Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boosted Classic Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boosted Classic Rubbers
    Posted: 07/31/2014 at 12:37am
Has anyone tried Boosting Classic rubbers like Coppa, Sriver, Mark V etc. How close to Tensor rubber speed are they. What did you think about their performance.
Sponsored Links

buy&sellblades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote buy&sellblades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 12:52am
i've boosted sriver, and it felts faster than most tensors that i've played with. however it had a weird feeling where it also threw the ball lower than it should have.
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 12:52am
I've tried Mark V and Sriver before with booster and while it does gain a noticeable amount of speed and spin while keeping the classic rubber type of control, they are still not as fast or spinny as tensors/tenergy, and do not have the same kind of kick that modern rubbers have.  

They also don't seem to hold their tuned effect for very long, as the boost felt like it wore off in less than 2 days of playing.  
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote buy&sellblades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 1:00am
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

I've tried Mark V and Sriver before with booster and while it does gain a noticeable amount of speed and spin while keeping the classic rubber type of control, they are still not as fast or spinny as tensors/tenergy, and do not have the same kind of kick that modern rubbers have.  

They also don't seem to hold their tuned effect for very long, as the boost felt like it wore off in less than 2 days of playing.  

completely agree, you need to tune it often, which is a pain in the ass and will make the rubbers end up costing more than the tensor anyway because of all the booster supplies you'll keep buying.
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 1:34am
Thanks guys, that saved me some time and money. I know that it is hard to make a Tensor rubber play like Tenergy but you would think that one of the other Japanese companies could come up with their own Tenergy type rubber.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote buy&sellblades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 1:42am
Originally posted by shaun729 shaun729 wrote:

Thanks guys, that saved me some time and money. I know that it is hard to make a Tensor rubber play like Tenergy but you would think that one of the other Japanese companies could come up with their own Tenergy type rubber.

there will always be new rubbers coming out with people saying "this one feels more similar to tenergy than anything else" but they either die off too quickly or it's all just a bunch of hooey. nothing feels like tenergy. that's why they're able to keep raising their prices and still manage to sell more and more of it.
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 8:55pm
I'm using Joola mambo and samba both boosted, and i flet the harder sponged manbo to play much better.
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic