FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yinhe Big Dipper - Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Exactly. Buying 3 sheets to get the right Big Dipper then gets you into Tenergy territory.  And as we all know, more money has been spent looking for Tenergy replacements than buying actual sheets of Tenergy by amateurs trying to replace Tenergy.

How about this:

If you buy in bulk, Xiom Vega Pro rubber is around $22 at TT11. Big Dipper territory, not crazy fast and I'm assuming more consistent from batch to batch.

The funniest thing is that Vega Pro is one rubber I have heard great things about but never bought/tried because I thought ESN had improved.  I really should... someday...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 5:48pm
my 38° topsheet oxidized spots are getting even worse today. Looks like a shitty quality topsheet... After 15min of use :(
. It has NOTHING to do with 39° which is in  pristine condition after 10h of use.

I hope i'll get a bad one next time. Its a shame since its best rubber ever tried by far at that price and i was seriusly thinking about sticking with it on my FH, but i cant bear these crappy qc's .

Edited by jonyer1980 - 06/05/2015 at 6:03pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2015 at 8:21pm
just tried mine. should not have boosted lol. it was hard to keep on the table at first. stroke adjusted to chinese stroke then it worked. biggest con is it's pretty heavy. hurricane isn't this heavy.

it plays like heavily boosted and broken in provincial and is similar in quality. 

it has strong spin. i wouldn't say it's less than hurricane but bc it's bouncier, it's harder to keep the serves short.

i think if this were tacky, it could be very good. right now, it's slightly too fast and heavy. maybe a pro could use it. 

i will try it some more but so far, i think best h3 sub is G-1 - nearly identical spin, faster, similar hard sponge power, somewhat harder, not tacky so serves and short game are different.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2015 at 8:46pm
Kurokami , are you talking about fastarc g1

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2015 at 9:27pm
yes. i like G-1 a lot. i like alhelg more but it's not as similar to h3 feel than G-1
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2015 at 9:24am
Well, as i predicted a few days ago, my 2nd BD was utter crap. Don´t really know but looks like it was stored in a unproper place or maybe i got a bad one: Toshpeed ruined in a couples of days (less than 1 h of play) and became matt instead the glossy one i still keep.

I´ll be ordering another sample of 39º-38º, and if this happens again i´d rather prefer to stay away from it.

It´s a shame coz the good one i got plays like a really good Prov h3 heavily boosted.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 06/15/2015 at 9:27am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
K581 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K581 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2015 at 8:22pm
Hi, would anyone still recommend this rubber to try? I was eager but now am a bit hesitant to try since  the QC issues mentioned have not been stabilized after almost a year. Also because there apparently seems to be a big jump in the way it plays between hardnesses.

Was hoping to try this as a livelier TG2 NEO upgrade, but now am thinking of staying safe with either H3 NEO or TG3 NEO 
YEO Pro (red lens)
FH: TG2 Skyline NEO (41°) MAX
BH: Fastarc S-1           MAX

Waldner Senso Carbon (J0 Shape, solid handle)
FH: Palio Hadou Biotech CHN 39° MAX
BH: ?
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2015 at 12:46am
i just tested today and it does play like heavily boosted TG3. I say TG3 over hurricane because it doesn't grip the ball similar to hurricane vs like skyline. It is indeed quite bouncy and powerful with a ton of spin.

I ripkilled and outspun 2100's within a few loops so there's no problem there.

I boosted mine against recommendations so take it with a grain of salt that I found this to be one of the fastest and spinniest rubbers :p I think it would do better with a tackier topsheet like h3. (it's mildly tacky)

The main con I had with this rubber was that it's quite heavy, moreso than T05. It threw off my timing and made it so I could only hit power shots basically. I compared it immediately afterwards with a provincial H3N and the hurricane was a lot lighter, had a shorter trajectory, and easier to control. 

BD is definitely hybrid rubber. I would not be surprised if maxtense is german made.

Edited by kurokami - 06/16/2015 at 12:47am
Viscaria
H3N/T05
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2015 at 8:37am
nice review
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Flobert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2015 at 11:19am
Can someone tell me a good online store to buy the Big Dipper with 39° or 40° and with shipping to Germany?

Edited by Flobert - 06/16/2015 at 11:25am
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2015 at 12:39pm
i do
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 6:15pm
Well, i really regret to say i will not use BD anymore because of their crappy QC'S. My 39° sheet bubbled today after 8-9h of use (i never used any booster on this one ) and my 38° got ruined its tacky topsheet inmediately after the first day of use.

Really shame, it was THE RUBBER for me. Crear perfomance, no need to boost but definitely lame quality.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 06/26/2015 at 6:18pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 9:46pm
So far I have bought four, two 39 and two 40. The two 40 are still perfect but one 39 has bubble out of the package and one 39 has pretty bad top sheet wear. Could be down to luck but I think I will only buy 40 from now on and see if they can keep up.
K581 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K581 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 11:31pm
From reading the thread so far it really seems that the 38 & 39deg are consistently inconsistent. Luckily I prefer harder rubbers so I'll try the 40 once my current rubber becomes unusable. Hopefully it's not as dead as the previous posts suggest in comparison to the softer sponges.

Edited by K581 - 06/26/2015 at 11:32pm
YEO Pro (red lens)
FH: TG2 Skyline NEO (41°) MAX
BH: Fastarc S-1           MAX

Waldner Senso Carbon (J0 Shape, solid handle)
FH: Palio Hadou Biotech CHN 39° MAX
BH: ?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 2:55am
As i said before, my 39º was around two degrees harder on a DHS scale, and my 38º something like 40º.  I don´t accept any 50% odds to get a good one, i´d rather prefer to pay a little more and get something more consistent like H3 PROV.

BTW, apart from typical EBAY, Princett.com it´s really hard to get it even in CHINA. Nobody has it on Taobao, just only one vendor and has no stock of 39º....

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Saltebor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saltebor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 11:26am
You are making bad advertisement to a wonderful rubber :). I'm playing with 38 degree on one blade and 40 degree on another for more than 4 months without any issues. Yes, they oxidize, but do not loose speed and grip.Any they are more consistent than any H3 rubbers. No slippery no "bad moods". 

P.S> I was playing with H3 rubbers for more than 3 years, and always had some problems that forced me to search for replacements. Frankly my search is over. I just realize that I'm not interesting in testing any new rubbers anymore, after I got Big Dipper.

Edited by Saltebor1 - 07/23/2015 at 11:26am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 11:31am
Ive given my last opportunity to the 3rd sheet, so lets see if it happens the same. My 38° is absolutely RUSTY or worn. It has no friction or grip at all, became dead like an Anti....
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 11:39am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Ive given my last opportunity to the 3rd sheet, so lets see if it happens the same. My 38° is absolutely RUSTY or worn. It has no friction or grip at all, became dead like an Anti....

This was not my experience at all -   maybe you are not using the protector sheets.
Cybershape Carbon
Saltebor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saltebor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 1:12pm

This was not my experience at all -   maybe you are not using the protector sheets.
Where did you buy your rubbers? I have never had any of these problems, and I'm not using  plastic cover and we are having  humid condition in the club. I suggest to buy it  from Cole. At least, he sells  authentic products.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Saltebor1 Saltebor1 wrote:

Where did you buy your rubbers? I have never had any of these problems, and I'm not using  plastic cover and we are having  humid condition in the club. I suggest to buy it  from Cole. At least, he sells  authentic products.

Ask jonyer1980 - my experiences were similar to yours and other than my initial test, I bought everything from Cole.  I switched from BD for quality control reasons (I felt the 38 was inconsistently softer than the others and I don't like very hard sponge).  But as for going back, never say never...  I looked at some of my old counterattacks off the bounce with the rubber so MX-S has big shoes to fill...
Cybershape Carbon
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2016 at 8:41am
I bougth a black sheet of big deeper 38 deg. The rubber came with 8 edges, almost non tacky, too tensor type rubber. On the other side of the blade (Stiga OC) I use MX-P. the Hardnes of BD is very close to the hardnes of the MX-P. But not so jumpy.
Is it normal for BD, I tought it is similar to Xiom Tau? BD is softer, not tacky in comparison with Tau.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 4:33am
Yesterday i re-discovered the love with BD once again. I´ve been playing with MX-P this season but it pisses me off how the performance usually changes drastically after just a few weeks: typical ESN poor grip/slippery surface. I haven´t seen any meaningful improvement since 4-5 years on ESN topsheets since Bluefire/Evo series and now they´re even worse since the new p-ball wears off the topsheet much quicker than before&overall lack of spin with this crappy ball.

Unless ESN makes a great step this year, i´ll stick with chinese stuff once again.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 5:53am
MX-P came out in, what?  Late 2012?  It's old-gen now.  It's a great rubber but has specific problems which came with that generation - booster wearing off and shiny topsheet.  I don't like that generation with the plastic ball either because it starts off OK but slight topsheet wear results in slip on fine contacts.  They're fine if you drive the ball a lot or get excellent, solid contact on all shots (and of course, they're great if you use a fresh sheet every match like a sponsored player).  

I used to use Bluefire M3 with cell, but I find that with plastic I have to make sure i dig right into the sponge.  Slow, brushy shots are prone to dropping the 40+ once the initial shine is off the topsheet for me.  This is obviously technique dependent and YMMV.

But I find that recent ESN rubbers are much better - softer topsheets, matte, little or no slippage, good durability.  I've used a single sheet of OVA for my entire season (must be > 50 hours now, with the last few weeks off for testing Target Nat) and although the topsheet looks awful, the grip is still there.  I've been cleaning with Revolution No 3 recently and it seems to help a lot, especially after a match where the opponents have used a new dusty 40+ ball.

Tacky rubber comes with the advantage of ball grab, but there are the usual trade-offs of slow response on flat drives and demanding blocking technique.  I won't go back to BD now because the QC in one batch I got was poor and I don't like the risk, but if I could guarantee that I could get sheets like my initial 2 then I'd still be using it, because it was a lot better than traditional chinese rubbers WRT the downsides.

An interesting rubber to keep your eye on is Tibhar Hybrid K1.  This looks like a modern ESN 50 degree sponge (like the one on OVA, hopefully) with a tacky topsheet, made in germany.  It could be a tacky version of OVA.  They're only available in Asian markets at the moment though.
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 7:24am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

An interesting rubber to keep your eye on is Tibhar Hybrid K1.  This looks like a modern ESN 50 degree sponge (like the one on OVA, hopefully) with a tacky topsheet, made in germany.  It could be a tacky version of OVA.  They're only available in Asian markets at the moment though.

where in asia? have you seen/heard some place in asia already selling it?

instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 7:39am
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

where in asia? have you seen/heard some place in asia already selling it?

Brief discussion on the forum here:

They're all over taobao, and you can at least get a look at the sponge:

Still waiting for it to appear on one of the main webstores.  I've gone mental and used a taobao agent to buy one.  Still waiting to hear back from them.  I wouldn't recommend it.
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 10:49am
i was under the impression that their new Quantum rubbers haven't even got widely distributed let alone coming out with another new rubber.

okay, saw the link to the taobao... i'm very skeptical now...
it's like some minor deal tibhar europe made for tibhar china... i don't think it's going to go international like mx-p/mx-s and the likes. the price, the looks of the rubber and the packaging they all seem off to me.

it might be good rubber for the price range, but i don't think it will be a contestant for the big weight class of OVA, MXP/MXS and the likes. more like in the somewhat range of tin arc, STN and the likes

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

i was under the impression that their new Quantum rubbers haven't even got widely distributed let alone coming out with another new rubber.

okay, saw the link to the taobao... i'm very skeptical now...
it's like some minor deal tibhar europe made for tibhar china... i don't think it's going to go international like mx-p/mx-s and the likes. the price, the looks of the rubber and the packaging they all seem off to me.

it might be good rubber for the price range, but i don't think it will be a contestant for the big weight class of OVA, MXP/MXS and the likes. more like in the somewhat range of tin arc, STN and the likes

Quantum is everywhere, at least over here in Europe.  I'm not sure how successful it's been though.  Don't see many people using it.

It does look like it's aimed at the asian market, but you might expect that with it being tacky.  I still think that it looks interesting.  I enjoyed Xiom Tau a lot but it was brutal to use.  This could be a milder, more controllable ESN tacky rubber.  Even if it just gets to the performance level of STN, that's OK by me because the QC and consistency will probably be higher, and it fits the price bracket.  But if it never leaves the asian market then that's a worry.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 3:47pm
I fear it could be typical relabeled grip-s wich had teahadichrrible qc`sfrombatchsues fro batch to another. If its something nice they might haved listed on euro 2016 catalogue, isnt it?
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 5:03pm

I fear it could be typical relabeled grip-s wich had teahadichrrible qc`sfrombatchsues fro batch to another. If its something nice they might haved listed on euro 2016 catalogue, isnt it?

Grip-S was made in china by Haifu, but Hybrid K1 is Made in Germany according to the package.  Which is mainly why I'm interested.

I'm a bit surprised that they haven't bothered to release it globally.  Hard to say why they made that decision.
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2016 at 11:00am
probably because it's not up to snuff Tongue

i will get one and try it when i go to china in april, but i think you will beat me to it, as i don't think you can wait that long... i will also be waiting for your review... Wink

Edited by rokphish - 02/21/2016 at 11:03am

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
  Share Topic