FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Inverted rubber for def?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inverted rubber for def?
    Posted: 08/21/2014 at 4:44am
Wondering if anyone have any good ides for my little experiment.
Currently playing with Dawei Wavestone blade, T05 max fh and Best Anti on the bh. Now, the idea is to change to a thinner rubber on the fh, something about 1.5, which will still allow me to loop, but that will bottom out for flat hits. Thinking this will help both my rare attacks and my consistency in def.

I want the rubber to be spinny and preferable medium to medium hard, and not tacky, since those collect all the dust we have at our venue.

So, any ideas? Especially interested if someone have tried Dr Neubauer Special Defence or Victas VS 401, as those are the ones that have caught my interest the most.
The holy grail
Sponsored Links

tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 5:00am
I've been pondering about the VS>401 for quite some time too.  but the super hard sponge kind of turn me off.  The new VS>402 seems more attractive.  I maybe ordering one in the next few days.

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 5:49am
The VS 401 in 1.5mm is great for chopping, but I changed to 1.8mm because I loop a lot more than I chopBig smile Yes the sponge is hard, but the topsheet is quite soft, so it does not feel as hard.

Yes the 402 has got my attention too... I will try that as soon as I get hold of a sheet.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 6:54am
I know a guy very good defender. He uses  Victas VS 401 and is very happy.
gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 8:36am
Gambler Reflectoid in 1.5mm is a great rubber for chopping and also allows hitting and looping. valortabletennis.com sells it.
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 2:08am
Originally posted by gnopgnipster gnopgnipster wrote:

Gambler Reflectoid in 1.5mm is a great rubber for chopping and also allows hitting and looping. valortabletennis.com sells it.

I have already tried the Reflectoid, can't remember which thickness it was though. It was a ... funny rubber. Allowed for some spin but in some cases, it almost felt like playing with anti. Was pondering to switch to it instead of anti, but decided to stay with anti and don't think it has enough spin to create variation with my anti.

Given the few, but mostly positive replies about the Victas, Im most likely going to give it a go and see if I might be able to get rid of my T05 addiction with that.
The holy grail
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Wondering if anyone have any good ides for my little experiment.
Currently playing with Dawei Wavestone blade, T05 max fh and Best Anti on the bh. Now, the idea is to change to a thinner rubber on the fh, something about 1.5, which will still allow me to loop, but that will bottom out for flat hits. Thinking this will help both my rare attacks and my consistency in def.

I want the rubber to be spinny and preferable medium to medium hard, and not tacky, since those collect all the dust we have at our venue.

So, any ideas? Especially interested if someone have tried Dr Neubauer Special Defence or Victas VS 401, as those are the ones that have caught my interest the most.
A defender friend of mine enjoys Nittaku's Moristo DF 1.5 mm.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 3:03pm
Hard to get hold of Nittaku here and Im not to keen on ordering from abroad.
The holy grail
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 3:47pm
I would actually try a Tenergy in 1.7 first.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I would actually try a Tenergy in 1.7 first.

Well, I must admit that sounds tempting, but, part of the reason Im so interested in this change is to cut rubber costs as well and Tenergy isnt cheap. Not that Victas or Neunauers are cheap either, but atleast a tad cheaper then Tenergy.
The holy grail
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic