Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

warning about known scammers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Antuan Antuan wrote:

Originally posted by MAkira MAkira wrote:

make a new paypal, then there will be no minus balance hehe. and you will have the money you recieved from bank

Too late. Paypal took 150$ from a deal which i made 3 days ago 😡.

Sound's like you're screwed. If he is minus 550 i think he will not be willing to spend that much to even his account out just to send you another 150$. If he is somehow at -550 that means he is already lost a lot of money. are you sure he is -550 or maybe he is just saying that. 
Sponsored Links

Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 11:15am

make a new paypal, then there will be no minus balance hehe. and you will have the money you recieved from bank

Too late. Paypal took 150$ from a deal which i made 3 days ago 😡.

Sound's like you're screwed. If he is minus 550 i think he will not be willing to spend that much to even his account out just to send you another 150$. If he is somehow at -550 that means he is already lost a lot of money. are you sure he is -550 or maybe he is just saying that. 

And how can i know that he is really -550$? And that is not my problem. I paid for a blade which i didn't receive. And i have not my 150$ back.
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 11:25am
sorry i didn't read your earlier message and assumed he was just saying he was -550. he sent you a picture of it being -550? if this is the case then part of that -550 would be because of your bank taking the money back from paypal. that would cause him to lose money in HIS paypal. it looks like both of you ended up being at a issue. 
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 11:31am

sorry i didn't read your earlier message and assumed he was just saying he was -550. he sent you a picture of it being -550? if this is the case then part of that -550 would be because of your bank taking the money back from paypal. that would cause him to lose money in HIS paypal. it looks like both of you ended up being at a issue. 

In that case, were are my 150$ ? Paypal had told me that Cameron has my money.
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 11:37am
ohhhh, i am finally seeing your issue more clearly. but the way it seems, i do not think you will be recieving that money if he is at -550 and he will use the excuse of your bank already gave you your money. I think we should not gift purchase anymore on the forums especially for new members.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 12:01pm

ohhhh, i am finally seeing your issue more clearly. but the way it seems, i do not think you will be recieving that money if he is at -550 and he will use the excuse of your bank already gave you your money. I think we should not gift purchase anymore on the forums especially for new members.

If he has returned every payment he received, why is he -550$?
Why do i have to loose 150$?
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 12:07pm
well I'm assume since he was banned from paypal it is because there were many disputes on his paypal. so what i think may have happened is maybe they talked to their bank to get their money back but he had already given them their money back on paypal. so maybe the money doubled up or something and it caused him to be negative like it did to you.
limjo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 1:27pm
What I know is that Cameron has got all the money he scammed in his Paypal Account (assuming he was not able to withdraw/transfer all before his account was blocked) then was blocked by Paypal due to numerous complaints. As per my knowledge, Theologian has been in contact with Cameron to clear his name by refunding the other forum members their money. Since Cameron's paypal account is blocked, Theologian convinced him to borrow money; some he gave to Theologian to refund other forum members while in my case he asked his girlfriend's paypal account to refund to my paypal account. I was in contact with Cameron before I got my money back, said he intends to pay all back just needs some time to get more money to pay everybody. While what Cameron did was deplorable it takes a man to admit his guilt and try to redeem himself. This is not entirely Cameron's fault, as I said before we let our guards down when offered with sweet deals and anybody without good reputation/feedsbacks should not be paid with Paypal as Gift. We all know this but since GREED HAS TAKEN OVER US WHEN OFFERED WITH ENTICING DEALS AND WE WERE JOSTLING OVER TO BITE THE BAIT. This is a sad lesson that should not happen again in the future.

Edited by limjo - 08/25/2014 at 2:37pm
My feedback link:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65760&title=limjo-buy-sell-trade-feedback
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by limjo limjo wrote:

What I know is that Cameron gas got all the money he scammed in his Paypal Account (assuming he was not able to withdraw/transfer all before his account was blocked) then was blocked by Paypal due to numerous complaints. As per my knowledge, Theologian has been in contact with Cameron to clear his name by refunding the other forum members their money. Since Cameron's paypal account is blocked, Theologian convinced him to borrow money; some he gave to Theologian to refund other forum members while in my case he asked his girlfriend's paypal account to refund to my paypal account. I was in contact with Cameron before I got my money back, said he intends to pay all back just needs some time to get more money to pay everybody. While what Cameron did was deplorable it takes a man to admit his guilt and try to redeem himself. This is not entirely Cameron's fault, as I said before we let our guards down when offered with sweet deals and anybody without good reputation/feedsbacks should not be paid with Paypal as Gift. We all know this but since GREED HAS TAKEN OVER US WHEN OFFERED WITH ENTICING DEALS AND WE WERE JOSTLING OVER TO BITE THE BAIT. This is a sad lesson that should not happen again in the future.

So paypal cancelled his account? I think paypal can not cancel an account if it is in negative balance.
Another think that i don't understand is how he can have -550$ in paypal...
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 7:36pm
Cameron has told me that he won't pay my 150$ because he has lost 150$ from me. It is false, i am who has lost 150$ in paypal.
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 12:01am
you said he showed you that he is -550$ this doesn't sound false if you've seen a picture. antuan i have a question for you. if you were to scam me 150$ and then my bank took the money back and gave it to me would you give me another 150$? this is where it sounds like he is coming from.
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 1:12am
but then i guess it is bad on both parts because if paypal has negative 150 dollars on you then that would mean the bank basically gave you nothing since you have to pay that back to paypal. I think what paypal do is bad for both parties. if i were you i would expect to get your money refunded still but i do not think he would be the kind of person to do that. since he already is known as a scammer.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 3:19am
why does this get so complicated?

Antuan got scammed 150 dollars like everybody else. He tried to get the money back through his bank. His bank gave him the money back but took it from his paypal account which is now -150. This means he actually didn't get his money back.

Conclusion: if Cameron is refunding everybody then there is no reason at all why Antuan should not get refunded like everybody else. Once he will be refunded the 150 dollars his paypal account will be back to zero instead of being negative.

@ the_theoligian: thank you very much for helping everybody to get their money back. What is the situation for Antuan, please?
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 5:01am
I think I finally understand Antuan's situation. So, I believe that Cameron still owes Antuan and also vishal_dindoyal.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 9:49am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

I think I finally understand Antuan's situation. So, I believe that Cameron still owes Antuan and also vishal_dindoyal.

I am agree with you, about him oweing antuan. but i don't know a story behind vishal. I do not think he will pay though if he believes he doesnt owe him.
vishal_dindoyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 2:04pm
Oh he knows he owes me, no problem with that! He has been telling me he is waiting for his paycheck to be able to give me my money back. I'm still waiting.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 11:08pm
Another for sale scammer, Mr. Gogool has been permanently banned.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by limjo limjo wrote:

While what Cameron did was deplorable it takes a man to admit his guilt and try to redeem himself. This is not entirely Cameron's fault.....

It is entirely Cameron's fault.  People have a right to expect that at the MyTT for sale forum, people are not going to just run away with the money.  People should be more prudent perhaps, especially in how they use paypal, but if you enter into a good faith deal with someone, and that person blatantly rips you off, keeps your money, doesn't send the blade, or never actually had the blame, there is only one person to blame.  It is good that he is trying to make restitution.  That part is true.  But if you look at the number of people who got ripped off, it amounts to a substantial amount of money and a repeated pattern of theft. 
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 7:13am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Antuan got scammed 150 dollars like everybody else. He tried to get the money back through his bank. His bank gave him the money back but took it from his paypal account which is now -150. This means he actually didn't get his money back.

Conclusion: if Cameron is refunding everybody then there is no reason at all why Antuan should not get refunded like everybody else. Once he will be refunded the 150 dollars his paypal account will be back to zero instead of being negative.

@ the_theoligian: thank you very much for helping everybody to get their money back. What is the situation for Antuan, please?
Thank you @ttping85 , it has been just like you´ve explained. I don´t have my money. Cameron says that he doesn´t have my money, so, where is it? Does Paypal have it? i don´t think so...
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 10:47am
It's very clear who has the money. 

Read the reply from PayPal to Antuan.

"Estimado Antonio Varela Izquierdo:

Gracias por ponerse en contacto con nosotros en referencia a un pago personal de 150.00USD. 

He revisado su cuenta y he visto que el pago después de abrir un caso como pago no autorizado por usted, PP-003-318-949-459, el caso se cerró a favor de 
[email protected] por lo que él tiene el dinero.

Dado que PayPal no cubrimos los pagos personales, le recomiendo que se ponga en contacto con  [email protected] para que le realice una devolución de los fondos, ya que el vendedor tiene todavía este pago que usted le envió.

Ha sido un placer atender su consulta y le deseo un feliz día.

Si necesita más información, recuerde que también puede entrar en su cuenta PayPal y consultar el apartado de Ayuda rápida del vínculo Contactar, a pie de página."

In English (translated by Google):

"Dear Antonio Varela Left: 

Thank you for contacting us regarding a personal payment 150.00USD. 

I have reviewed your account and I saw that the payment after opening a case such payment is not authorized by you, PP-003-318-949-459, the case was closed in favor of [email protected] so he has the money. 

Since PayPal personal payments do not cover, I recommend you contact him [email protected] to make a return of the funds, since the seller still has the payment you sent him. 

It has been a pleasure to deal with your inquiry and I wish you a happy day. "

For more information, remember that you can also get into your PayPal account and see section Quick Help Contact link at footer."

BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 11:06am

Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Thank you @ttping85 , it has been just like you´ve explained. I don´t have my money. Cameron says that he doesn´t have my money, so, where is it? Does Paypal have it? i don´t think so...

Antuan,

That's what I told you : once the money has been sent as gift, it is lost !!!!
The only solution is : the guy sends you the money back. Otherwise you can't do anything !
paypal will only acts if you send money the normal way.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 11:29am
exactly. once the payment is done as "gift", the money is gone. you can not dispute the transaction in paypal system. your bank/credit card company can open a dispute case against it, but paypal most likely will close the case in favor of the seller. 

i am also a victim in this spam. without hep from guys like the_theoligian, i would never be able to get my money back. learned a lesson. will be more careful to use paypay "gift" option in the future.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by chroot chroot wrote:

It's very clear who has the money. 

Read the reply from PayPal to Antuan.

"Estimado Antonio Varela Izquierdo:

Gracias por ponerse en contacto con nosotros en referencia a un pago personal de 150.00USD. 

He revisado su cuenta y he visto que el pago después de abrir un caso como pago no autorizado por usted, PP-003-318-949-459, el caso se cerró a favor de 
[email protected] por lo que él tiene el dinero.

Dado que PayPal no cubrimos los pagos personales, le recomiendo que se ponga en contacto con  [email protected] para que le realice una devolución de los fondos, ya que el vendedor tiene todavía este pago que usted le envió.

Ha sido un placer atender su consulta y le deseo un feliz día.

Si necesita más información, recuerde que también puede entrar en su cuenta PayPal y consultar el apartado de Ayuda rápida del vínculo Contactar, a pie de página."

In English (translated by Google):

"Dear Antonio Varela Left: 

Thank you for contacting us regarding a personal payment 150.00USD. 

I have reviewed your account and I saw that the payment after opening a case such payment is not authorized by you, PP-003-318-949-459, the case was closed in favor of [email protected] so he has the money. 

Since PayPal personal payments do not cover, I recommend you contact him [email protected] to make a return of the funds, since the seller still has the payment you sent him. 

It has been a pleasure to deal with your inquiry and I wish you a happy day. "

For more information, remember that you can also get into your PayPal account and see section Quick Help Contact link at footer."

it looks like they gave the money to his account according to this email. but if they also deactivated the account then does that mean no one has got the money?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 12:32am
Something we have just learned and that is worth noting, and that has not been disclosed on this thread is that MAkira is a friend and playing partner of Cameron in Kansas City area.  I think that information should have been disclosed in one of the comments that he made and it explains MAkira's fairly unusual degree of interest in this particular thread. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 12:44am
Am i the only one who still hasn't been refunded???

Why GOD why does it always have to be me?!!!
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 1:04am
Originally posted by vishal_dindoyal vishal_dindoyal wrote:

Am i the only one who still hasn't been refunded???

Why GOD why does it always have to be me?!!!

Are you still in contact with Cameron?
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 1:09am
Yes i am but his replies to my question are completely senseless. 
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 2:30am
Well guys, finally i could get my money back 2 days ago!! 🎉🎉🎈🎋🎁🎊
Paypal told me that i paid like a gift but they would try the best to get my money back because it was my first discuss in paypal, and finally they got it.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 2:39am

Well guys, finally i could get my money back 2 days ago!! 🎉🎉🎈🎋🎁🎊
Paypal told me that i paid like a gift but they would try the best to get my money back because it was my first discuss in paypal, and finally they got it.

You are very very lucky Antuan....

I really don't know what you did to the paypal girl to get your money back :)))

Better not to think about it :))
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 3:00am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Ahhh my paypal is linked with my bank account.....

Granted I don't know the nitty gritty details, but to me, that seems to be the scariest scenario of all...

My PayPal is linked to both my bank account and my credit card. Has been for years actually.

I have a linked credit card too. Everytime i pay with paypal they take my money from my bank account.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic