Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Where to buy Feint Long III in 1.1mm?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ckhirnigs113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to buy Feint Long III in 1.1mm?
    Posted: 07/24/2014 at 2:43pm
I have tried both available sponge thicknesses of Feint Long 3 (0.5mm and 1.3mm) and have come to the conclusion that I want something in between the two. I see that Butterfly makes a 1.1mm version, but it is not available to purchase in the US. Is there anywhere I can find this specific sponge thickness, or have Butterfly's strict export rules made it impossible? I appreciate any help or information. Thanks, CK

Edited by ckhirnigs113 - 07/24/2014 at 2:43pm
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita FL
FH: Xiom Vega Japan MAX
BH: TSP P-1R 1.0mm
USATT Rating: 1947
Sponsored Links

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2014 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by ckhirnigs113 ckhirnigs113 wrote:

I have tried both available sponge thicknesses of Feint Long 3 (0.5mm and 1.3mm) and have come to the conclusion that I want something in between the two. I see that Butterfly makes a 1.1mm version, but it is not available to purchase in the US. Is there anywhere I can find this specific sponge thickness, or have Butterfly's strict export rules made it impossible? I appreciate any help or information. Thanks, CK

Yeah, you're basically screwed. If Butterfly NA (butterflyonline.com) doesn't carry it, it doesn't exist to you.

Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Originally posted by ckhirnigs113 ckhirnigs113 wrote:

Yeah, you're basically screwed. If Butterfly NA (butterflyonline.com) doesn't carry it, it doesn't exist to you.

Butterfly does not allow other countries to ship their products to the US.

If you email Butterfly USA they can probably help. It may be more expensive or take a while.
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2014 at 3:22pm
I guess I'll try emailing Butterfly NA. Otherwise I would need to get some help from a forum member that lives in a place that carries it. 
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2014 at 3:19pm
quite a difference between 0.5 and 1.3 version of this rubber,I don`t think there will be much of a difference between the 1.1 and 1.3 and it`s probably not worth the expense,on Donic Defplay I much prefer the 0.5 over the 1.1 which probably needs a stiffer blade and is a bit bouncy on the Defplay,the blade has enough flex for heavy backspin with the thinner sponge imo
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 12:07pm
I go back and forth myself on which sponge I like better. I do think I have a bit more control with the 0.5mm though, so I may stick with that if I never get my hands on the 1.1mm.
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 5:06pm
just to add I feel there is a difference between the black and red ,I have both and it seems the black is a little softer/slower/spinnier , enough for me to move over to red with the smooth rubber on f/h

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2014 at 9:14am
Your comparison of black vs red makes me want to stick with black even more. Do you prefer more the red sheet because it is faster?
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2014 at 4:07pm
sorry I confused you I prefer the black sheet especially when over the table pushing,there is more backspin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2014 at 4:10pm
Understood now. Looks like we both prefer black.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic