FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly 40+ vs tibhar 40+ vs dhs 40+

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly 40+ vs tibhar 40+ vs dhs 40+
    Posted: 09/13/2014 at 2:44pm
Today I have tried butterfly plastic ball( you can't buy those I just got a sample directly from a distributor ) and Tibhar 40+ and I already have dhs 40+. Also there was this cell ball( made in China nittaku )
I tried not to look at the labels while playing.   And I could understand which one is which.

Sound= both dhs and tibhar sounds cracked, butterfly sounds closer to the cell ball. you can notice the difference though.
Spin= butterfly feels similar to the cell ball. Spin is a little bit less off course. And than dhs is a close second. Tibhar is just sh*tty.
Roundness& bouncing characteristics = I got 2 butterfly balls, 6 tibhars and 24 dhs balls.    Both butterfly balls were perfectly round and it was really easy to play with them. Half of the dhs balls were not round at all. But if you pick one perfectly round and than its ok. Tibhar balls were sh*it again. 5 of them were not round at all. Not playable really. We couldn't resist and throw them away after 30 minutes.

Made in China butterfly balls surprised me in a good way. Too bad we can't buy them right now...
My expectations are really high for the nittaku premiums. Here's some pictures... Sorry no tibhars I totally forgot them.

butterfly on the right side.
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Sponsored Links

srale7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srale7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 3:05pm
Nice review, but that butterfly ball looks so gayTongue
Xiom Zetro Quad ST 90g
FH Xiom Omega4 Euro max
BH Xiom Vega Europe max
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 3:12pm
That was my first impression too :)
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Mastermind View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mastermind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by TSuBaSa TSuBaSa wrote:

...butterfly plastic ball( you can't buy those I just got a sample directly from a distributor )
...Both butterfly balls were perfectly round

LOL
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 6:03pm
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=2343469397

DoubleFish is my preffered choice, seeing the price is highly agreeable.
Again, DF balls proved to feel the closest to the cell.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 8:53pm
I was curious what the Butterfly ball would be like.  Do you know where it is made and by whom? Do they have their own factory in China?  How high is the bounce compared to celluloid?  If you drop them from the same height, do they continue to bounce repeatedly for as long as celluloid before they come to a rest?  To me that is a key issue.  Also, can you tell from the letter code stamped in the box when they were made?  Are the first two letters XF, XG, or XH?  And what is up with their obsession with the color pink?  (The last question is just rhetorical).

I have tried many of the polyballs.  All of them without fail are a very bright white and this is easier to see. The ones I have tried include  Nittaku China SHA, Nittaku Japan Premum 40+, DHS, Joola, Tibhar, DONic, Double Fish, TSP, XSF (red and black label).  People at my club, HTTA in Houston, have about 70% switched to polyballs, and that is about 100% among people who really compete seriously.  Right now the most common balls used are Joola, DF, and Nittaku SHA, with a few of us having bought XSF as well.  All of them, no matter what the brand is, are a little slower and a little less spinny.  I am ok with that with a little adjustment.

I can't tell any real difference between the Chinese seamed balls that are made by DHS but sold under different labels, and I don't like any of them very much.  The only thing I can say is that they are better than DF and TSP (made by DF), which deviate from roundness very badly and bounce like rocks -- or perhaps more accurately, like a half inflated soccer ball.  These actually feel nothing at all like celluloid, at least if you do more than just stand in one place and hit counters or just loop and block a little.  The makers should be embarrassed, the main issue is the low and very inconsistent bounce.  All of the Chinese seamed balls have bounce and roundness problems but the TSP balls were especially awful -- surprising given the high quality of their celluloid balls.  At a point I gave mine away in disgust.  Durability is also a big problem, still.  Checking the boxes, though, most of the seamed CHinese balls that people have received here were manufactured in June (stamped XFAD).  They can't get much worse.  Maybe more recent lots are better?  Maybe that explains why these Butterfly balls were better? 

XSF is much better and are also cheaper than the others and at this point I am mostly satisfied with their durability.  They are very round.  This consensus has emerged not just from me but also from a wide range of the members at my club, who range in rating from 2600 (including at this point four former US team members) to 1600.  The one thing I have noticed is that the higher the level of the player that tries them, the quicker they immediately say "oh yes, that's much better".  Nittaku 40+ Japan are pretty good but not yet sold, and when they are sold, they will be very expensive. 

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 12:49am
PREVENTING IRREGULAR BOUNCE OF THE PLASTIC BALLS..

Weird (=irregular) bounce is surely begot from the ball having an uneven thickness all over the shell. Just have done a spinning test to sort the wobbling balls away.

NB//
Nittaku used to have a thermal pressure processing on the ball's either hemisphere to prevent the uneveness.   This is why Nittaku balls will offer almost perfect regularity in bounce.
On the other hand, the extra processing leads to extra costs.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 1:16am
Butterfly bounces a bit higher than dhs. Also a bit harder. So I thought It'll sound worse but that's not the case.

I know dhs very well they're not even, hard on one side soft on the other side. Both butterfly balls were perfectly even. That's a surprise because I don't like butterfly cell balls.

To my eyes dhs one are a bit brighter. Tibhar and butterfly balls looks similar.
 Chinese guys are able to produce much better poly balls and I'm happy to see that kind of progress in such a short period.
I know they are made in China but I don't know the rest. There was no box. Distributor says he got 24 of them but he didn't mention any box or printing.
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 4:43pm
Ps: tibhar balls are smaller than dhs balls.
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 7:12pm

Ps: tibhar balls are smaller than dhs balls.
  That's surprising.  How many balls did you measure and how did you do it?
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 12:20am
Dhs and tibhar balls were in a tube box and difference was obvious. I don't have any tool to measure it. But I do have a wrench :) I measured only two tibhars. they were bigger than nittaku cell balls and smaller than dhs poly balls.
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 8:19am
Thank you very much for the nice review of our forum member TSuBaSa!
Butterfly Polly balls are looking very sweet Big smile

Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2015 at 5:27pm
Does anyone know where to get the Butterfly poly balls?  Most of the dealers in the US are sold out.  Thanks.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2015 at 10:54pm
They seem exactly the same to me as Double Fish.  But I only got to try a couple.
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2015 at 8:23am
Interesting, you are not the first one commenting about the likeness between BTY and DF. Will try DF balls to get use to it. Thx
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2015 at 8:56am

CLAMANT FIASCO with Nittaku Premium....

This Mens Team Cup is now played with Nittaku Premium 40+
It looks very much like they using the old small 38 ball. Too speedy raliies brimfull with mishitting balls, no control, abundance of simple errors. No control at all.   
The Nittaku is a crap indeed.   Due to the hard plastic material ABS, overly hard, stony hard.

The play we have seen before now this year with DHS 40+ was a devastating contrast:
   -- good ball control, a lot of viewy prolonged raliies to spectator`s full satisfaction.

Nittaku, please decease this ABS crapy ball. Nittaku, you murder the game. Stop using the Nittaku Premium 40+ for all the televised matches. The Premium 40+ ball is almost uncontrolable. The ball spoiled the sport badly, indeed.    No good spectacle to watch any more.

Nttaku Premium of ABS plastic is a clamant fiasco,   FAILURE ball..
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2015 at 11:01am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

CLAMANT FIASCO with Nittaku Premium....

This Mens Team Cup is now played with Nittaku Premium 40+
It looks very much like they using the old small 38 ball. Too speedy raliies brimfull with mishitting balls, no control, abundance of simple errors. No control at all.   
The Nittaku is a crap indeed.   Due to the hard plastic material ABS, overly hard, stony hard.

The play we have seen before now this year with DHS 40+ was a devastating contrast:
   -- good ball control, a lot of viewy prolonged raliies to spectator`s full satisfaction.

Nittaku, please decease this ABS crapy ball. Nittaku, you murder the game. Stop using the Nittaku Premium 40+ for all the televised matches. The Premium 40+ ball is almost uncontrolable. The ball spoiled the sport badly, indeed.    No good spectacle to watch any more.

Nttaku Premium of ABS plastic is a clamant fiasco,   FAILURE ball..

I'm not sure what a Clamant Fiasco is, but I don't get your claims against the Nittaku Premium 40+ ball. They are definitely slower than a cell ball and in no way resemble play with a 38 ball. My experiences with poly balls are this.

Nice- Nittaku Premium 40+ and Yinhe 40+(I think it's a rebranded XSF ball)

Playable but not the best- Double Fish 40+ and DHS 40+

Utter Crap- Nittaku SHA

Edited by Toprank - 01/11/2015 at 11:02am
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2015 at 1:41pm
Toprank,

Nittaku Premium 40+ plays nicely, and as you say, slower than celluloid because they are in fact 40+.  It is very light.  XSF also nice, and a lot more durable, a bit heavier.  I actually prefer playing with the XSF, but either one is ok.

And what you way about the others is true too.
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 10:58pm

Today I have tried butterfly plastic ball( you can't buy those I just got a sample directly from a distributor ) and Tibhar 40+ and I already have dhs 40+. Also there was this cell ball( made in China nittaku )
I tried not to look at the labels while playing.   And I could understand which one is which.

Sound= both dhs and tibhar sounds cracked, butterfly sounds closer to the cell ball. you can notice the difference though.
Spin= butterfly feels similar to the cell ball. Spin is a little bit less off course. And than dhs is a close second. Tibhar is just sh*tty.
Roundness& bouncing characteristics = I got 2 butterfly balls, 6 tibhars and 24 dhs balls.    Both butterfly balls were perfectly round and it was really easy to play with them. Half of the dhs balls were not round at all. But if you pick one perfectly round and than its ok. Tibhar balls were sh*it again. 5 of them were not round at all. Not playable really. We couldn't resist and throw them away after 30 minutes.

Made in China butterfly balls surprised me in a good way. Too bad we can't buy them right now...
My expectations are really high for the nittaku premiums. Here's some pictures... Sorry no tibhars I totally forgot them.

butterfly on the right side.

Have not got a chance to play with Butterfly 40+ however spot on observations on other 2 . 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 11:17pm
Just another DFish clone. Sucks if used long enough.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2015 at 5:22pm
I tried the Butterfly 40+ at the training session tonight, I got it through a friend. It is made in China indeed. Unfortunately the ball  is out of round but that does not lessen my relief. In spite of its irregularity it is very playable although it is true that it behaves a little differently but you can get accustomed to it in no time. My practice partner who got to hit with newer Joola balls says they play the same. To me this means the quality of newer seamed plastic balls has drastically improved. It does not even feel as hard as the first seamed plastic balls.

The DHS ball that I got hold of when the very first shipments came in pales in comparison to this Butterfly one. To be specific, that was a piece of rubbish: it wobbled and behaved unpredictably.

One thing I have noticed but I am not 100% certain about is that the Butterfly ball seems faster than the XSF I have (not the sports version). It is still a little slower than celluloid but we can live with it.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2015 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

To me this means the quality of newer seamed plastic balls has drastically improved. It does not even feel as hard as the first seamed plastic balls.

The DHS ball that I got hold of when the very first shipments came in pales in comparison to this Butterfly one. To be specific, that was a piece of rubbish: it wobbled and behaved unpredictably.

One thing I have noticed but I am not 100% certain about is that the Butterfly ball seems faster than the XSF I have (not the sports version). It is still a little slower than celluloid but we can live with it.

Hopefully this holds up over time, it would be great news to have other options.
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2015 at 7:47pm

Edited by roundrobin - 10/29/2015 at 8:17pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2015 at 8:54pm
That was my experience too, but hopefully things will improve.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 3:13am
Xushuoafa is just the best by far. Even nittaku premium balls are not that durable and they are really expensive.

Xushuoafa *** balls are cheap, durable and perfectly round. I got my self 72 of them and I'm not going to buy something else...
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

HappyHarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 5:25am

Xushuoafa is just the best by far. Even nittaku premium balls are not that durable and they are really expensive.

Xushuoafa *** balls are cheap, durable and perfectly round. I got my self 72 of them and I'm not going to buy something else...

Agree that nittaku premium is over rated, they break pretty easy and are extremely expensive. Vill try the Xushuoafa balls as soon as I can. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 11:30am

My thoughts exactly.  Based on one of the other threads, though, I think I am going to order some Nexy balls just to see how they are different.
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 5:15pm
I agree XSF are way better than the rest but somehow I always win more and easier with the Double Fish.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
tabletennisx32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennisx32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 1:23pm
Anybody still looking for balls?
tabletennisx32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennisx32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 1:24pm
Anybody still looking for P balls?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic