Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

warning about known scammers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 3:44pm
So people know what is going on, two days ago I received a PM from one of our longest and most trusted members as follows:

Yes, so i send him [Riky] a blade first class airmail and gave him the customs number and a picture of the package...i know the package made the Czech customs long time ago...he now writes me in czech not english as i told him i need a picture of the receipt and a customs number for his package.  So i can contact us customs for this package...he has refused to provide a receipt and customs number...so i would be weary of him...lesson learned for the 3rd time on my own...will have to send the package registered on my part...but really can't do anything on their part.take care
Sponsored Links

riky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 2:04am
Nebudu nadále řešit a bránit svůj Colombo!< id="foxcub_translator_popup_win" style="visibility:;width:0px;height:0px;border:0;padding:0;">
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 5:45pm
Based on information I have now from two different MyTT members, I very strongly warn people to not buy or sell blade from riky.

He has been permanently banned as a scammer. 

I will post more information about this person soon.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2017 at 9:14pm
This scammer uses the names "Riky", "Erik" and "Petra". 

This person is actually named Erik Zegermacher from Trebon in the Czech Republic.

He has used the following IP addresses on table tennis forums.

The e-mail address he uses is: [email protected] (when he is "Erik") and [email protected] when he is "Riky".

Do not under any circumstances buy or trade for a blade with this idiot.

petra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2017 at 1:49pm
Personal data protection and disclosure on your site is in violation of data protection law for individuals, entities, and companies worldwide!

Edited by petra - 08/02/2017 at 1:50pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2017 at 3:08pm
So now you can write in English?

If you don't like it, stop committing fraud.  I have removed some of the information, but not all.

In any case, you are banned for repeatedly posting in a foreign language after being warned repeatedly.

Please don't try to come back. 

henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 2:38am
I think you removed too much information, makes it easier for him to commit fraud again, ps:
He used [email protected] when emailing with me. Also, what kind of world wide data protection law? I've newer heard of this before. (Sounds like he just want to scam some more using his wifes name)
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 2:18pm
Again, if our scammer doesn't like public shaming he shouldn't scam people.  By the way, he managed to get a message to me complaining that three members of his family have the same name (Erik), and also that somehow three generations of women in his family are named Petra!  (The implications are staggering).  Perhaps he thinks that having his crimes revealed reflects badly on them too. 

If he was concerned about that he should not have been committing what might be called mail fraud here in North America.

Note also that our scammer provided his name and address to people he scammed who then gave it to me.  I spent a few minutes with Google and found out other things, all in the public domain.  So as far as some "data law", I haven't revealed anything that can't be learned about this person from his name alone and a decent internet connection.

That said, just knowing his name and his city are enough to warn off people.  I appreciate learning about his other email address, though.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2017 at 1:08pm
Thanks to updates from members I am able to keep track of previously banned spammers who return under new names, a recurring problem that is not easy to solve.

Joe Wilmar returned as Actheroes.  Banned.

Be very very cautious of making any deal with a brand new member who have not posted anything in the forums and who contacts you by email.  Be also careful of new members who ONLY post in the For Sale section.  

The feedback section is something we provide to help people buy and sell blades more safely.  And if someone seems fishy to you, let me know.  No guarantees but I may be able to find out more. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2017 at 3:06pm
Joe Wilmar returned again as JonTargaryen.  Banned. 

I hate to have to write this, but I am going to anyway.  I would use considerable and prudent caution dealing with new members from Indonesia who do not have feedback.  If you do make a transaction, be sure to use Paypal in a way that means you can get your money back, and I would not do a trade. 

We certainly have trusted members like Avallo from Indonesia. He has been here for years and sells good blades at a good price. But I am concerned that Joe Wilmar will keep coming back with new names and I won't always be able to keep up with him.

So yes, it has come to this.

By the way, this guy's actual name is Johan Wilmar.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2017 at 5:32pm
JonTargaryen down in flames by the dragons....Don't come back again as a white walker please .....
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2017 at 6:50pm
By the way, this is the Facebook page of scammer Johan Wilmar of Surabaya, Indonesia. 

http://www.facebook.com/johan.wilmar
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2017 at 11:23pm
Pongster made a brief return as Pingpongplaya.

Seriously dude.  Stay the f%%^ away.
Avallo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2017 at 1:52am
pheew.. nearly do a transaction with ppplaya...

an indonesian tennis table maniac

MY FEEDBACK

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2017 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Avallo Avallo wrote:

pheew.. nearly do a transaction with ppplaya...

Glad I could help!
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2017 at 8:54am
Leontruong aka Leon1978 aka Nittaku2018 is a scammer.  We have put him on this list.  Those names have been banned but he will create new ones.

This scammer will push worldsports11.com and tabletennispro11.com and probably other fishy sites. He keeps creating new identities. He is Vietnamese. He claims to have a TT store in the US.  (When asked to tell us where it was, he said it was in Downtown USA).

He especially infests LF threads and the Hot Deal thread, so if you are looking for something and this guy appears on your thread, usually he will post a comment to tell you he has what you are looking for and then try to get you to go to his website to find the blade.  He claims to sell Butterfly products and cheap Tenergy.  He makes a few 2-3 word comments on other threads, perhaps trying to establish legitimacy.

Most of the fishy websites he promotes have the number 11 in them and his scam websites will show up usually as a mirror to TT11, at least on the occasions when the links actually work.  That is obviously filthy.

Don't confuse him with TT11, the vendor based in Estonia that is one of the best on the planet.

This guy is a stubborn scammer and it is not easy to keep up with him since he creates new identities every day.  Hopefully you won't see a lot of his posts because I hide them when I see them or when people point them out to me.  Still, I don't stay here 24/7 so some will appear for awhile. 

By the way, I have contacted TT11 to let them know what this guy is doing, and perhaps they can assist in stopping him.

This guy has broken numerous forum rules repeatedly.  He has also tried to scam members at Table Tennis Daily. 

Scammers need to know that mods of MyTT and TTD are friends and we cooperate a lot, especially to identify and ban scammers.  None of us consider that the forums are competing with each other, since at any time about 2/3 of our active memberships overlap.  That means that if you scam there we learn about it here, and if you scam there I will ban you here.  Same goes with OOAK forum. 

Don't deal with him.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2017 at 1:46pm
By the way, another way to know this Leon dude is a scammer is he was offering "Pro" Viscarias for $300. 

That is a load of crap.

You want a new Viscaria?  Contact an authorized dealer and specify a weight. I bought a lot of them from Megaspin and never was disappointed. Don't fall for this "pro version nonsense". 

You want a used one?  Lots of them here,  good sellers like Dean and Antuan, ProSpin, Emihet, and many others always have nice ones.  (I still thank Emihet for the two that he sold me, incredible blades both of them, and also there are other long time members here selling Viscarias you can trust, the members I listed often sell them so they stuck in my memory).
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2017 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Leontruong aka Leon1978 aka Nittaku2018 is a scammer.  We have put him on this list.  Those names have been banned but he will create new ones.

he still post items for sale under Nittaku2019
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 2:15pm
Thanks.  Yep. The same low-life worthless scammer.

he has quite a few posts.  I have deleted most.  Probably missed a bunch.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2017 at 7:59pm
There is a dispute between Chicho Fricho and Shawnnie20. I can't tell what is going on. They need resolve it along the lines that I directed them.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 11:25pm
There is a member here from Belgium who goes by Blackblade.  Or was, anyway.  He has been banned twice previously under the names Bacardi and Pokjess.  He uses IPs from all over Belgium.  He tends to get in disputes and likes to threaten all sorts of legal actions and in my opinion he is nuts.  Banned again.

His real name is CHRISTOPHE WALLEM.  Don't deal with this person no matter what name he uses.

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

There is a member here from Belgium who goes by Blackblade.  Or was, anyway.  He has been banned twice previously under the names Bacardi and Pokjess.  He uses IPs from all over Belgium.  He tends to get in disputes and likes to threaten all sorts of legal actions and in my opinion he is nuts.  Banned again.

His real name is CHRISTOPHE WALLEM.  Don't deal with this person no matter what name he uses.

Ay yay yay. So, did he actually get the blade from Thommason and was trying to get his money back also?
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 11:40pm
Not sure and don't care.  He is toast here.   He will eventually return but I will find him and ban him again.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 11:44pm
Regarding the Chicho Fricho/Shawnie dispute that emerged on a For Sale thread along with claims of scamming from Chicho -------   Shawnie has mailed the blade back to Chicho and I have seen the tracking number and the blade is on its way.  The dispute was that the blade was not in the condition it was advertised to be.  Chicho refunded the money.  Shawnie has sent the blade back.  End of story so far. 

One thing I am sure of is that Shawnie has not been trying to scam anyone.
rappes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rappes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2018 at 6:01pm
Andywang. I paid 145$ by Pay-Pal and don't respond me anymore and didn't send the Timo Boll ALC. His Pay-Pal account is [email protected]

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=81011&title=for-sale-timo-boll-alc-125-shipped

He has refund me the Money. Thanks.

Edited by rappes - 01/28/2018 at 12:13am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2018 at 12:07am
Andy Wang sent rappes a refund.

He should have gotten a tracking number and insured his packages and accounted for this in his price. Now he is the one who loses out.

Rappes was unwise to use the Paypal friends and family option.

I try to warn people but they don't listen. Repeatedly. See the stickied posts tn this section.

If you have a transaction ongoing here check your email or log in here regularly. Everybody has smartphones now. There is no excuse not to do it. People who claim they are on vacation and couldn't see PMs sent from buyers are asking people to believe in unicorns.

Last month I checked PMs here regularly from a small town deep in the Andes mountains.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2018 at 7:59pm
I need to write an addendum to the Shawnie-ChicoFicho dispute from last summer (see above). 

The bottom line is that I have banned Chico Ficho from any further activity in the For Sale section.  He is free to continue to post on the rest of the forum.

I have seen evidence that convinced me that ChicoFicho sent a blade that had been quite used, with extensive sweat stains, that he originally claimed was new in the thread where he offered the blade for sale.  Based on time line and dates at which the blade arrived in California, there is not doubt that a used blade had been shipped.  When Shawnie got the blade, he saw that it was not new, and complained.  ChicoFicho immediately accused him of scamming, which started a long exchange of comments on more than one thread, including Shawnie's feedback thread.  In the end Shanwnie returned the blade and ChicoFicho sent a refund. 

That would normally have been the end of it but subsequent PMs that ChicoFicho sent to me caused me to take this additional action, including a number of groundless accusations and his belief that Shawnie is a cheater because as a "jobless immigrant" cheating is all he is capable of.

This is just not acceptable.  Not on a forum based in North America.  This decision is final.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2018 at 12:40am
Personally, I don't know why he's still allowed on the forum at all.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 11:53am
A warning to not carry out transactions with anyone using the following names or email addresses:

tomas1cicko  his email is  [email protected]
 sara112016 the e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks for this warning from a colleague at a French TT forum.  This person was previously banned here but tends to re-emerge with different names.

His real name is Erik Zegermacher from Trebon in the Czech Republic.

He has used the following IP addresses on table tennis forums.

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2019 at 11:43am
I got scammed by HarmonicTT. first time I bought from him TB ALC, never received it and tracking he provided never show something. He said Post Office lost package and refunded money. Second time we traded blades. I shipped my blade and he received it long time ago. From tracking he provided I could see his package arrived to NY sorting center then wend back to HarmonicTT. He again blaming Post Office and says it was unavailable to deliver.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic