Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

warning about known scammers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 2:46pm
I am still waiting...
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
Sponsored Links

angelleye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelleye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 11:41pm
If the payment was funded using your credit card you can call your credit card company and file a dispute there instead of disputing through PayPal.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2014 at 11:47pm
I got my refund back from buy&sell as he promised, he followed through with his words. You did the right thing, buy&sell, i am glad that you chose the right path to follow.
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 12:39am
Originally posted by angelleye angelleye wrote:

If the payment was funded using your credit card you can call your credit card company and file a dispute there instead of disputing through PayPal.

You can certainly try.  Most credit card companies allow you to dispute your transactions up to 90 days (as opposed to 45 days by Paypal).

the problem is when you sent money, you are admitting you are sending him money as a gift rather than goods purchased.  If you have saved the PMs or emails you have communicated with him, that may help.
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

angelleye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelleye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 12:44am
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

You can certainly try.  Most credit card companies allow you to dispute your transactions up to 90 days (as opposed to 45 days by Paypal).

the problem is when you sent money, you are admitting you are sending him money as a gift rather than goods purchased.  If you have saved the PMs or emails you have communicated with him, that may help.

Actually, I've seen people submit chargebacks over a year after their purchase and still get their money back.  Unfortunately, it's common to see fraud with that sort of thing, too, but when used morally it's a handy thing to know about.  

CC companies want to protect their consumers.  When the chargeback is submitted you can specify that you never received the item, and unless the seller can provide tracking information that proves the item was delivered then you'll get your money back.

Marking it as a gift on PayPal is just a PayPal thing.  PayPal could potentially try to argue on behalf of the seller that the payer marked it as a gift, but just take a quick look at paypalsucks.com and you'll find plenty of stories about sellers who are pissed off because PayPal couldn't help them in such a scenario.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 2:32am
I also got my refund back from Buys&sellsblades.

Thank everyone who helped resolve this issue.

Edited by chroot - 08/08/2014 at 11:02am
BTY Viscaria 90g
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 10:19am
Many thanks to Theologian.  Hopefully this is the end of this particular episode.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 11:01am

Edited by chroot - 08/08/2014 at 11:02am
BTY Viscaria 90g
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by bns7117 bns7117 wrote:

I got my refund back from buy&sell as he promised, he followed through with his words. You did the right thing, buy&sell, i am glad that you chose the right path to follow.

Originally posted by chroot chroot wrote:

I also got my refund back from Buys&sellsblades. 

Thank everyone who helped resolve this issue. 

Cameron (buy&sellblades) has followed through with refunding everyone. His account was frozen before being able to refund bns7117 and chroot so I allowed him to give me cash and I refunded them on his behalf through my paypal account.

I do hope that no one will be tempted to scam Cameron in some way. Let's simply forgive and move on.

If you had any paypal interaction with Cameron, please check your paypal account to ensure you were only refunded the appropriate amount. A midst his rush to refund people and various paypal disputes, things got pretty convoluted.

Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
limjo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 9:50pm
I will update and post here when I actually receive the blade or receive a refund from Cameron (Buy&SellBlades).

Edited by limjo - 08/08/2014 at 9:55pm
My feedback link:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65760&title=limjo-buy-sell-trade-feedback
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 10:41pm
Limjo,

I'll look into this
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2014 at 3:39pm
Along with others.
limjo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 12:58pm
Hi guys, just want to let you know that Cameron (buy&sellblades) has refunded my money this morning at 9:24 AM sent by his girlfriend as his account is locked by Paypal due to complaints against him. This serves as a lesson to all not to rush/throw our guards down on enticing/sweet deals if the other party does not have enough feedback and refrain from using Paypal as Gift as payment. Once again my great appreciation and thanks to "the Theologian" on this assistance in getting the refund.
My feedback link:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65760&title=limjo-buy-sell-trade-feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 2:04pm
Theologian is the one who is responsible for getting everyone their refunds.  Thanks again!

Based on what we know, this affair my finally be finished.
vishal_dindoyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 2:31pm
I still haven't received anything...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by vishal_dindoyal vishal_dindoyal wrote:

I still haven't received anything...

Haven't forgot about you. Still working on it.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 4:40pm
I spoke too soon.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 6:33pm
How is the_theologian getting the money for everyone?

Edited by Antuan - 08/13/2014 at 6:33pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 12:53pm
At this point Cameron has been banned from Paypal, banned from here, and so it is difficult logistically.  Theologian knows him, and is acting as a conduit so that people can get paid, and he is keeping the pressure on Cameron to pay up. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2014 at 10:42pm
People need to be very careful making deals with people who have no history on this forum.  Seriously.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 4:18am
I have not received the money from this guy too. I returned the receipt from my bank but my balance in paypal is negative.
I will send an email to this guy..
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Antuan Antuan wrote:

I have not received the money from this guy too. I returned the receipt from my bank but my balance in paypal is negative.

If your bank already refunded the money, doesn't that cover it?

No, he hasn't refunded me yet. 

I asked my bank to refund my paypal receipt, and i have got my money back. I see in my paypal account that this guy has not refunded it. Buy i finally got my money thanks to my bank.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

If your bank already refunded the money, doesn't that cover it?

No, he hasn't refunded me yet. 

I asked my bank to refund my paypal receipt, and i have got my money back. I see in my paypal account that this guy has not refunded it. Buy i finally got my money thanks to my bank.

My bank returned the receipt to Paypal, but Paypal has charged to me that money, so i have -150$ in my paypal account. This guy must refund my 150$.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 7:52pm

My bank returned the receipt to Paypal, but Paypal has charged to me that money, so i have -150$ in my paypal account. This guy must refund my 150$.

Perhaps I am still misunderstanding. The bank refunded your money, presumably to your bank account instead of to your paypal account. So essentially, your bank account went +150 while your paypal went -150. 

Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 5:59am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Perhaps I am still misunderstanding. The bank refunded your money, presumably to your bank account instead of to your paypal account. So essentially, your bank account went +150 while your paypal went -150. 

No, my bank account is OK . My paypal account is -150$. This is what Paypal tells me:

Estimado Antonio Varela Izquierdo:

Gracias por ponerse en contacto con nosotros en referencia a un pago personal de 150.00USD. 

He revisado su cuenta y he visto que el pago después de abrir un caso como pago no autorizado por usted, PP-003-318-949-459, el caso se cerró a favor de 
[email protected] por lo que él tiene el dinero.

Dado que PayPal no cubrimos los pagos personales, le recomiendo que se ponga en contacto con  [email protected] para que le realice una devolución de los fondos, ya que el vendedor tiene todavía este pago que usted le envió.

Ha sido un placer atender su consulta y le deseo un feliz día.

Si necesita más información, recuerde que también puede entrar en su cuenta PayPal y consultar el apartado de Ayuda rápida del vínculo Contactar, a pie de página.

Edited by Antuan - 08/25/2014 at 6:33am
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 8:29am
so the bank gave you your money? and then you are want more money? please explain this better because this isn't sound right.
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 9:35am
My understand is paypal used other sources of Anhtuan money registered with paypal as a back up if a main money source wasn't available in this case is his bank account. So if he doesn't registered another card/bank account then he got a negative balance in his paypal's account.

That mean he doesn't get his money back yet, simply the money just goes around within his paypal account Tongue

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 9:44am
make a new paypal, then there will be no minus balance hehe. and you will have the money you recieved from bank

Edited by MAkira - 08/25/2014 at 9:45am
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 10:37am
Originally posted by E.ZegnaFan E.ZegnaFan wrote:

My understand is paypal used other sources of Anhtuan money registered with paypal as a back up if a main money source wasn't available in this case is his bank account. So if he doesn't registered another card/bank account then he got a negative balance in his paypal's account.

That mean he doesn't get his money back yet, simply the money just goes around within his paypal account Tongue

Exact! I have lost 150$ until Cameron refund my money. I sold a blade 3 dats ago and paypal used that money to balance my account 😡.
I still am waiting for my 150$. And Cameron tells me that he can't show me a pic were i can see my refunded money because he has his account blocked.... It sounds rare. He says he has -550$, and show me a pic were i saw it but if it is true i don't mind, paypal says that Cameron has my 150$ and i want them back.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by MAkira MAkira wrote:

make a new paypal, then there will be no minus balance hehe. and you will have the money you recieved from bank

Too late. Paypal took 150$ from a deal which i made 3 days ago 😡.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic