Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Vladimir Samsonov – Equipment Question Answering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vladimir Samsonov – Equipment Question Answering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BTTESTEAM View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BTTESTEAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vladimir Samsonov – Equipment Question Answering
    Posted: 09/10/2014 at 6:37am
Q: Which blade you are using recently?

Ans: I am using Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro, which is pure-wood blade with blue color handle.

Q: Did you use carbon blade before?

Ans: Yes, I had been using several Tibhar blades before and have not changed a blade for a long time. For my previous blade, it is a carbon blade. Honestly, I do not like carbon and fiber. Although these kinds of blades provide more power, I still want to have better control; therefore, I changed back to pure-wood blade.

Q: How long will you change a blade?

Ans: I am very satisfying of my existing one, but if you are taking about regarding on the life of blade, I would replace a new one around half a year.

MORE ON http://saletabletennis.com/sharing-all-table-tennis-information/vladimir-samsonov-equipment-question-answering/

Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 8:29am
A blade change every 6 months... Oh wow...
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 8:37am
" Honestly, I do not like carbon and fiber. Although these kinds of blades provide more power, I still want to have better control; therefore, I changed back to pure-wood blade."

Surely this article is not legitimate.
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 9:20am
Originally posted by DDreamer DDreamer wrote:

" Honestly, I do not like carbon and fiber. Although these kinds of blades provide more power, I still want to have better control; therefore, I changed back to pure-wood blade."

It could just be his opinion on equipment. His background is all wood blades (i.e. Mazunov), which may impact his view on the whole carbon vs all wood topic.

I think he did try a carbon blade (Stratus Samsonov CB) but probably did not like it.

Edited by DreiZ - 09/10/2014 at 9:22am
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 9:20am

why do u say so?
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 9:46am
Originally posted by proSpin proSpin wrote:

why do u say so?

I dont understand. Do you read this forum regularly?
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Pros glue and reglue a lot because of frequent rubber changes, and with WBG, the moisture affects the top ply. So those who prefer their blade to play as it Sid when new will change more frequently. For amateurs who don't reglue that often, there is absolutely no need to emulate this.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Pros glue and reglue a lot because of frequent rubber changes, and with WBG, the moisture affects the top ply. So those who prefer their blade to play as it Sid when new will change more frequently. For amateurs who don't reglue that often, there is absolutely no need to emulate this.

Yup, I recall reading an interview with Ovtcharov where he mentioned the effect of WBG on the blade. Made me wonder if sealing the blade shouldn't neutralize the moisture from WBG, and if so, why wouldn't pros/manufacturers seal all their blades. Could it be that sealing the blade also affects its playing characteristics?
john18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 4:47pm
Liu Shiwen changes every 3 months (because of the water based glue too) and she uses a reserve blade for training sessions :

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=64800&title=liu-shiwen-equipment-questing-answering
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 2:24pm
I would think some woods with "open" pores would be more likely to change (thinking of Limba as an example) compared to something like Hinoki or even Koto.  Does anyone have any experience/expertise with this?

As has been pointed out this probably doesn't have a great impact on most of us, since we don't replace our rubber as often as the pro's do.  After all for us it isn't free, unless you are lucky enough to be sponsored.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 3:35pm
I keep my rackets in zip lock bags to keep moisture and air out when storing them. Plus I use Min Wax Wipe On to keep the water in a w/b glue from penetrating the top ply. I think this also keeps the weight stable from drying out and humidity.
Shifter
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 3:52pm
The intent of the rules for gluing rubbers is to slow the game. So speed glues and boosters are a no-no.
If you are really touchy about WBG affecting your blade, then use the old-style VOC non-speed glue which is still available. If you have a tournament approaching, make sure you give the bat a minimum of 4 days for the VOC content to evaporate. This allows you to play with a completely clear conscienceBig smile.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 3:02am
Hi Tinykin,
12h are more than enough if you just glue your rubbers with 1 layer of Voc glue :)

many players in german bundesliga still using voc glue
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic