Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LF bluefire JP02 reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LF bluefire JP02 reviews
    Posted: 06/07/2014 at 11:44pm
anyone try it yet?

Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Sponsored Links

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2014 at 5:02am
Not be available before July
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
roulage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roulage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2014 at 6:40am
Tested 2 days ago. First impression very good. JP02 has very good speed and is quite springy, but not extremely. Still good control. More speed and catapult effect than JP03. The sponge hardness is 45° but real feeling is softer (in level about 42°like S2 or Ventus spin). I suppose this rubber has a chance to be a very popular one.
Photino+Andro Plaxon
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 12:24am
how does it compare to M2? i preferred the M2 tenergy-like spin kick over JP series' linearity. 

Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 3:19pm
I've just prepared 2 JRE setups for training tomorrow. One with JP03/JP02, and one JP02/JP01. All 2.0mm, all brand new. Should be a reasonable way of comparing the JP range.

However, when gluing up the immediate thing I noticed was JP02's sponge. It's not like the tight pores of JP01 or JP03. JP02 is large, open-pored, like the original Bluefire M series (but without the tuner smell), or JP01 Turbo. My initial guess is that this is a softer version of JP01 Turbo (so, JP02 Turbo????), rather than a genuine effort to just stick something in the product line in between JP01 and JP03. The JP topsheet on an untuned (or lower-tune) M2 sponge?

All guesswork at this stage, but I can't see it being halfway between JP01 and JP03 in playing properties.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 6:35pm
So, I had a good 3 hour session with JP02 tonight.

roulage has it right - it's faster than JP03, and JP01 for that matter. The top-end speed is impressive, without being a total cannon. It has some proportion of the slingy, snappy feel of old-gen tensors to me (PME, Acuda, that kind of gen), without feeling really bouncy, and retaining the solid short game from the current gen. Throw is medium-ish - lower than JP01 and JP03, but higher than JP01 Turbo.

The topsheet feel is the same as JP03 to me - smooth, grabby. It's really easy to load the spin up with simple, sharp, wristy shots. Short pushes and flips are really impressive. I had a LOT of confidence with active service returns (BH banana returns were highly effective).

The 45 deg sponge and topsheet gives an overall feel of a softer rubber. Again, like roulage said, more like 42 deg. However, it resisted bottoming out really well (far better than a true 42 deg sponge), and had a nice *crack* sound on harder hits.

On medium/high effort shots it feels quite elastic, with a big speed kick. It's not as linear as the other JPs - the top end is faster. It's a little too low throw overall for my FH, but it feels like the ultimate BH rubber to me. Slow shots have great spin, everything else has good speed. Punches well. Blocks well, but it's a bit sensitive when receiving really big, heavy loops. JP03's lower overall speed makes it easier in this area, and I'm not used to having to be really careful. A small adjustment, but the trade-off is better performance away from the table, and more penetration generally. At this early stage, it feels well worth sinking time into JP02.

kurokami - it has a great low-speed grab, very much like M2. In the middle gears, M2 is better for spin IMO. M2 also throws a lot higher. JP02 is more linear than M2, but less than JP03/01.

As a side-note, I guess that JP02 would be a better fit for the 40+ ball than JP03. It's pumped up in all the right areas. It seems to share a lot of characteristics with Omega V Euro, but is more spin-focussed, and slower overall. OVE is a handful in comparison. I prefer JP02 more.

So, yeah. Early days, but really impressive. I liked JP01T at this stage as well though, but after 2-3 sessions I disliked it, so pinch of salt and all that.
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

It seems to share a lot of characteristics with Omega V Euro, but is more spin-focussed, and slower overall. OVE is a handful in comparison. I prefer JP02 more. 

Which rubber comes closest to Omega V Pro in this series or any other brands?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 5:11am
Originally posted by viva viva wrote:

It seems to share a lot of characteristics with Omega V Euro, but is more spin-focussed, and slower overall. OVE is a handful in comparison. I prefer JP02 more. 

Amongst the Bluefires, probably JP01, but it's a stretch. OVP has a different feel - the sponge feels more punchy and definite to me (even though they should be similar, if not identical, hardnesses), and the topsheet grip is higher. JP01 is easier to use though, and less reactive to spin (esp in the short game).

I've tried Rasant Grip for 10 minutes on someone else's blade, and it seemed quite close to OVP. That's not much to go on, I admit...
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 5:37am

Amongst the Bluefires, probably JP01, but it's a stretch. OVP has a different feel - the sponge feels more punchy and definite to me (even though they should be similar, if not identical, hardnesses), and the topsheet grip is higher. JP01 is easier to use though, and less reactive to spin (esp in the short game).

I've tried Rasant Grip for 10 minutes on someone else's blade, and it seemed quite close to OVP. That's not much to go on, I admit...

I just love the feel of OVP and wnat to make sure that I always have a replacement for it just in case it gets discontinued.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 6:02am

I just love the feel of OVP and wnat to make sure that I always have a replacement for it just in case it gets discontinued.

Always a worry, especially since Xiom don't have it on their website. Rasant Grip is a reasonable, bright green alternative.
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 9:23am

Always a worry, especially since Xiom don't have it on their website. Rasant Grip is a reasonable, bright green alternative.

true even timtts is not carrying it anymore Confused will look at rasant grip in the future.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 2:39pm
I tried JP02 2.0 for 1 session over the weekend. AndySmith's review was pretty much spot-on.
It is very fast & powerful from mid-distance. It has a harder sponge and a softer topsheet as compared to M2. Unlike M2, it does not bottom off on mid-distance strokes (in this, JP02 2.0 is markedly better than even M2 max). Low throw, very linear - hence it works great for blocking / punching / counters. Additionally, to me, it also felt like a very good FH rubber.

The most surprising attribute to me was how good it was in serving. This is perhaps because of the soft topsheet, but I prefer JP02 for serving to most new ESN tensors (or, at least, it works for my serves). I had no problem keeping spinny high toss serves short. 

So, who is this not for:
  1. those who prefer high throw for the side they were thinking of replacing with JP02 (either FH or BH)
  2. those that want the easiest spin: newer tensors like Evolution series, Omega V series and the JP series don't offer high spin on tiny racket movements (but offer great spin overall assuming that you have a good stroke). Despite this, if you're using this on the BH, you do get v good spin at the table due to the soft topsheet. On FH, assuming that you have the natural larger strokes, you get great spin
  3. those for whom the high speed might be an issue (I though the speed was at Tenergy 64 level - execpt that unlike T64, it wasn't that bouncy on slow strokes)
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 6:59am
Thanks slevin!

Your review inspired me to put JP02 back on my backup blade last night. I'm using a slower blade now compared to my first experience with it, and it works really well. The high speed has been tamed somewhat, but all the usual technical bits need to be worked on.

I like JP03 a lot for its ability to lift and roll backspin when over the table, but it lacks power when putting the ball away. JP02 has the power, but feels more demanding to me when close in...
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 1:17pm
I have tried it for one session, I can agree it's very fast and powerful from mid-distance, however I did have some problems with the control in the short game even though i tried it with a pretty slow and controlled blade. Disapprove
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Fehrplay Fehrplay wrote:

<div style="text-align: left;">I have tried it for one session, I can agree i<span style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">t's very fast and powerful from mid-distance, however I did have some problems with the control in the short game even though i tried it with a pretty slow and controlled blade. Disapprove</span>

Yes, this is the question mark here really. I found that staying active and going after every shot was really effective with JP02, but that was probably just avoiding the short game issue entirely. I might go into a league match on Friday with it to see how it performs under a bit of pressure. If it doesn't work out, I'll switch back to my main JP03 blade.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 1:35pm
I tried it in 2.0 on a thin OFF- blade. What was said about it above is right. The main difference to plain M2 is that the dwell time is less and it can be used with a shorter topspin stroke plus the topsheet is harder. Overall, it is a step forward from M2 in the aspects of offensive play but not a huge enough leap to make it a totally different rubber. The first few topspins coming from it surprised me because the ball followed a flatter trajectory than what I was used to from my partner.

The M series and the JP01 and 03 rubbers hold the ball a fraction of the second longer than I need and this is the area where the JP02 has been improved. That is not to say that it is better than M2, I am sure there will be people who will still prefer M2. It lacks the dead feel of JP01 that I completely dislike. I think it goes well with composite blades.

My wish for Donic is to produce a rubber line along the lines of this feel and behaviour. If they put a harder sponge under it could be a good all out offensive weapon. In its current form it is only an OFF rubber which would suit a lot of people on the backhand and could prove useful on the forehand too but it is not on the speed level of M1. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2014 at 8:47am
My max sheet earlier this week and I have played about 6 hours with it.

It is very good, the main thing that makes it stand it is the arc it can produce. It is rather easy to counterloop off the table. Good spin. I am going to use max on my FH and I just ordered a 2.0 red for my BH. In my opinion it beats all of the M series and it is an improved version of JP01 which is not really of much use to me.

Interesting thing is that - as was pointed out here above - it does not smell of booster and in spite of that it gives a perfect feel.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2014 at 9:59am
Plastic or celluloid, Hans?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2014 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Plastic or celluloid, Hans?

Celluloid - our league has not shifted to plastic yet.
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 8:40am
Hi chaps, would you be able to compare the JP02 to the Joola Maxxx 450, in particular for the BH?

Mains areas I'm interested in: short game, blocking, flicking and looping ability and general speed. Not too worried about mid-distance.

Thanks!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 10:58am
My JP02 went dead in a very short time into using it. I stopped using it and now that I have tried all of the JP family I can say that their lifespan is very short. The M series hold up a lot better so I would advise anyone against buying any JP.

As to the Maxxx 450 vs JP02, they are a very different speed category and this manifests in the way they behave at low impact. The Joola has heaps more tension built in and therefore tolerates errors to a much lesser extent because the dwell time is noticeably shorter compared to JP02.

The Maxxx 450 is basically the same as regular Explode, only a very little tighter. The JP02 is much lazier and requires more effort in all areas but has a better tolerance.

Maxxx 450 blocks better than the Donic but you may have more control on flicks and and the short game with the latter.

General speed: the Joola wins here, my only grief is that it lacks good spin on loops because it is more of a speed rubber.

Edited by Hans Regenkurt - 01/12/2015 at 11:02am
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 2:45pm
Funny you're so negative about it, I played with a JP03 for 3-4 months and it held up pretty well.

From what I remembered about it, the topsheet was very grippy, but relatively dead, which turned out quite useful for short game, as well as for thin contact loops.

It was a bit more on/off, with a wider range of speed from low gear to high gear, whereas I find the 450 fairly linear. But from your feedback the JP02's harder sponge may make up for some of it. Still doesn't reconcile with the higher gear I found for the JP03, but the greater stability is good news, that's what I was hoping for.

Also funny you think the 450 is speedy and not so spinny. I find it medium in both areas and this is actually what I like it for. Quite consensual, and I can impart more than enough of spin with it.

Thanks Hans, I'm looking forward to trying the sheet I got. I was a bit hesitant between sticking with it and getting another round of Maxxx.
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

My JP02 went dead in a very short time into using it. I stopped using it and now that I have tried all of the JP family I can say that their lifespan is very short. The M series hold up a lot better so I would advise anyone against buying any JP.

I have actually quite opposite impression of JP02. I used to play with T80fx and I can play with JP02 as long as I did with T80fx (about 2-3 months 6hours/week). JP02 needs to be re-glued every month or so tough.
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 2:30pm
SmileEverytime you post, I laugh when I see this;

"What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with styleBig smile
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 8:19am
Tongue yeah that´s a good memory form time when my feet was quicker and body flexible enough to drive hard allmost every ball with my fh. Well I still like to end points with my own attack. Nowadays I have been forced to develope a somekind of bh. Eventough it still sucks at least I can hit hard with itWink

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Tommy16 Tommy16 wrote:

Tongue yeah that´s a good memory form time when my feet was quicker and body flexible enough to drive hard allmost every ball with my fh. Well I still like to end points with my own attack. Nowadays I have been forced to develope a somekind of bh. Eventough it still sucks at least I can hit hard with itWink

Yeah that is exactly my predicament at this point in time. Getting older now and not as fast as I use to be as well as no one likes to play to mu forehand. I find that I am playing more with my backhand especially attacking shots as a matter of fact given the right ball it is downright lethal. Not where I would like it to be as yet, but given time I should have a pretty decent backhand f(hopefully 2016Smile!!)
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 2:03pm
As much as I liked JP01 which I played with up until October last year (been playing with it for about a year), I can say I still prefer M2. Bluefire M2 is a good rubber however playing Acuda S1 Turbo and recently Acuda S1 black regular version in black Max. which is a real beast of a rubber in black.

However never tried JP02..
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Dancer in the dark View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dancer in the dark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2015 at 8:18am
I also disagree with Hans; I think durability of JP03 is quite good!

I have actually quite opposite impression of JP02. I used to play with T80fx and I can play with JP02 as long as I did with T80fx (about 2-3 months 6hours/week). JP02 needs to be re-glued every month or so tough.
Postmodern defender
JSH - JP03 - P1R
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2015 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Dancer in the dark Dancer in the dark wrote:

I also disagree with Hans; I think durability of JP03 is quite good!

At this point I have to take my words back but just a little bit. I have used 4 JP02´s so far and i have to say that I understand what Hans means. When you put a fresh sheet of JP02 to your racket it is fast and spinny. However it does loose some of it´s speed and spin rather quickly. However I would say that this happens to many other rubber too. I would say that JP02 looses about 5-10% of it´s speed and spin after about 10 hours of playing. What I really like about this rubber is that when it has lost it´s peak performance it holds that 90% performance longer than for example Tenergy 80fx which keeps going worst lineary after 10 hours of use. So in my hands JP02 last longer in playable condition than Tenergy. I would say that I can play with JP02 about 50hours and Tenergy about 40 hours. That said I have to say that I like to play with the rubber which are in good condition so I change (during the playing season) rubbers when they have 80-85% of their characteristics left.

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 4:50pm
I'm looking for a couple more JP02 vs Omega V Europe comparisons as I need to place an order for my BH rubber soon

I found these two comparison (see below). However, they are conflicting.

From my recollections, OVE was spinnier but easier to bottom out. Please chime in in case you have any relative info, thanks!

As a side-note, I guess that JP02 would be a better fit for the 40+ ball than JP03. It's pumped up in all the right areas. It seems to share a lot of characteristics with Omega V Euro, but is more spin-focussed, and slower overall. OVE is a handful in comparison. I prefer JP02 more.

Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

I think OVE just slightly slower than JP02 and quite slower than RG. But I also think that OVE spinnier and has more control than the 2 others.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic