The TBS is indeed faster, but I know the reason. It is bought used and belong to some pro player before so it is probably boosted. Ball bounce much higher than my new T64. I actually found JM SZLC kind of slow initially, mostly because of my high expectation of its insane speed many talk about. But after a game or two it start to shine. It has great control in short game, and yet you can go up in speed and spin so effortlessly. Solid and crisp most of the time, and slight flex with right amount of vibration and feel when hitting hard. A great blade indeed.

Spoton TurboZ,

I have 3 blades,all of the them are with the same rubber.

TBS,KLS,JM SZLC.

Best speed i have with TBS. (
Best dwell&control with KLS.

However with this jun i just feel they put the right vibrations and the right stifness.
mine is 5.8mm.

I dont care what some people put in tabletennisdb.
90% of these comments are bull****.
The feeling of TBS is just crispier than mizutani.
But mine TBS belongs to a professional player.
It has no stams or whatsoever.
Maybe thats the reason.

why we need to argue,i havent said that mizutani is a bad blade.

its quite good, im using it.

Stay happy guys,dont be haters.

limjo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 3:41am

Spoton TurboZ,

TBS,KLS,JM SZLC.

However with this jun i just feel they put the right vibrations and the right stifness.
mine is 5.8mm.

Maybe thats the reason.

t64t64t64,

Thanks for your opinion why you think TBS is faster than JM SZLC. First of all I/We do not hate you, we are all bros here expressing an opinion. But we should be careful to express what we say since up and coming members are looking up at what we say.

Now since you mentioned that you are using the same rubbers on TBS & JM SZLC, I have this feeling that your TBS is not the same as the commercially sold TBS in the market. Since your TBS came from a Pro and they can customize their blade, how do you know that your wood is actually from Timo Boll T5000 carbon or other faster blades but with the handle and stamp of TBS?

Edited by limjo - 08/24/2014 at 3:48am
My feedback link:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65760&title=limjo-buy-sell-trade-feedback
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 4:13am
I have played once with a TBS which was similar speed to MJSZLC, very stiff, bouncy and powerful. But I have played more than 10 other TBS which were all slower and much more flexible.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 8:48pm
Did I read somewhere that it was tricky to use in the short game?  (that may have been on TTdb).  Anyone know why it might be tricky?
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 4:24am

Did I read somewhere that it was tricky to use in the short game?  (that may have been on TTdb).  Anyone know why it might be tricky?
The JM SZLC is a dynamic and fast blade. In the short game it doesn't feel as dead as an ALC blade (it is also a lot more lively in the open game). Short game behaviour is similar to the regular MJ ZLC. Many people think that this is too fast and bouncy with respect to the short game.
I personally have always prefered the original MJ for serve and receive over an ALC blade for it's "better touch/ felling". The MJ SZLC is a tad faster than the regular MJ but offers even "better feeling" in my opinion. In terms of feeling, it is the nicest blade I've ever played with, but due to it's speed and dynamics it's not easy to play with it (but it is a whole lot of fun).
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by High_Arc High_Arc wrote:

The JM SZLC is a dynamic and fast blade. In the short game it doesn't feel as dead as an ALC blade (it is also a lot more lively in the open game). Short game behaviour is similar to the regular MJ ZLC. Many people think that this is too fast and bouncy with respect to the short game.
I personally have always prefered the original MJ for serve and receive over an ALC blade for it's "better touch/ felling". The MJ SZLC is a tad faster than the regular MJ but offers even "better feeling" in my opinion. In terms of feeling, it is the nicest blade I've ever played with, but due to it's speed and dynamics it's not easy to play with it (but it is a whole lot of fun).

+1 except that I prefer the ALC blades for receive but that is very subjective. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 7:13pm

Spoton TurboZ,

TBS,KLS,JM SZLC.

mine is 5.8mm.

Maybe thats the reason.

I don't hate the blade, I am waiting a good man to send me one for test Hug
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 10:18pm
Be careful with blades which were owned by a pro player. They can be really different and more powerful than the commercial ones. And a heavy spirit or viscaria can be very fast. An ALC blade can seem faster also because it's more dynamic on little contacts. The ZLC mizutani is really fast when hitting harder with it, on little contact it's not as dynamic as a viscaria, I feel.
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx
pepinho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 3:03am
The blade is amazing. Great control and power. The sound even with T05 BH/FH is a little pingy that I didn't like. The price.... is pricey. If the money are not problem, go for it. I will have to sell some of my jewels (Viscaria, Maze and Mizutani Jun ZLC) if I want to to afford it. I'm still thinking...
MJ ZLC • D09C • D09C
===
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74522&title=feedback-pepinho
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 9:45am
Just received my blade.

Blade feels nice and looks perfect.
Will be trying it tonight in a tournament with last seasons Tenergy 05 in 2.1 and Tenergy 64 in 1.9.

One thing that I did find was that the box say its a 5ply, while the back of the box clearly shows every layer of the MJ SZLC and there are 2 handle pieces and 7 plies. LOL

Since I cant train alot atm, I will give a review as soon as I feel im ready to.
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 10:46am
I have been playing with JM SZLC for few weeks now and had JM before. Using Tenergy 05 2.1 on both sides

Few things I can say:
1. Control is very good from all over the racket
2. I can still produce good spin in my serves, very important to me
3. Backhand topspins are lot more powerful
4. Forehand topspins are more consistent and powerful, still to explore adding more spin as I used to. Though I think I need more spin but when I see the difficulty opponents are having in blocking my topspin, spin may already be there.
5. Finishing points with power is easy
6. Short ball control is amazing
7. Counters, smashes are very consistent
8. Backhand jabs are very powerful, more like smashes
9. Need more rotation to bring same spin in chiquita backhand on the table lift. Still to get the same feel I got from JM, however it may be due to less time spent on practicing this shot recently.
10. I got surprised at the rackets control when I changed shots suddenly, for example playing topspin on topspin from mid distance and suddenly ball moved to a region I can not reach and was forced to chop to make safe ball return, the shot felt so easy and controlled, did not get this feeling with any other racket before.
11. Blocking is much easier, very forgiving racket if the ball hits outside of middle of the racket due to enlarged sweet spot.
12. Top spinning against chopper with power or spin looks easy, found it much easier to lift the deep chops
13. Can play fast on table top spins with good control.

Overall still loving the blade..more to explore with time

Edited by sunny - 08/29/2014 at 11:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic