FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The many faces of Bernadette Szocs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The many faces of Bernadette Szocs
    Posted: 08/06/2014 at 3:30pm
... in a single match.

1. The "I don't like to rally with pips" face

2. The "that serve is wicked high" face

3. The "I'm not going to pick up the ball although it was on my side first" face

4. The "it's getting hot in here so I'm going to cho in your face" face

Source:

Found these first two sets of the match very amusing due to the fact that Bernadette showing some unsportsmanlike tendencies. Maybe I'm wrong and she has what we call in US a "resting b**** face", but watching the video might give you an insight on what made it so entertaining and amusing. 

PS. Xiaona Shan is looking wicked good at the age of 30. Embarrassed
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 4:31pm
and at the end of the match, she deserved a good...."in your face" defeat :)))
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 4:46pm
It's easy when you are winning and has all the answers. Look at Xiaona Shan's face in her defeat at the Euro Champ (? the one against the SWE) and compare it here in this match.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 5:06pm
After looking at her faces:
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by thethinker thethinker wrote:

It's easy when you are winning and has all the answers. Look at Xiaona Shan's face in her defeat at the Euro Champ (? the one against the SWE) and compare it here in this match.

Xiaona wasn't winning, though. She was trailing at game 5 to 9-9 against Szocs LOL
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 5:25pm
I didn't watch the whole match, just a little, and I assumed that she was winning because Szocs don't seem to know how to play pip hitter. But again, check Xiaona's expression at the EC and compare it to other when she is winning and you can't say Scocs is the only one with a face and/or this is justified: "Found these first two sets of the match very amusing due to the fact that Bernadette showing some unsportsmanlike tendencies. Maybe I'm wrong and she has what we call in US a "resting b**** face", but watching the video might give you an insight on what made it so entertaining and amusing."
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 5:28pm
Yes, I saw the match too.
I think the OP is just trying to show that Bernadette has the "face" on top of that annoying cho/screaming she always does Big smile
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2014 at 5:40pm
There is one thing to win the point and cho as you are turning around raising your fist in the direction of your coach/bench - that's fine IMO.

... BUT its another thing when you cho in the direction of your opponent ESPECIALLY while starring at their face + if its on your opponent's mistake - that's not fine at all.

12:17 of that video is an example of what im talking about.

In basketball/soccer that's a technical/warning, should be a yellow in TT as well.

Seems like Szocs and plenty of other players (Cory Eider for example) do that quiet often.

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

After looking at her faces:...

Edited by DreiZ - 08/06/2014 at 5:47pm
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2014 at 9:57am
Choing or screaming in a game is annoying even if is not in your opponent face.IMO.  These situations happen  in many sports. I'm not sure in soccer is considered a fault.  Take a look at the mighty Maria Sarapova ,how she screams when won a point in the opponent face in almost all of her difficult matches.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2014 at 10:49pm
I like Bernadette's many faces    Tongue

She should come play in Toronto
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2014 at 2:17am
I just can't forget this video whenever someone mentions her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf4kIdxXKOY
LOL
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2014 at 3:04am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

LOL

Lin and Bernadette should enter mixed doubles events :-)
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2014 at 7:50am

LOL

I had never seen that before.  And now I wish I had never seen it!  LOL
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2014 at 11:49am

LOL

See... This type of nonsense needs to be changed for the professionalism of the game. They need to receive a warning/yellow for being disrespectful.

Another fine example of this nonsense, where Michael Landers' coach had to cho for him to counter the nonsense Cory Eider was doing during the game.

Edited by DreiZ - 08/09/2014 at 11:54am
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2014 at 1:20pm
LOL

Big smile LOL

I also remember years ago the boys final between a Chinese and Japanese. (don't remember their names)
It was a tight match, the Chinese boy was chooing excessively during the match and the Japanese boy was quiet. Until the last game, I think it was a deuce and the Japanese pulled it off.
He screamed "Cho" multiple times on top of his lung to his opponents' face, who was very sad. ClapClapClap
Anyone saw that video?
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

LOL

Big smile LOL
</br>

I also remember years ago the boys final between a Chinese and Japanese. (don't remember their names)
It was a tight match, the Chinese boy was chooing excessively during the match and the Japanese boy was quiet. Until the last game, I think it was a deuce and the Japanese pulled it off.
He screamed "Cho" multiple times on top of his lung to his opponents' face, who was very sad. ClapClapClap
Anyone saw that video?

would like to see the epicness of this! Anyone?
connor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 12:25am
connor
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 2:52am
Dear Connor,

I can't help but note your tireless work to find pictures and videos of attractive female tt players.  In recent days, we've had posts from you on Ms Szocs, Ms Pota, Ms Papadimitriou, Ms Her-Lee, Ms Pesotska, Ms Mitchell (who isn't even a table tennis player), and Ms Yeon Lee.

I know that you've posted on lots of other things, but I must admit that I'm starting to think that you might be just a tad obsessed.  Ermm

You may think you're helping but I don't actually need you to find pictures of pretty girls for me.  I'm quite capable of doing that for myself.  In fact, I'd rather do so without any help from you.  As one mature male to another (you are 56 after all and not a horny teenager), please think before you post.  
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 3:05am
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

you are 56 after all ....  

Does put an entirely different light on it.  Confused
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 3:43am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Found these first two sets of the match very amusing due to the fact that Bernadette showing some unsportsmanlike tendencies. Maybe I'm wrong and she has what we call in US a "resting b**** face", but watching the video might give you an insight on what made it so entertaining and amusing. 

I watched the entire video and I'm pretty sensitive on the subject of unsportsmanlike behavior, but I didn't see much here. Just someone who is very intense in her game. There was a big cho at the end of the second game but not excessive choing during the games. Mostly I just her as competitive and focused. And I thought she made some good adjustments in the second game after losing the first.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 8:33am
Found this one from 7 years ago - two best junior girls of that era (and they play pretty well now, too) - and I don't hear Bernadette yelling at all. Must have acquired it later somewhere... coaching?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbtLyg15pHE
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Greco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 12:10pm

LOL

Lol, i think Bernardette won with the last one, i don't think Lin can cho like that. Pinch
Seriously, i like Bernardette but not that thing of "choing". I can't understand the last cho in the video, it seemed like she just won the match and she was screaming like crazy.
I don't care about  a lot of things in table tennis (for example, the Zhang Jike thing) but this kind of annoying behaivour with no good explanation should be punished.
j-bo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j-bo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 12:15pm

Dear Connor,

I can't help but note your tireless work to find pictures and videos of attractive female tt players.  In recent days, we've had posts from you on Ms Szocs, Ms Pota, Ms Papadimitriou, Ms Her-Lee, Ms Pesotska, Ms Mitchell (who isn't even a table tennis player), and Ms Yeon Lee.

I know that you've posted on lots of other things, but I must admit that I'm starting to think that you might be just a tad obsessed.  Ermm

You may think you're helping but I don't actually need you to find pictures of pretty girls for me.  I'm quite capable of doing that for myself.  In fact, I'd rather do so without any help from you.  As one mature male to another (you are 56 after all and not a horny teenager), please think before you post.  

Give me a break. It's not like the photos are inappropriate. You may wish to not click on his posts or posts with womens name in the topic title.
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by j-bo j-bo wrote:

Dear Connor...

Give me a break. It's not like the photos are inappropriate. You may wish to not click on his posts or posts with womens name in the topic title.
Dear j-bo,

connor posts on a number of topics, some of which I'm interested in reading.  Why should I miss out on those topics just because connor is there?  Also, I am interested in women playing table tennis just as much as I'm interested in men playing table tennis.  So why should I miss out on a thread that has a woman's name in it?  If connor was to start a thread on Irene Ivancan or Amelie Solja or Lee Ho Ching I would want to see them playing table tennis or discuss their equipment or style.

How come connor has never started a thread on Li Xiaoxia, ranked no. 3 in the world?  Or Wu Yang, ranked 7?  Or Zhu Yuling (5) or Elizabeth Samara (19)?  Perhaps it's because they're not pretty enough? Or sexy enough?

How come connor doesn't start threads on men, complete with photo montages of them flashing their flesh?

Be honest, j-bo: isn't it just a little bit creepy to have some 56 year old male you've never met posting pictures of girls for you to ogle?
Ringer84 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringer84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 9:01pm

Originally posted by j-bo j-bo wrote:

Dear Connor...

Dear j-bo,

connor posts on a number of topics, some of which I'm interested in reading.  Why should I miss out on those topics just because connor is there?  Also, I am interested in women playing table tennis just as much as I'm interested in men playing table tennis.  So why should I miss out on a thread that has a woman's name in it?  If connor was to start a thread on Irene Ivancan or Amelie Solja or Lee Ho Ching I would want to see them playing table tennis or discuss their equipment or style.

How come connor has never started a thread on Li Xiaoxia, ranked no. 3 in the world?  Or Wu Yang, ranked 7?  Or Zhu Yuling (5) or Elizabeth Samara (19)?  Perhaps it's because they're not pretty enough? Or sexy enough?

How come connor doesn't start threads on men, complete with photo montages of them flashing their flesh?

Be honest, j-bo: isn't it just a little bit creepy to have some 56 year old male you've never met posting pictures of girls for you to ogle?

It is a little creepy and I would personally never start a thread like this, but if I have to choose between  clicking on a thread with hot table tennis girls or clicking on the 10,000th equipment thread on the outer ply construction of someone's Tenergy 64FX edgetape Falco Booster, then I choose hot girls please.
USATT Rating: 1785
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Andro Rasant
BH: Baracuda
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2014 at 7:24am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Found this one from 7 years ago - two best junior girls of that era (and they play pretty well now, too) - and I don't hear Bernadette yelling at all. Must have acquired it later somewhere... coaching?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbtLyg15pHE

We need a like button for posts.
Anyway, good find, Jim.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2014 at 7:31am
I love the OP opening post and the humour in it.
I can see this being applied to those players who expose their feelings in their facial expressions.
Perhaps, The many faces of ZJK or Ding, would be good.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2014 at 7:37am
he maybe son of conner? 

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2014 at 7:47am
do you think bernadette sucks? i mean does she really suckLOL
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2014 at 7:51am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

do you think bernadette sucks? i mean does she really suckLOL

Yes, she does LOL

That's part of her training....
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic