Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Blade Recommendations for OX LP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blade Recommendations for OX LP
    Posted: 09/02/2014 at 9:37pm
Hi y'all, I'm looking for some friendly advice for a new blade purchase. I play inverted on my FH and OX LP on my BH. I mostly block close to the table with my LPs and set up my FH for close-to-the-table loops and smashes. I'm hoping to find a blade that maximizes reversal/deception with the LPs and has good touch/control with plenty of speed/spin on the FH. I'm not really concerned with price....so any recommendations would be much appreciated. Cheers!
Sponsored Links

100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 9:45pm
Hello
They are so many choices of the blade that you look for. I do not want to recommend anything, but I am sure someone will from their experience. I have tried and tested over 200 blades, and they are many you can choose from. I would suggest balsa blade for close to table blocking. It has enough power for forehand loop, but not to far away from table ...

Edited by 100niTenis - 09/02/2014 at 9:52pm
Blade, Rubbers, Shoes, Socks ...
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 9:49pm
ha, you probably want to ask Tuco or Tommy Zai. :-P
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 11:40pm
Buy dr. neubaeur blades they are perfect for what you describe hands down.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 3:26am
donic defplay senso. Cheap and very good with OX
RoyPips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyPips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 4:44am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

donic defplay senso. Cheap and very good with OX

I can verify that. Clap For me works best with Dornenglanz ox, Talon fine too.
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 5:16am
Originally posted by ndotson ndotson wrote:

Hi y'all, I'm looking for some friendly advice for a new blade purchase. I play inverted on my FH and OX LP on my BH. I mostly block close to the table with my LPs and set up my FH for close-to-the-table loops and smashes. I'm hoping to find a blade that maximizes reversal/deception with the LPs and has good touch/control with plenty of speed/spin on the FH. I'm not really concerned with price....so any recommendations would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Blade: Tibhar Def+

BLADE

I have a friend who has the same rubber combo and style as you and uses the above blade. It has great feel since I have played with his paddle. It is not expensive either.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 7:44am
You said you want good speed, so my advice is to move to an all or all+ blade such as butterfly grubba variant all or andrej grubba all+
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Palatinus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palatinus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2014 at 8:31am
We have released the new blade for OX pushblockers. Video here
sticharo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticharo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2014 at 8:54am
Nueb. Firewall +

Hallmark Aurora

Tibhar Def +

Tibhar Power Def

Andro Fibercomp

Donic Dima

And yes...the Defplay blocks very well for a flex blade

Dtec works well on each of these blades.

It's a touch & feel thing tho.....

Many different blades will work for blocking but....like everything in this game....you will have to blaze your own trail.
Balsa works well but sometimes offers a rebound effect that gets annoying and slightly unpredictable.

When I was blocking I started out by looking for blades that had a harder outer veneer but gradually moved away from that to softer outer veneers/blades.

The theory as I understood it was that harder blade/veneer (potentially) offered more spin continuation (aka reversal)....but I'm not really sure that reversal is that much of a factor anyway when playing at higher levels.(Not to mention the new(er) restrictions on LP that sort of neutered the blocker's game and making reversal less of a factor)

I found that a softer blade worked better. Maybe sacrificing some "reversal" for being able to keep more balls on the table. For me a Defplay is almost perfect....hard(er) outer veneer but a softish blade. With OX it has an odd feel and takes some getting used to but it works great.

Found a blade? Next comes finding a rubber that is compatible with the blade and your unique/individual style.....and therein lies the challenge.

Ask the LP users how many rubbers they have tried.  I'd take up too much bandwith here trying to list all the rubbers I've tried....Angry

Edited by sticharo - 09/04/2014 at 9:41am
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 4:54pm
I'll throw a +1 to defplay, I get beat by that with OX all the time. lol 
RoyPips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyPips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2014 at 2:39am
Originally posted by sticharo sticharo wrote:

Nueb. Firewall +

And yes...the Defplay blocks very well for a flex blade

When I was blocking I started out by looking for blades that had a harder outer veneer but gradually moved away from that to softer outer veneers/blades.

The theory as I understood it was that harder blade/veneer (potentially) offered more spin continuation (aka reversal)....but I'm not really sure that reversal is that much of a factor anyway when playing at higher levels.(Not to mention the new(er) restrictions on LP that sort of neutered the blocker's game and making reversal less of a factor)

I found that a softer blade worked better. Maybe sacrificing some "reversal" for being able to keep more balls on the table. For me a Defplay is almost perfect....hard(er) outer veneer but a softish blade. With OX it has an odd feel and takes some getting used to but it works great.

I played last season with FW+ and now I am turning to Defplay.

Softer blade is indeed more versatile and you can "work the ball" more. With FW+ ball just zings away very rapidly, so playing is very monitonic (which is also an advantage in sense, you don't need many strokes). In the end FW+ is bit too fast and overshooting will give up too many easy points. Playing is just more fun with flexible blade that gives you dwell and options. Rolling/pick hitting is much better with flexy blade.

Instead of passive reversal you have to use more active strokes. Flexible blade gives also much better sidespin curvy balls, as the somehow add to he curve, while rigid blde has straigh trajectory.
ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2014 at 1:10pm
Thanks everyone for all the recommendations and helpful info. I appreciate the feedback!
David.A View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David.A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2014 at 7:44pm
If you looking for a fast blade which is suitable to mix with OX close to the table I suggest you try the Infinity VPS :)

Edited by David.A - 09/10/2014 at 6:41am
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 2:28am
From the most acceptable and cheapest professional blades for your needs I think you must look at Donic blades - Def Play Senso or Waldner ALL Play.
You will be satisfied.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic