Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS 40+ Ball Pix and Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I played with the new balls three days in a row, and then last night played with the old one.  Let me just say it was awful beyond belief, my timing was so messed up.  This transition period is not going to be easy and it is not good for the sport.

Very true. It is even worst if you practice with Seamless in between. The two new balls are night and day.

Tennis players deal with this when they change balls and surfaces across tournaments.  I really think we should look at this as a way to introduce more diversity into our past time.  Since the ceulloid ball is going away, that is not an option, but we could consider the two-colored ball and the single colored ball events, for example.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 4:15pm
Our sport is a lot harder than tennis.  I think the least we can ask is a more or less standard ball.  I pray that nobody takes the suggestion seriously of having both kinds of balls in use forever.  But maybe we don't disagree that much.  I could care less about color and if they want to use two colors, that is fine too.  Different size, weight, and composition of the ball, that is just not good for the sport.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 7:04pm
On further playing with the DHS and XuShaoFa I found that the XFS seamless is more playable and is a little closer to the old ball. I have also come to dislike any plastic ball in its current form. In our league the new plastic ball will not be imposed this coming season so we are a lucky lot here.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I played with the new balls three days in a row, and then last night played with the old one.  Let me just say it was awful beyond belief, my timing was so messed up.  This transition period is not going to be easy and it is not good for the sport.

Very true. It is even worst if you practice with Seamless in between. The two new balls are night and day.

Tennis players deal with this when they change balls and surfaces across tournaments.  I really think we should look at this as a way to introduce more diversity into our past time.  Since the ceulloid ball is going away, that is not an option, but we could consider the two-colored ball and the single colored ball events, for example.

Don't know much about the situation of tennis. May be that's why they enjoy the kind of mega bucks in reward. Anyway after playing with all 3 kinds in one day, I find that it is pretty difficult, if not impossible for serious competition players to play good in all of them in random. It is annoying enough for casual players like me. It is very much like playing with a no name poor quality no star ball that does not bounce. Only this time we can't say no and throw it away.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

On further playing with the DHS and XuShaoFa I found that the XFS seamless is more playable and is a little closer to the old ball. I have also come to dislike any plastic ball in its current form. In our league the new plastic ball will not be imposed this coming season so we are a lucky lot here.

I have no gear to measure so just a guess. If the bounce of old celluloid ball is 27cm, then the new Seamless ball is like 29cm and the new Seamed ball is like 25cm. Bounce of Seamless is highest and Seamed lowest. The biggest difference is between the 2 new balls with celluloid in between. It shows in game play as well. Hard to say Seamless is closer to the old ball because they are all different in a big way, but it is true that Seamless is the most easy to play with because of its high bounce, less spin and slower speed nature.

I think if we can concentrate in only one kind of ball, say Seamed DHS, then we can all get used to it and play like before in a short time. But if there are 3 totally different balls and we have to play in random, then we will blame the lost in ball and never get to like it. The situation is pretty messy if it is the way it is.    
hithithit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hithithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 10:47pm
I like the DHS 3 star a lot except it has very poor durability compared with celluloid balls.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic