FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Barwell fleet Vs Innerforce ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barwell fleet Vs Innerforce ZLC
    Posted: 08/15/2014 at 10:44am
Have heard a lot of good words about Barwell fleet. In terms of spin, control, and speed, what would be the difference between Barwell fleet and Innerforce ZLC?

Any comment is appreciated.

Edited by kindof99 - 08/16/2014 at 12:22am
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 11:34am
I own both.

Short game speed: IFZLC > BF
Mid-distance game speed: about equal (would depend on your blade weights and style of play)
Short game and long game control: BF > IFZLC
Woodiness and 'catch': BF  >  IFZLC
Short game spin: about the same, with BF being slightly higher. It depends on your stroke (if you brush more, IFZLC and if you hit into sponge more then BF)
Mid-distance spin: BF > IFZLC
Dwell: BF > IFZLC
Flex: Depends on your individual pieces
Cachet: IFZLC > BF?

You would use IF-ZLC more for driving the ball - from mid-distance, the ZLC layer feels hard.
You would use BF more for looping with spin and power.

You need much better technique to use IF-ZLC from mid-distance (erroneously apply slightly more power, speed increases, ball goes out). BF is much easier to play (if you apply slightly more power, the result is that the spin increases first and then speed)

With BF, though, one must learn how to handle low gears (as they are quite low). 

Hope this helps.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 12:00pm
Forgot to mention as I received a couple of PMs on this: I do not recommend BF if you're more of a flat hitter. It is a power looper's blade.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 12:03pm
Slevin, Thanks a lot for your input. 

What exactly does 'low gear" mean?

I am thinking to buy two Fl  Barwell Fleet blades from TT11 (they are back in stock) to get 30% off. Do you want one?
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 12:05pm
I guess the strength of BF lives in its long dwell time, such that it has more control at short game and more spin at looping. 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Slevin, Thanks a lot for your input. 

What exactly does 'low gear" mean?

I am thinking to buy two Fl  Barwell Fleet blades from TT11 (they are back in stock) to get 30% off. Do you want one?

No, I have 2 BF blades myself!

Low gear means speed on softly hit strokes (generally close to the table). Some blades are bouncy at the table and some are not.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

I guess the strength of BF lives in its long dwell time, such that it has more control at short game and more spin at looping. 

No, not quite. TB-ZLF has good dwell time and great low gear spin. However, it's spin in high gear is only average.

The key in BF is very good catch in high gear. This helps in good dwell time AND great spin.

Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 3:03pm
I have IF ZLC and know it very well. My partner has BF and i know it too but not so well. My opinion : IF ZLC is MUCH spinier. So much spinier that it is difficult to control with spiny rubbers . This 2 limba on top and slightly bigger head give you an extreme bite and yes if put a little more pressure the boll goes out because of the carbon. But it's a king  from 3m distance and i haven't seen other blade with such a power and spin from there and i've seen A LOT. The arcs and spin are enormous. It's very understandable why  Mattenet always goes back and create magnificent shots from there.  
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Vlad0 Vlad0 wrote:

I have IF ZLC and know it very well. My partner has BF and i know it too but not so well. My opinion : IF ZLC is MUCH spinier. So much spinier that it is difficult to control with spiny rubbers . This 2 limba on top and slightly bigger head give you an extreme bite and yes if put a little more pressure the boll goes out because of the carbon. But it's a king  from 3m distance and i haven't seen other blade with such a power and spin from there and i've seen A LOT. The arcs and spin are enormous. It's very understandable why  Mattenet always goes back and create magnificent shots from there.  

As I said, IMHO, IFZLC is spinny when you brush (for that stroke, the sort-of-related IFZLF and Liu Shiwen are spinnier blades). For hitting through the ball, I feel that BF is naturally spinner because it has a deeper catch. Hitting through the ball using IFZLC activates carbon a bit much for maximum spin (though you do get great speed). Moreover, BF is more forgiving of the two upon hitting harder from mid-distance.

Despite the criticism about Mattenet's game on this forum, I'm a fan of his 2-winged drives and his BH flick (though certainly not his lobbing). I haven't measured but it is an excellent guess that I don't have Mattenet's hand acceleration.

I feel that in many of my strokes, Viscaria / TB-ALC is spinnier than the IFZLC.

Either ways, I'm hoping that the OP has enough information. Hit me up via PM if you want a good deal on a new IFZLC FL blade (not one of those 81g fugazies) but you know what I recommend. We're all (I included) too hung up on BTY's superiority to see that there's some other quality stuff out there...

Edited by slevin - 08/15/2014 at 3:51pm
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 11:09pm
Can some1 correct the title? Barwell feet is kinda funny..
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2014 at 12:22am
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

Can some1 correct the title? Barwell feet is kinda funny..

Corrected. Thanks.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2014 at 3:12pm
Regarding choice of rubbers for each:

BF: top sheet + sponge should work harmoniously in creating spin (eg: for a 47.5 degree choice, I'd select OVT / M1 in place of MX-P)
IF-ZLC: either shall do so long as the top sheet is grippy enough to maximize limba's effectiveness while brush looping at the table.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic