FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

warning about known scammers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: warning about known scammers
    Posted: 08/03/2014 at 5:16pm
This post was edited in May of 2022.  Please read.

This thread contains verified and suspected MyTT For Sale thread scammers starting around 2014.   I usually ban members permanently when their scamming is verified, so some people end up on this list after the fact.  However, I have also posted some email addresses to beware of, and also I have provided information that I have learned from moderators of other forums where scamming has occurred.  

Keep in mind is that previously identified scammers will often return under a new name, and of course with VPNs the use of IP addresses to identify them is pretty much a thing of the past.  So some of the information in this thread is still useful (for example country of origin, the methods used in the scams, etc.).  

Note that sometimes I need to keep lines of communications open and so cannot ban people immediately in every instance.  

The best way to use this thread is to go to the end (the most recent) and then work your way backwards.  If you have reason to suspect you are being scammed, let me know.  But for entertainment purposes you can read from here downwards see some of the strange stuff that has happened over the years.

Edited by Baal - 05/27/2022 at 7:16am
Sponsored Links

viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 6:15pm
thanks, I was thinking of buying something from Buys&SellsBlades
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 8:40pm
I hope all members will be careful with how they use paypal. 
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 5:43am
Woow! i paid via gift paypal 150$ yesterday for a Butterfly blade. Hope i´m not scammed...
Confused
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 6:31am
I paid $110 via Paypal gift for a Nittaku blade on 08/01. He did say he's gonna ship it the same day. Hope he didn't lie.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
BigBH View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 7:10am
4.5% is so little on the figures you are quoting as payments, you are saving $7 to lose $150 
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 8:03am
Originally posted by BigBH BigBH wrote:

4.5% is so little on the figures you are quoting as payments, you are saving $7 to lose $150 
Yes, you are 100% right Cry
andrei2412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrei2412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 5:29pm
Gift payment should be banned by pay pal. Never use this option otherwise you can't get your money back. 
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 7:09pm
I paid this guy $125 as gift payment 10 days ago for a blade and he's been telling me every day that he mailed it the same day but I know now that the blade will never come, I hope he is gonna return my money soon .

Edited by Mdman - 08/08/2014 at 5:43pm
buy&sellblades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buy&sellblades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 8:21pm
Yes, i am working on getting everyone their money back. a little patience would be appreciated and i'm truly sorry to each of you that i've wronged. a couple of you will actually be getting your products though because they are things that i really did have. mdman, you're next to recieve your money back btw.
EJoslin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJoslin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 8:27pm
I think people need to look at the feedback section more before making a purchase. Anyone can be a scumbag and if they aren't known for being honest we shouldn't trust them.

Edited by EJoslin - 08/04/2014 at 8:38pm
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by buy&sellblades buy&sellblades wrote:

Yes, i am working on getting everyone their money back. a little patience would be appreciated and i'm truly sorry to each of you that i've wronged. a couple of you will actually be getting your products though because they are things that i really did have. mdman, you're next to recieve your money back btw.

You are doing the right thing to return my money, I hope you refund my money soon.
Thank you
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 10:14pm
Be aware that EJoslin is the same person as Buy&sellblades and SadistiClown, and this person's behavior is unfathomable and obsessive (since this person commented in this thread !!!).  On websites like this, banned members can come back like zombies and this can be hard to police.  Cameron, I really think you need help.  I think you can enjoy table tennis without being on a table tennis forum.  It would really be best for you. 

I would strongly recommend that people not use the paypal gift option, and also I would suggest that it is not reasonable for sellers here to demand it.

The vast majority of transactions here go off smoothly, and when they don't, members usually handle things themselves in a fair manner and it never comes to the attention of a moderator.  Once in a while we have to intervene. 

Read the rules, and be careful!  We have discussed having a rule against allowing sellers to demand the gift option of Paypal.  For now we have decided to allow buyers and sellers to make whatever arrangements they wish.  But I would personally never agree to it and I don't see why you should either.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 12:54pm
Hey friends, this guy is telling me that he has refunded the money everyone. Is that true?
And he says that i´m lucky because Paypal doesn´t warrant a refund of a gifted payment. I´m still waiting for my money. His obligation is to refund my money even if i paid like a gift. What´s the difference? 

Edited by Antuan - 08/05/2014 at 2:03pm
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 1:58pm
No, he hasn't refunded me yet. 
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by chroot chroot wrote:

I asked my bank to refund my paypal receipt, and i have got my money back. I see in my paypal account that this guy has not refunded it. Buy i finally got my money thanks to my bank.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 3:41pm
Perhaps those of you needing refunds could keep me updated here.
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 5:07pm
I don't have my refund yet ! I really hope he l can get it today.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 7:02pm
Nope, not going to happen, he is just buying time.
akoozab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akoozab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 2:18am
thanks was thinking of buying something from him
vishal_dindoyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 5:00am
Same here still waiting for refund. 
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 6:22am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I would strongly recommend that people not use the paypal gift option, and also I would suggest that it is not reasonable for sellers here to demand it.

Paypal fee is 2.9% plus $.30.  That means for a $100 sale the fee is $3.20.  What kind of seller would not absorb $3.20 on a $100 sale???

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 6:23am
Originally posted by Antuan Antuan wrote:

I asked my bank to refund my paypal receipt, and i have got my money back. I see in my paypal account that this guy has not refunded it. Buy i finally got my money thanks to my bank.

You are lucky, in Belgium that would have been impossible. If paid as gift and not received, then it is lost.
BigBH View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 7:13am
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Paypal fee is 2.9% plus $.30.  That means for a $100 sale the fee is $3.20.  What kind of seller would not absorb $3.20 on a $100 sale???

same thing to minimise your risk why not pay the $3.20
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 8:53am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

You are lucky, in Belgium that would have been impossible. If paid as gift and not received, then it is lost.

Yes, but can't you deny the payment from your Bank? I have returned my paypal receipt.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 11:50am
My paypal is linked with my credit card, once the payment is marked as completed, the money is gone and you can't do anything about it if it has been sent as gift. 
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

My paypal is linked with my credit card, once the payment is marked as completed, the money is gone and you can't do anything about it if it has been sent as gift. 

Ahhh my paypal is linked with my bank account.....
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 1:29pm

Granted I don't know the nitty gritty details, but to me, that seems to be the scariest scenario of all...
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Granted I don't know the nitty gritty details, but to me, that seems to be the scariest scenario of all...

My PayPal is linked to both my bank account and my credit card. Has been for years actually.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 2:28pm
He just refunded my money and emailed me saying that he will refund everyone's money. He is asking everyone to email him at [email protected]
Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic