Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubber Victas VS > 401

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber Victas VS > 401
    Posted: 07/30/2014 at 1:25pm
any one used Rubber Victas VS > 401 before?
what about it is specification and it is matching with victas matsushita koji bladeSmile
taw
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2014 at 10:37pm
I've been using it for about 6 months, and I love it. It's en extremely spinny rubber.
It's got a firm sponge with a soft, very elastic and mildly tacky topsheet. Although it's meant to be a choppers rubber, it loops very well offering good speed and very high spin.
I've not tried it with that blade, I'm using it on a re-impact blade, which seems a really good match.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 4:02am
thanks...
is Victas VS > 401 working well with victas matsushita koji blade ?
taw
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 8:33pm
I would think it's probably designed for that, but as I said, I've not tried it.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2014 at 11:02am
many many thanksssssssssssssssClap
taw
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2014 at 11:17am
i would lick to try Victas VS > 401 black FH and TSP curl p4 red BH with victas matsushita koji blade
i think that racket well do in chopper and counter attack
what dose you think?
taw
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2014 at 9:07pm
if I want a chopping setup, that probably is what I would get.  Except I would get the P4 in black and the inverted in red - just personal preference.
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2014 at 7:01am
i think the black FH rubber is more tacky and spiny than red one
taw
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2014 at 8:18am
Originally posted by TAW TAW wrote:

i think the black FH rubber is more tacky and spiny than red one

Yes I think so too.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2014 at 9:02am
i think that combination  Victas VS > 401 black rubber FH and TSP curl p4 red BH with victas matsushita koji blade are  good for  chopper and aggressive counter attack Thumbs Up
taw
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 5:57am
Here is my detailed review of the Victas VS>401 rubber. It's easily my favourite rubber to date! Hug

Happy to answer any questions, as I've been using it for a few months now, and have tried all 3 sponge thicknesses.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
zhijie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhijie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 9:38am
Anyone knows what is the uncut weight? Thx

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 12:37am
I didn't take a measure, but it's quite heavy...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
zhijie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhijie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 2:01am
Ok. Thanks.

tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 4:22am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Here is my detailed review of the Victas VS>401 rubber

Great review, Haggisv!  Clap
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 6:44am
very nice and professional effort  haggisv ClapBig smile
taw
BB-Big View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB-Big Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 9:47am
I would like to know more about this rubber. Can you compare its offensive capabilities to the other modern offensive tensor rubbers or Chinese rubbers?
Thanks.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2021 at 11:33pm
Thread resurrect! I want to comment on the 401 because I think a lot of non-choppers overlook this beast. Xiom's Vega Def is similar but with more speed. 

I am not a chopper by any means and play a pretty standard two-wing looper style with love for the backhand, flicking, fast blocking and dynamic short game. Yes, the 401 is made for choppers, but the specs of this rubber seamed right up my alley as I really don't like bouncy rubbers and missed the fast blocking of Euro/Jap rubbers when using Chinese rubbers. I play shakehand and penhold equally well.

I train regularly with a friend my level (1700-1800?), a 2000 level player and a 2300 level player. My findings were consistent against all three players.

First, I tried it on a 10mm single-ply Jpen. Serves were brutally spinny, opening loops were unmanagable for opponents, and it is probably the easiest rubber to use in controlling any incoming spin or power that I've tried. It is not a fast rubber unless one uses their body well and the throw is relatively low but not unbearable, which for me is perfect. In counterlooping I have never had so many loops dive as hard off the end of the table as with the 401.

Then I tried it on a shakehand Victas Dynam Seven (~6.0mm Clipper composition). The spin was multiplied further probably due to a bit more flex than the thick hinoki blade. The 2300 player greatly struggled returning my serves and opening loops, which has never a problem for him for years. The same applied to the 2000 player even though he is a great blocker. He has been really nervous against me lately. 

I've EJ'ed through who knows how many rubbers, Euro/Jap and Chinese. Before the 401 the spinniest rubbers I played were MX-S, H3 Pro Turbo Orange and Skyline TG2 Neo. 401 tops them all. Not even a question for me. MX-S is usually my go-to rubber, but 401 feels much better as it is not so crispy and more supple. 

The topsheet is the nicest looking and feeling top I have seen. 

Also, it's probably the heaviest rubber I've used, but with the move to much harder sponges (401 being 57 ESN degrees) I don't think this one should be overlooked, especially for those who don't like extreme speeds.

Edited by DLC1325 - 03/06/2021 at 11:48pm
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2021 at 7:58am
Cheers, I'm glad you found your weapon of choice.
I see the victas used successfully on mid level allrounders and even high level defenders these days. Vega DEF user here. As you say very similar rubbers, but vega DEF is much faster, especially when boosted. 
However, humidity makes the victas unusable and it dies after 3-4 months. My Def seems to last forever on the other hand. I also tried too many rubbers, used mainly Chinese ones, but I have to say, except boosted blue sponges, nothing rivals those two. So if you factor in price, it's a no brainer, less boosting annoyance, initial cost same, longer service life.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2021 at 3:54pm
I have never found a use for boosting. Chinese rubbers are the perfect speed for me except in passive blocking, so I had to give 401 a try and it's great since there is no tack to slow the block rebound. Best of both worlds. The very first few hits with it I thought "Oh yes! The control!". Beer
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2021 at 4:54am
I find it to have plenty of speed in 2.0mm. If you clean after use, and use adhesive protection sheets, it's actually quite durable, I get at least 6 months out of it. Adhesive protection sheets make a big difference, it really helps to preserve the topsheet surface.

Edited by haggisv - 03/16/2021 at 5:00am
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
p3v56yahoocom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3v56yahoocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2021 at 9:39pm
I have used 10+ sheets of 401.  It's an easy transition coming from years of using H3.  I have tried many other high grip ESN rubbers.  Nothing comes close to 401.  The grippiness of 401 allows me to loop close to the table balls with the brush stroke.   Speed wise, it's a OK.  It's by no means a speed monster.  My style is forehand-oriented, playing a high spin game with lots of running around.  On average, each sheet of 401 lasted about 2 months playing two hours per week.  Three months would be pushing it.  It's a very nice rubber often overlooked by loopers!      
Rinforzando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 9:20am
Why did you change your H3 to VS401 ? Can you compare them (speed, spin, hardness...) ? It would be really helpful
Blade: Nblades power plant 1 ply Hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2
p3v56yahoocom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3v56yahoocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 5:26pm
I play with 401 without boosting.  I like that way that 401 gives extra oomph with no boost.  The speed is less than H3 with heavy boosting.  Likewise, the spin of 401 is less than a sheet of H3 with heavy boosting.  Without boost, I can produce stronger spin with 401 than H3.  The top sheet of 401 is softer than H3.  Sponge hardness is difficult to compare since H3 has so many variants.  I do not find the 401 sponge overly hard.  There is a noticeable decrease in speed as 401 approaches the end of its life.  I guess there is a breakage of chemical bonding of some sort as it ages.  I am not a chemist.  That's just my wild guess.  Are there any chemists in this forum?  Please shed some light on this.

Interestingly, my practice partner thinks my forehand loop with H3 Pro Blue being more difficult to return than that of 401 even though H3 Pro Blue produces less spin.  It is the low bounce of H3 Pro Blue which makes the return more difficult.       
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

I see the victas used successfully on mid level allrounders and even high level defenders these days. Vega DEF user here. As you say very similar rubbers, but vega DEF is much faster, especially when boosted. 
However, humidity makes the victas unusable and it dies after 3-4 months. My Def seems to last forever on the other hand. I also tried too many rubbers, used mainly Chinese ones, but I have to say, except boosted blue sponges, nothing rivals those two. So if you factor in price, it's a no brainer, less boosting annoyance, initial cost same, longer service life.

Is Vega Def's speed as fast as usual ESN/Euro/Jap rubbers?

Is the throw similar for Vega Def and 401?

I might give Vega Def a try after I use up my 401s.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2021 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by DLC1325 DLC1325 wrote:

Yes, around as fast as the popular generation of controlled tensors (fastarc etc.) at mid impact. At high impact it's even faster. Throw should be similar, maybe vega DEF slightly higher. I'd call it the aggressive version of 401. Imagine a modern chopper playstyle that frequently goes for counter drives and fast topspin instead of chopping. Like wang yang for example. That's the optimal use case. The rubber is more powerful than a dignics 09c btw.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2021 at 10:54pm

Originally posted by DLC1325 DLC1325 wrote:

Yes, around as fast as the popular generation of controlled tensors (fastarc etc.) at mid impact. At high impact it's even faster. Throw should be similar, maybe vega DEF slightly higher. I'd call it the aggressive version of 401. Imagine a modern chopper playstyle that frequently goes for counter drives and fast topspin instead of chopping. Like wang yang for example. That's the optimal use case. The rubber is more powerful than a dignics 09c btw.

Ah, right up my alley. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic