Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Airoc M Review (updated with review)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 4:15am
Another question in stiga website they claim airoc m more speed, spin than calibra lt (airoc m speed148 spin 1 while calibra lt speed147 spin 125)do u agree? and pls compare airoc m and tg64 for speed spin?
Sponsored Links

jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 9:52pm
pumb
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 11:22pm
Thank u
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 8:18am
Originally posted by jomtack jomtack wrote:

Another question in stiga website they claim airoc m more speed, spin than calibra lt (airoc m speed148 spin 1 while calibra lt speed147 spin 125)do u agree? and pls compare airoc m and tg64 for speed spin?

Don't watch the catalogs, but believe the members here.
I have tested that rubber yet (Airoc M), but I lost all my intentions to loss time for reviews...
I posted long review about their former catalog with many non-logical things inside far of any professionalism.
How to expect a professional products from such kind of stuff?

I read Yogi posted very long review as he pointed very "diplomatic" the skills or lack of skills for this rubber.
Shortly said - it is heavy about 50 grams cut to normal BTY blade, it is with a very hard sponge, probably better than all Calibra rubber's topsheets. It is more spiny.
I felt it like a some chinese rubber, but If I need to make some general choice - 100% I will get DHS TG 3 that this Airoc M. More cheaper, more faster, more spiny, same weight.

And I think it is far of any Bluefire or other current ESN generation rubbers.
I haven't tested the S model, but surely I will miss.

Personally for me - If STIGA made a rubber with Calibra sponge and Airoc Topsheet...
That will be a good competitor's rubber on the market. But the sponge definitely must be little more stronger made. Current sponge of Calibra rubbers is very "fragile", easy to damage after removing it from the blade.
I don't arrange someone with my thoughts.

jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 11:42pm
So thank ,conclusion calibra lt would be better and still one of top product for stiga rubber line?then from your post calibra lt suite for my purpose backhand rubber like tg64, evolution el-p :3
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2014 at 5:22pm
I can't recommend any of the Calibra LT rubbers - they are not like any of the Tenergy rubbers, nor Evolution series. Calibra are light, speedy, but has no enough spin in the top sheet.
Just look and try the paddle of some more experienced member in your club, I hope that will be more useful for you.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 6:25am
kolevtt, my opinion is that I have seen some simillarities in evolution rubbers.Still not the same with tenergies, but some simillarities yes.

Edited by *_strataras_* - 11/02/2014 at 6:25am
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 6:44am
My opinion is like kolevtt - it is hard to really like spin and be stuck with Calibra when you compare it to Tenergy.  I think Evolution is closer to Tenergy than Calibra.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
rocketscientist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketscientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

My opinion is like kolevtt - it is hard to really like spin and be stuck with Calibra when you compare it to Tenergy.  I think Evolution is closer to Tenergy than Calibra.

My opinion is the exact opposite.

Airoc and Tenergy has about the same topsheet in quality. The sponge on tenergy is excellent but Airoc is not far behind. Evolution is terrible.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by rocketscientist rocketscientist wrote:

My opinion is the exact opposite.

Airoc and Tenergy has about the same topsheet in quality. The sponge on tenergy is excellent but Airoc is not far behind. Evolution is terrible.

You'd have to be really pro-Stiga to think that. To the extent that you own their lawnmowers too.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 5:01pm
I have not used Airoc so I won't comment. But the claim that Evolution is terrible is ridiculous.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 5:14pm
Someone have experience with Airoc + booster? Both Boost and Calibra lines react well with boosters. I wonder how Airoc would react..
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 5:47pm
From reports that I've heard, not very well. Apparently Airoc becomes more mushy when boosted, plus it is now even heavier.
But maybe that's down to boost technique or wrong type booster.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Someone have experience with Airoc + booster? Both Boost and Calibra lines react well with boosters. I wonder how Airoc would react..

The problem with Calibra series is that they are not very resistant. And it's even worse with boosting. Most pro or semi pro players tear the topsheet very quickly. 2 weeks for semi pros with one daily training and only a few days for pros who practice twice a day. Airoc seems to be more resistant, even when boosting but it's true that it can become a bit mushy.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 10:16pm
Airoc m feels like it is already boosted. Boosting it would be a mistake. The only pb is its weight over 50g. I hope it can go down to 45g in 2.0 or less in 1.8, keeping the same excellent bh features.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 2:20am

+1
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 2:49am
the Airoc S version has more spin than the M version although when I use the M version i find it spinnier in my backhand. The S version is a good backhand rubber and blocks better
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 5:50am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

On the fh in max i bet andysmith likes it big time.

I don't know mate. I liked Calibra, although it was mighty fast and wore out faster than a prostitute on £1 night. But I hated Calibra Tour with a passion which surprised me. Then I had a sheet of Boost with literally no topsheet grip - like anti.

I have arrived at the conclusion that Stiga rubbers just aren't for me. It would have taken a lot of positive reports on Airoc for me to give it a try, but there seems to be a very mixed reaction. So I'll probably pass personally. Will give it a try if anyone at my club turns up with it.
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

They work great with booster, have been playing with them for a while now Smile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2014 at 2:14am
4 of my club mates have both on their blades, airoc m and s, except one guy who has 2 m's.I tried them and I really got dissapointed one more times from stiga's rubbers, cause after ALMOST 2 months, the rubber surface dramaticaly started to fade and they have not the same spin abilities.I thought that with these "made in Japan" rubbers, stiga would change its quality of rubbers, but still I am not pleased.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2014 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

4 of my club mates have both on their blades, airoc m and s, except one guy who has 2 m's.I tried them and I really got dissapointed one more times from stiga's rubbers, cause after ALMOST 2 months, the rubber surface dramaticaly started to fade and they have not the same spin abilities.I thought that with these "made in Japan" rubbers, stiga would change its quality of rubbers, but still I am not pleased.

I think Airoc got a much better quality than previous rubbers. Of course it is different from player to player but I have notice that they hold up really good. Does your friends clean their rubbers? And are you playing with the new ball? Many people write that the new ball have a tendency to wear out rubbers faster than the old ball. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 1:45am
The newest member who plays with airoc in my club plays 9 years, so it is sure that they clean them up.I am there and I see them.The best and natural cleaning for the rubbers, as we all know, is the moisture of our breath and then clean it with our open hand (as we see the pros doing it during a match).We have stopped using cleaning methods from different companies (rubbers cleaners etc.) cause after 12 years of playing and changing hundrends of rubbers, i have noticed that the rubbers are fading faster with the cleaners than the breathing moisture.
Ofcourse Fehrplay, I have noticed significant change in the quality between the new airocs and the previous stiga rubbers...But I expected more duration in life.I thought that a "made in Japan" rubber would change the stiga rubbers and make them more durable.They are a lot more durable than the previous stiga rubbers for sure!If I had a calibra rubber, or magna etc, the rubber would need to be changed.But the airocs still have a lot of spin and speed.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 7:58am
Yeah I understand, I have also noticed that cleaners wear out the rubber faster than breathing moisture. 
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 9:04am
So many conflicting observations. The best thing to do is to decide for yourselves.

I have used many brands of rubber cleaners over the decades and found only one that really does what it claims.

I won't tell you which one it is because someone will always disagree and tell me I am wrong. I won't tell you that it is Paddle Palace Rubber Cleaner and that it is a great product.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 9:13am
Can't beat plain ol distilled water, people at my club always comment how new my rubber looks when it's over 6 mo. old.
Shifter
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 2:32pm

The newest member who plays with airoc in my club plays 9 years, so it is sure that they clean them up.I am there and I see them.The best and natural cleaning for the rubbers, as we all know, is the moisture of our breath and then clean it with our open hand (as we see the pros doing it during a match).We have stopped using cleaning methods from different companies (rubbers cleaners etc.) cause after 12 years of playing and changing hundrends of rubbers, i have noticed that the rubbers are fading faster with the cleaners than the breathing moisture.
Ofcourse Fehrplay, I have noticed significant change in the quality between the new airocs and the previous stiga rubbers...But I expected more duration in life.I thought that a "made in Japan" rubber would change the stiga rubbers and make them more durable.They are a lot more durable than the previous stiga rubbers for sure!If I had a calibra rubber, or magna etc, the rubber would need to be changed.But the airocs still have a lot of spin and speed.

Have you improved significantly as a player over the last few years?
Maybe it's simply that with greater experience, you have developed a greater sensitivity to performance changes in the rubber. For years, some players have told me that alll rubbers are basically useless after a month. I never believed them. But within the past couple of years, I do notice when a rubber's performance 'falls'. And yes, it's usually within 1-2 months after first gluing.

Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2014 at 1:53am
I am ranked 400 in Greece, if that helps you.And a collector too.

Edited by *_strataras_* - 11/26/2014 at 1:55am
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2014 at 2:09am

I am ranked 400 in Greece, if that helps you.And a collector too.

You are a collector too! That confirms it thenSmile

Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2014 at 4:46am
You also have noticed that, so it is not only me and my club mates.All I try to say (sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand me), is that I have never seen any other rubber unless tenergy, that its abilities are almost the same as new after 2 months.I am not a fan of tenergies, but I use them for my main setup to play in trainings and in matches.But I also try many, many rubbers and blades as a collectoer , so I have images of the other rubbers.Specially when a new rubber comes out in the market and it interests me, I try it for long time just to see its durability!In the specific rubbers, I didn't have to buy them cause a club mate of mine, gave me to play his new airoc, which I liked them generally, but after he glued them to his blade and started playing with them, after 2 months they had a dramatically change.As I said I expected more cause it is "made in Japan", but still....A LOT BETTER than any other previous stiga rubber.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2014 at 5:29am

As I said I expected more cause it is "made in Japan", but still....A LOT BETTER than any other previous stiga rubber.

I don't know why you expected more really. Most Stiga rubbers are made in japan, and their durability has always been poor IMO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic