Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola Maxxx-P & Rhyzm-P Review (Updated)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Maxxx-P & Rhyzm-P Review (Updated)
    Posted: 09/18/2014 at 10:29am
Sorry it took me 2 days to post the review because of being sick and due to the typhoon. These 2 amazing rubbers have been provided by www.greenpaddle.com, the official distributor of Joola in the Philippines. I have used several versions of Rhyzms and Maxxx's in the past and all I can say these 2 are unlike any other rubbers that I have tried. I used an Ebenholz 5 blade and Avenger 5 on both rubbers as test blades. 

Rhyzm-P
weight: 68 grams uncut (approx)
hardness: 45 degrees

Maxxx-P
Weight: 65 grams uncut (approx.)
Hardness: 42.5 degrees

As I opened the 2 rubbers I was in for a surprise of my life. I was expecting the usual different sponge topsheet combination but Joola has made a different design on these 2 rubbers in a very simple but elegant to look at. Large enough logos and names are very nice to look at. The topsheets of the 2 rubbers seem a little different from their predecessors in which the rubbers have a different texture and there is this increased quality that I have noticed. The sponge of the Rhyzm-P is different from the old Rhyzms because it is more porous. Also that the previous Rhyzms are in white and this is in orange. Maxxx-P is the opposite, the Maxxx 500 sponge sample that I have has a larger pore compared the Maxxx-P.

I have used the Joola 3 star  celluloid ball and the DHS 40+ polyball for testing both rubbers and here are my thoughts:

Speed:

Rhyzm-P is faster than Maxxx-P by several notches. During drives and counterhitting, The speed of the Rhyzm-P is really evident when hitting through the sponge. I think Rhyzm-P is almost or in the same level of speed compared with the original Rhyzm but with a softer feel. The Maxxx-P felt faster noticeably than the previous Maxxx 450. I dunno if the cause is the topsheet but both Rhyzm-P and Maxxx-P felt harder than 45 and 42.5 degrees respectively. When I used the DHS 40+ ball on both rubbers, both have low trajectory with Rhyzm as having the lower one. I would categorize their throw as Maxxx-P low to medium throw and Rhyzm-P as low throw. Middle distance, both rubbers are good and no decrease in speed in power has been observed but far from the table the Rhyzm-P really stands out. Rhyzm has this sharp trajectory upon hitting the ball with flat hits or spin drives. Maxxx-P has an arching effect.

Spin:

Both Maxxx-P and Rhyzm-P are a notch above their previous versions. For the celluloid balls, the Maxxx-P is like a combined Maxxx 450 and 500 in spin generation. I really find the Maxxx 500 spinny in terms of looping like using a chinese rubber which is more on a brushing stroke against the ball while the Maxxx 450 is also spinny but you need to hit more through the sponge and use the sponge more also to produce spin. Both of these properties by 2 different rubbers can be found in Maxxx-P. The Rhyzm-P is not far behind in terms of spin compared to Maxxx. I thought this was just another fast rubber with more emphasis on speed and less on spin blah, blah but I was wrong and was quite surprised. This version of the Rhyzm is very spinny. The previous rhyzms are spinny but not in the level of the P version. This one seems easier to produce spin also. What made me shun away from the previous Rhyzm versions is that the 48 degree version was too fast and the others were not too spinny. I think people who love the Rhyzm 48 will love the Rhyzm-P more simply because it is spinnier, easier to produce spin and more forgiving when looping. Same goes with the Maxxx-P.
Now the question is, were they still good in spin with the DHS 40+ ball? YES! and it is a BIG YES! I tested a lot of spinny loops on all contact points and timings on the table and all I can say is that both rubbers have a very good potential in spinning the polyball. I was wondering though even if they are very spinny both arcs of the Maxxx-P and Rhyzm-P still remained low to medium only. Although my loops were spinnier when I used the Joola 3 star celluloid ball, with the DHS 40+ there are still lots of spin left but only by a very small fraction. I could still feel the difference and even the student of mine who was blocking against my loop. At least there wasn't a large loss of spin when using a polyball. The Rhyzm-P was stronger when taking the ball on the rise and peak while Maxxx-P was better when looping the ball peak and late contact. When compared to the Evolution series, I think both rubbers have more or less equal spin.

Other comparisons:

controlled blocking against attacks: Maxxx-P
active blocking or punch blocking: Rhyzm-P
smashing: Rhyzm-P
drop shots: Maxxx-P
flicks: Rhyzm-P
serves: more or less equal in spin
pushes: Maxxx-P

So for both rubbers I give them a 2 thumbs up I am verryyyyyy impressed! Although I love the Maxxx-P more, I was more surprised and impressed with the Rhyzm-P because it felt more balanced in terms of offensive capabilities at the same time being forgiving. I guess Joola has produced their own versions of rubbers that are polyball ready. I recommend the Rhyzm-P if you hit middle to far distance from the table and Maxxx-P is you still want to spin a lot when using the new polyball. I am also expecting this to be very durable. The previous Maxxx and Rhyzm versions lasts very long and a lot of people appreciates their durability especially the Rhyzm series.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 11:21am
Looking forward to your review.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2014 at 4:38am
pics added
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2014 at 5:33am

Already anxious to read your review.. :D
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 2:06am
updated with review

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 3:00am
good review yogi... just when i was thinking i never need to change from rhyzm on my bh... you managed to tempt me towards rhyzm-p

you should start your own TT company
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 4:45am
Great review yogi, many thanks!

Rhyzm-P's low throw really confused me when I used it. So different to the original Rhyzm. I'm glad I'm not going slightly mad.

I had hoped to use R-P on my FH, but I'm just not going to be able adjust without a lot of time. I expected it to be quite different. It's exceptional on the drive, blocks like a wall, loads of spin in general. I tried it on my BH side and it's a great fit there.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 5:17am
Great review Yogi!Clap
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 10:30am
although maxxx-p fits my game better especially on the backhand, i would rate the rhyzm-p as a stronger rubber in terms of performance over the maxxx-p. i think it is in the level of the evolution series but with a softer feel and more forgiving towards strokes.

debraj, i know you love the 48 degree Rhyzm but this one is quite different. you should try somebody who bought this who knows you will love this even more.

alex, you can go ahead and post this at ooak :D

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 10:37am
lol why are not my pictures showing??

Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 10:45am
Hi Yogi, 
Could you give us the weight of the Rhyzm please. 

Thanks,
Tommi

Edited by Tommy16 - 09/23/2014 at 10:46am
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 10:59am
i forgot, i have the rhyzm review here, just use the search button in the search thread

zhijie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhijie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Tommy16 Tommy16 wrote:

Could you give us the weight of the Rhyzm please. 

70g for max.

Refer to link below. Look for fatt's post. His is also same weight.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34743&PN=6&title=reporting-the-mass-of-your-uncut-rubbers

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 12:07pm
man, I am the biggest Rhyzm fan on this forum.

A couple of things that scare me: 
1. spinier. Rhyzm is already spiny enough for me. Its easy to make it spinier by making the topsheet grippier, but you immediately make the rubber more reactive to incoming spin. I generally think that people in search of super spiny rubbers are looking at it all wrong. 
2. lower throw. I really hope that's only because the sponge is softer. I find the throw of old rhysm fkn perfect. How low? 64 - low? That's  a bit too low for me. If its because of the sponge softness, i am sure they will release a harder sponge later. 

So where can we buy this at a reasonable price?
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

i forgot, i have the rhyzm review here, just use the search button in the search thread

I´m sorry, I ment that could you let as know the weight of the Rhyzm-p! I have used at least a dozen of regular Rhyzms in past few years so I know the weight of that.

Sorry and thanks,
Tommi

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

1. spinier. Rhyzm is already spiny enough for me. Its easy to make it spinier by making the topsheet grippier, but you immediately make the rubber more reactive to incoming spin. I generally think that people in search of super spiny rubbers are looking at it all wrong. 
2. lower throw. I really hope that's only because the sponge is softer. I find the throw of old rhysm fkn perfect. How low? 64 - low? That's  a bit too low for me. If its because of the sponge softness, i am sure they will release a harder sponge later. 

It's really quite different to the original. I wasn't expecting it, but there you go.

It's easily as low as T64. Maybe a touch lower, especially on harder hits. It's 45deg, but it's not just the sponge hardness. I had it on the same blade as the Rhyzm 425, and the 425 was higher throw.
srale7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srale7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 6:08pm
Great review yogi, as usual :)

Why I cant see picture? A two days ago I could see themSmile

Can you compare Xiom Vega Europe (42,5°) with Maxxx-P (42,5°)

Or Xiom Omega 4 Europe (44°) with Rhyzm-P (45°)

This would generally be compare between the older generation ESN rubber with the latest generation of which is adapted to poly balls.

ThanksBeer
Xiom Zetro Quad ST 90g
FH Xiom Omega4 Euro max
BH Xiom Vega Europe max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 8:07pm
there I fixed the pics are now back on!

srale, vega europe was the first xiom rubber i reviewed here in mytt 2009 but comparing it to the maxxx-p, the XVE feels a little more softer. it is strange the hardness is 42.5 yet the maxxx-p feels like a 45

I have not tried Omega iv europe that much sorry

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 8:08pm

I´m sorry, I ment that could you let as know the weight of the Rhyzm-p! I have used at least a dozen of regular Rhyzms in past few years so I know the weight of that.

Sorry and thanks,
Tommi

i think it is posted above, approx. it is 68 grams uncut

Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 12:20am

Sorry and thanks,
Tommi

i think it is posted above, approx. it is 68 grams uncut

Okay, now I´m ashamed. I have to start to read things through before askin question Confused

I´m sorry again. Thanks for a great review!

Tommi

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 12:40am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

1. possibly because of the polyball
2. more or less like t-64

i dont know who has this in the states now maybe forum member RicharD knows, he is a connected with Joola I think.

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 2:05am
Joola has already officially released the rubbers, so most Joola dealers should have them soon if not already.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 5:36am
OOAK still doesn't have these 2 rubbers alex?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 7:58am
Didn't find it either yet on most US online dealers. I found it on timtt.de though and from a dealer in Germany on ebay stores.

Good review though Yogi_bear. Thanks!
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 9:59am
www.greenpaddle.com has it

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 1:18pm
the best thing about joola is that they mention the sponge hardness on the Rhyzm packet... loud and clear.

I absolutely appreciate this candidness, transparency from the company... and i will support any company that provides definitive information to consumers...instead of flowery literature... and made up numbers about speed spin and control ...like xiom and donic.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 4:13pm

www.greenpaddle.com has it

How do I make a purchase and have it shipped to US? they don't have a link where to order online.
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 4:18pm
I got my rhyzm-p from Bribhar here in the UK. I can order more and ship overseas if all else fails. Send a pm if interested.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 7:31pm

Will do very soon Embarrassed Keen to try it myself Big smile
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2014 at 1:49am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Will do very soon Embarrassed Keen to try it myself Big smile

could you PM me Alex soonest you have them? can't wait either, thanks in advance.. :D
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic