Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tutorial for Various Techniques by Olympian

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xkaboomx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xkaboomx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tutorial for Various Techniques by Olympian
    Posted: 07/08/2014 at 1:15pm
Hey guys,
I apologize that we've been slow at making new videos. However, we (Pierre-Luc Hinse and I) will have a series of new videos coming up discussing a variety of techniques, such as footwork, serve receiving, blocking, etc.

Here's the first video on the topic of active blocking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j68sQAjPmZg

Please subscribe and share!

Edited by xkaboomx - 07/08/2014 at 1:17pm
Sponsored Links

xkaboomx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xkaboomx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 11:18am
Here's another video of Pierre-Luc talking about footwork. This video focuses on how to cover long distances. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvoLvpcA_ic
xkaboomx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xkaboomx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 11:27am
Here's the latest video about returning serves from opponents that's using the opposite hand compared to you. Especially important for right handed players playing with left handed players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nEG8TpLch8

Edited by xkaboomx - 09/17/2014 at 11:28am
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 11:43am
IHMO, the latest video would be better if the camera wasn't wandering around and held unsteadily by the cameraman. It's distracting.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 12:25pm
Thanks. However, this leaves the player vulnerable to long serves to the middle or down the line (as your return won't be powerful enough to deter 3rd ball attack). One can use this option if one receives with a ZJK / Ovtcharov mentality (look to chiquita-loop almost every 1st ball) & has good footwork to return to position.

IMHO, another way is to study and study again Schlager's games against left-handers (to me, he is the unequivocal master of the receive using FH).
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Thanks. However, this leaves the player vulnerable to long serves to the middle or down the line (as your return won't be powerful enough to deter 3rd ball attack). One can use this option if one receives with a ZJK / Ovtcharov mentality (look to chiquita-loop almost every 1st ball) & has good footwork to return to position.

IMHO, another way is to study and study again Schlager's games against left-handers (to me, he is the unequivocal master of the receive using FH).

Never knew that people who haven't watched Waldner still exist... J/K.

More seriously, what he is showing is one important skill amongst many and what I like about it is that it gives you an idea of how to push reverse serves as well on the forehand side without a forehand push.  I think that while you are right about the return being passive,  you could probably add some sidespin to the ball to make it shorter, add some movement and give yourself more time to recover.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic