FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Squash shoes for TT?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Squash shoes for TT?
    Posted: 07/22/2014 at 4:55pm
Anyone has any experience using squash shoes for TT? They are also indoor court shoes, right? Should be pretty close to volleyball and badminton shoes that can also be used for TT?
Sponsored Links

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 5:01pm
I have.
A lot heavier than a regular tt shoes, and better support than tt shoes. If you play pushblocker style, I can't recommend them enough :)
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 5:05pm
Very similar to Badminton and Volley ball shoes - just think they are little heavier and long lasting than other shoes. I prefer volleyball shoes, although I'm planning to try out these new minimalist shoes, especially the New Balance ones. Just trying to find them on sales - crazy, they made with less material but still over $100.  
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

I have.
A lot heavier than a regular tt shoes, and better support than tt shoes. If you play pushblocker style, I can't recommend them enough :)

Well, I'm moving less and less so I think I'm gonna give squash shoes a try Squash shoes are generally cheaper than volleyball and badminton shoes. Maybe not by MSRP but it seems squash websites tend to have more sales..
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Very similar to Badminton and Volley ball shoes - just think they are little heavier and long lasting than other shoes. I prefer volleyball shoes, although I'm planning to try out these new minimalist shoes, especially the New Balance ones. Just trying to find them on sales - crazy, they made with less material but still over $100.  

Minimalist shoes? I guess if you like the feeling of barefoot you'll like them.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Minimalist shoes? I guess if you like the feeling of barefoot you'll like them.
Well apparently, it makes a lot of the foot problems go away, especially rolling or turning the ankle. Always thought more cushioning was best - I guess the old school TT shoes were probably very similar .... hmmm let me dig out those old Yasaka Gatient's, I discarded it because it didn't have enough cushioning!
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 9:07pm
I use squash shoes.  Hi Tec V-Lite Crosscourt.  They are good and low-to-the-ground and roomy.  Not the best grip in the world and not super light.  I am looking to switch to some new shoes...Asics probably.  Asics has a variety of "court" shoes.  Check out racquetballwarehouse.com.  Doesn't seem to be that much quality in the world of TT shoes.  Butterfly makes some shoes, but they are ultra-ultra light...meaning they don't have much durability.  Plus they are very expensive...gear for the tournament player.  
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 10:56pm
If you play on concrete, they are really great! I sometimes wear Head Speed Pro II. However, they are heavy - one shoe is 440 g. For tournament play my Donic Waldner Flex are much better. 
I tried to purchase fancier TT shoes online, but have always had a problem finding the right size.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
mark20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 12:44am
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/annexsp/item/tvr458/

Check out this link
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 1:30am
Tried once these

Excellent support and very comfortable.
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 9:51am
Originally posted by bschap bschap wrote:

I use squash shoes.  Hi Tec V-Lite Crosscourt.  They are good and low-to-the-ground and roomy.  Not the best grip in the world and not super light.  I am looking to switch to some new shoes...Asics probably.  Asics has a variety of "court" shoes.  Check out racquetballwarehouse.com.  Doesn't seem to be that much quality in the world of TT shoes.  Butterfly makes some shoes, but they are ultra-ultra light...meaning they don't have much durability.  Plus they are very expensive...gear for the tournament player.  

I have Hi Tec badminton shoes.  Not impressed for table tennis.  Probably not great for badminton either.
Asics are way better  ... fit, support, quality.
tropic1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropic1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 11:14am
I have tried the Yonex SHB 800 MYEX and they finally started tearing towards the front outer toe box on both sides, I had them for a little less than a year. I use Footsteps orthotics because of my plantar fasciitis. My next shoe I am currently using is the Adidas BT Boom and they more roomy than the Yonex even with the orthotic inside. If that doesn't work out I'll try out Victor SH-8500D which says wider in the toe box area. The website I shop on is http://badmintondirect.com/.
Main Blade - BTY Viscaria - FH BtyT05 Max/BH Bty T80 Max
BBC Hinoki Ghost - FH/BH Bty T05FX

Blade - Donic Waldner Ultra Senso Carbon AN - Rakza 7 Max/Tenergy 05FX Max
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 1:05pm
Saw several recommendations on this board of this shoes for TT.
So, I bought a pair about 7 months ago and I am very happy about this shoes.
It is neither light nor heavy.  Btw, if the shoe is too light, it won't last.

This shoe is well made, I can tell it will last a long long time.

ASICS Men's GEL-Rocket 6 Volleyball Shoe

ASICS Mens GEL-Rocket 6 Volleyball Shoe,Black/Silver,12 M US

Edited by skip3119 - 07/23/2014 at 1:06pm
skip3119
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 1:17pm
I've had my Mizuno Wave Bolt volleyball shoes for a couple of months now and love them.  Great traction, comfort and durability.  I've played on three types of floors and haven't slipped once.
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Saw several recommendations on this board of this shoes for TT.
So, I bought a pair about 7 months ago and I am very happy about this shoes.
It is neither light nor heavy.  Btw, if the shoe is too light, it won't last.

This shoe is well made, I can tell it will last a long long time.

ASICS Men's GEL-Rocket 6 Volleyball Shoe

ASICS Mens GEL-Rocket 6 Volleyball Shoe,Black/Silver,12 M US

ll

Unfortunately this shoe has been discontinued, replaced by rocket 7 for $65.
those who bought them on closeout, got them as low as $35.
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 3:09pm
sorry, double post

Edited by pdotec - 07/23/2014 at 3:10pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 4:34pm
From Amazon.com.

ASICS Women's GEL-Rocket 6 Volleyball Shoe.

Is this shoe for WOMAN only?  Man can not wear it?
It is at least $15 cheaper than man's version.

ASICS Womens GEL-Rocket 6 Volleyball Shoe,White/Silver,7.5 M US

==================================================================
Below is Man's version, at least $15 more expensive.

ASICS Men's GEL-Rocket 6 Volleyball Shoe.

ASICS Mens GEL-Rocket 6 Volleyball Shoe,White/Black/Silver,6 M US
skip3119
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 4:37pm
what i have noticed is:  (for mizuno, asics, anyway) women's models offer more colors, and are probably built slightly more narrow then the men's versions, although the ability to select width might take care of that

and they ARE usually cheaper then the men's models

:)
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 4:42pm
At Amazon, for ASICS Gel Rocket 6:  Woman's version is much cheaper than Men's version.

See my post above (with pictures).

You can save money (save $15 or more) by buying woman's version.
Problem:  Your club members may laugh their teeth off if you wear woman's version shoes.
See my posted pictures above.
========================

Honestly, I can not tell the difference. (Why that cheaper one is for woman only.)

Edited by skip3119 - 07/23/2014 at 4:48pm
skip3119
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

At Amazon, for ASICS Gel Rocket 6:  Woman's version is much cheaper than Men's version.

See my post above (with pictures).

You can save money (save $15 or more) by buying woman's version.
Problem:  Your club members may laugh their teeth off if you wear woman's version shoes.
See my posted pictures above.
========================

Honestly, I can not tell the difference. (Why that cheaper one is for woman only.)

I didn't think of that. What about the size difference? What's men's size 8 in women's?
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

I have.

Well, I'm moving less and less so I think I'm gonna give squash shoes a try Squash shoes are generally cheaper than volleyball and badminton shoes. Maybe not by MSRP but it seems squash websites tend to have more sales..

ya, I got mine when it was on sale as well. I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. When I mean 'pushblocker' style, I mean Olivier Mader style.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic