Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Sigma 1 pro vs sigma 2 pro ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sigma 1 pro vs sigma 2 pro ??
    Posted: 08/20/2014 at 8:45pm
I have unopened sigma 1 and 2 pro. what are the main differences? I'm going to slip one set onto a nittaku tenor for a friend and i don't know which ones i should do. He likes to play a bit farther from the table and does powerful spinny loops. He's used to playing with bluefire jp03 on an accoustic, but it's pretty dead now.
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 1:02am
Sigma 1 has a harder topsheet, is a little faster, and a little less durable

Sigma 2 has a softer topsheet, is a little spinnier, is a little more durable, and in my opinion has a MUCH better feel.

Both are still quite hard sponged rubbers and are probably closer to JP01 than 03. The pro version should be used on the forehand, again because the sponge is quite hard. The Euro version is good for the backhand.

Of the two, he (and most people for that matter) will prefer Sigma 2 but again, please keep in mind that both will be harder and different than JP03.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 10:30am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Sigma 2 has a softer topsheet, is a little spinnier, is a little more durable, and in my opinion has a MUCH better feel.

Both are still quite hard sponged rubbers and are probably closer to JP01 than 03. The pro version should be used on the forehand, again because the sponge is quite hard. The Euro version is good for the backhand.

Of the two, he (and most people for that matter) will prefer Sigma 2 but again, please keep in mind that both will be harder and different than JP03.

+1. Sigma 1 felt almost unplayable when I had tried it, whereas Sigma 2 was great. Still have it on one of my backup blades.
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 11:10am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

thank you so much, his jp03 is completely dead, i don't think he'll care, he will just be happy to have a spinny rubber again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic