FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

HINOKI - What rubbers you prefer ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HINOKI - What rubbers you prefer ?
    Posted: 09/17/2014 at 1:25pm
What rubbers you prefer to put on HINOKI blade ? HINOKI'S are usually very soft and bouncy wood, so in my opinion you would go with medium/hard or hard rubbers, or am I mistaking ? Would like to know what you play with on HINOKI wood ?
Blade, Rubbers, Shoes, Socks ...
Sponsored Links

hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 2:01pm

I have a TSP hinoki-carbon power. A nittuku H3 rubber which is quite soft (felt probably like 37 as the the stamp says 39+-2) plays nicely on it. The same piece of rubber felt no power on a lot of 7ply blades like, maple VII, clcc and some carbon blades like CC7 (btw, I found cc7 goes well with hard rubber).

Edited by hhca - 09/17/2014 at 11:52pm
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 2:16pm

I use hard rubber on Fh and medium on BH, like my signature.

Some years ago I used to play with Nittaku Septear, 7 ply all hinoki.. same thing.. Hard Fh and medium BH.

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 2:34pm
my thinking, soft outerply will not engage hard sponge effectively so softer than hard and which exact rubber  will depend on your speed / control requirements - to all , please correct my larger comment
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 8:28pm
Medium soft -> medium hard, not too bouncy with less than max thickness sponge.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 11:50pm
Use whatever you like and experiment - what you prefer is not tied to any specific formula other than how it responds to your touch.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 1:34am
When I talk about hinoki I mean single ply hinoki blade.
And for this kind of blade I prefer medium to soft rubbers, like Rakza 7 Soft or Vega Euro.

However when it comes to jpen single ply hinoki I prefer harder ones like Vega Asia or T05.
phill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 2:10am
hinoki + Mark v = perfect
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 1:57pm
I have feeling that Medium to Medium/Hard are best. Experimenting with many rubbers can be very very costly ... Sadly
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 2:09pm
I have no idea / experience on single-ply hinoki. However, I have played quite a bit with a softish composite blade (JRE) whose outer ply is Hinoki.

Soft rubbers did not gel well with that blade (45 deg and up worked fine). Outer ply + soft sponge created mushiness that resulted in loss of control.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I have no idea / experience on single-ply hinoki. However, I have played quite a bit with a softish composite blade (JRE) whose outer ply is Hinoki.

Soft rubbers did not gel well with that blade (45 deg and up worked fine). Outer ply + soft sponge created mushiness that resulted in loss of control.
I agree. Too soft of a rubber can have mushy feeling and loos of a control ... Very true !
puyol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puyol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 12:19am
For softer hinoki composite blades, hard FH + med-hard BH seems to be an ideal combination for me, based on my current setup: JRE with Rhyzm 48 2.0 FH + Tin Arc 37 2.0 BH.
vishal_dindoyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 12:20am
I had tried bryce speed fx on a photino once, it was a complete disaster! The throw was way too low and the topsheet felt completely not grippy and with those two factors in play the speed felt like doubled! It was completely uncontrolable. Bryce speed fx works better with koto blades.

I also found that grippy and higher throw rubbers in the 45 deg hardness worked best for hinoki outer ply blades.

Edited by vishal_dindoyal - 09/19/2014 at 12:22am
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Use whatever you like and experiment - what you prefer is not tied to any specific formula other than how it responds to your touch.

Good advice! In my experience it´s really individual how the racket responds to your touch and how it works with your type of game style. My advice is to try as many different rackets as you can to find out what works best for you, maybe you have some teammates that are willing to let you try their rackets. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 12:35am
I tried Victas VS>401, NOT good
I tried Tibhar Legend, NOT good
Haifu White Shark II, NOT good

Edited by 100niTenis - 10/04/2014 at 1:54pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 1:55pm
I tried 3 different MEDIUM sponged rubbers, and I did not have success so far. Any suggestions ?
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 2:17pm
What blade do you use? Pure hinoki multiply or only hinoki outer layers?
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 2:52pm
Here we go again - what hinoki blade is this, why don't you like it with whatever rubbers you have tried, and what is your playing level?  

What shots are you trying that you don't like the feel of?

The feel of a combination is largely preference.  But the question is why do you prefer a certain feel.  If you understand the benefits of a certain feel and adjust to it over time, those preferences can change.  I really learned to appreciate the feeling of dwell when I practiced looping against long pips for a prolonged period of time.  I did swing more slowly when driving and was heavily slow spin oriented.  I could swing hard, but to avoid bottoming out the rubbers when not smashing, my strokes where always spin oriented.  The timing I need was far less precise, so I could loop at will.

Mushiness does not result in a loss of control - it might force you adjust your swing timing, but that is again an individual preference and given where a player is in their stroke development, that may or may not be a good thing.  If you have a good mature loop, just use whatever worked in the past.  If you are developing one, then trying to understand how to loop with that rubber might teach you a little bit about equipment.

Edited by NextLevel - 10/04/2014 at 2:54pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 4:09pm
It is a 3 ply Hinoki blade. Like Tibhar or Dotec Waldner Hinoki. Would H3 Hurricane works in 2.0mm ?

Edited by 100niTenis - 10/24/2014 at 3:38pm
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by 100niTenis 100niTenis wrote:

It is a multi ply hinoki ... I will try softer rubbers now ...

It would really help us if you told us exactly which blade you are using ?
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 10:27pm
It is 3 ply Hand made and 6.5mm thick. Tibhar make 3 ply but thickness is 9mm and Donic makes Waldner Dotec with 3 ply with 8mm thickness

Edited by 100niTenis - 10/24/2014 at 3:39pm
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 11:47pm
The major problem for one-ply hinoki blades is that they are too bouncy. If you want to push, your ball will go high or long. If you just attack, put whatever rubber on.

No, I don't know what the best rubber is for them for short games.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 3:40pm
I am thinking to go with Hurricane H3 2.0mm to try !
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 4:41pm
try T05, I have T05 on my RSM G Max, and I love it a lot
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by 100niTenis 100niTenis wrote:

It is 3 ply Hand made and 6.5mm thick. Tibhar make 3 ply but thickness is 9mm and Donic makes Waldner Dotec with 3 ply with 8mm thickness

I am recently playing with an H-3-9 with T05 FH / T64 BH both in 2.1 and it feels just right for me ; Also the H-3-9 ( is not 9 mm ) if you talking about that blade , its close to 6.8 mm.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2014 at 4:48pm
I like harder tensor like 5Q on my vistas... H3 too hard you loose the hinoki feel
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic