Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airoc S or Bluefire M3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airoc S or Bluefire M3
    Posted: 09/15/2014 at 12:16pm
So I just saw that Dandoy sports are doing a very nice deal atm and not sure how long so will use this opportunity to get a bargain.

I will purchase a Stiga Offensive Classic (FL Legend).

So the rubbers it's either the Stiga Airoc S or the Donic Bluefire M3.

Can't decide. I am leaning towards the Airoc S simply because it is Stiga lol but of all the reviews and info I have read both choices seem like they would be good.

Any suggestions to help tip me more to one side?
Are they both the same hardness? Any of the 2 have more grip? Any have a louder sound? Sensitivity to spin the same?

Edited by Ndragon88 - 09/15/2014 at 12:16pm
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
Sponsored Links

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 1:12pm
It's a pity that you don't live near Bristol. I have a bat (OSP Musko) with M3 (FH) and Airoc M (BH). In fact I even have a Stiga Offensive Classic that you could try them with.
Basically both rubbers have unique characteristics that you will either love or not prefer.
M3 is a Tensor-type with very snappy, quick response to your inputs. Great for loops when you have clear shots. Otherwise, not so great on serve control.
Airoc generally is more dwelly but very forgiving on half-shots, out of position play etc. In fact Stiga should have named this rubber 'Forgiven'. Great at serves, much like 999/H3. Very good at chopping, better at it than any offensive rubbers that I've tried. Good on attack but not as flashy as the tensor stuff which is probably why some players opt to put it on the BH.

Edited by Tinykin - 09/15/2014 at 1:18pm
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 1:21pm
Cheers for that. I need to think about moving to Bristol in the future! LOL seriously....its an option

Yeah I will be getting that 2 for 3 deal on Dandoy so 1 will be for my brother, he is worried the shiny topsheet on the Airoc will not be so good or not last long. It sounds like the Airoc S might be my kinda rubber but the M3 my bro's lol.

Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 8:13pm
If you are leaning towards using the polyball in the future get the AIROC S
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 8:59pm
@Yogi

Does the Airoc really play so well with the polyball when compared to other rubbers to shift a choice? Ie. Would someone who normally likes M3 better, possibly like Airoc S better if he were to play exclusively with the polyball? 

I tried my trusty Adidas P7 with the polyball - it spins just great - I had no issues... the ball just feels heavier and harder so contact is ever so slightly different - but a natural / instinctive adjustment is made within minutes...

Edited by Clarence247 - 09/15/2014 at 8:59pm
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 1:41am
just wait for my review on the poly ball and you will get my personal opinion on it.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic