Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yinhe Big Dipper - Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
Author
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 12:41pm
That's probably part of my problem. I am assuming that... My TG3 is maybe 3-4 weeks old. But I expected the comparison to my Tg3, I was more caught off by the comparison to Battle 2. When I first hit with BD, I assumed some tack had to wear off, it needed to break in etc... then hit with Battle 2 which was a good deal tackier- pick up the ball and hold for 10 seconds tacky- and still played faster? 
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 1:12pm
I haven't tried b2 yet, but I accidentally cut a sheet of tg3n a couple weeks ago.  It was about a half-step faster than pf4.  I was surprised how much of a traditional chinese, sticky rubber it felt like.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 1:39pm
I was testing them Side by side on two different Viscarias... I'm going to try to put them on the same on FH/BH and see if maybe it's just because of that. One is 91g and my main blade that I've used for more than a year, the other is an 87.5g that's been sitting brand new for a year collecting dust. 
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 2:25pm
... and, as expected, the result of this thread is that, as of today, you cannot buy the 38 deg BD anywhere in the US... even though they began selling it (supposedly) also at the Megaspin store. 
I wonder how long it takes to re-stock the rubber. I wonder if the next batch will be identical with the first one. This world is not a perfect place...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
RyKnocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 6:15pm
BD 38* has been available at colestt.Com for the past few weeks. Just checked again and you can still get it in black from him. He also has Battle 1/2 if you wanna join the club in comparing BD to either of the 729 offerings.
BTY Viscaria: FH Black Battle II / BH Red 802-40 2.0mm

Galaxy W-6: FH: FH/BH Yinhe Big Dipper 38*
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by RyKnocks RyKnocks wrote:

BD 38* has been available at colestt.Com for the past few weeks. Just checked again and you can still get it in black from him. He also has Battle 1/2 if you wanna join the club in comparing BD to either of the 729 offerings.
I use two rubbers, black and red... Yes, of course, Cole has been an excellent provider, that's where I got my first two sheets. I wanted to get two more today... no such luck. What am I doing what am I doing... I am winding up the buyout spiral Wink
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

I use two rubbers, black and red... Yes, of course, Cole has been an excellent provider, that's where I got my first two sheets. I wanted to get two more today... no such luck. What am I doing what am I doing... I am winding up the buyout spiral Wink

I have a few sets of 38 if interested.  contact me thru PM.  Thanks
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2015 at 10:48am
I put a fresh sheet of BD 38 on last week, but this one is noticeably harder than any of the older sheets I have.  Had an end-of-season tournament last night where I played well, but the overly hard feel of the BD 38 has put me off using it.  The softer sponge was the key for me - it allowed the rubber to behave like a hybrid.  This harder one felt a lot more like a "typical" chinese rubber, but the semi-tacky nature left me without much firepower during play.

I'm not sure this is a Yinhe QC problem as such - it could be more of a conscious decision to harden the BD range up somewhat.  Regardless, it isn't the same anymore and I'm off to pastures new.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2015 at 11:59am
on the hardness of sponge, the first batch I got was soft.  The second was hard (probably 40 repackaged.)

But the third batch was pretty soft again.  I think they probably were just scrapping to meet demand.  Hopefully they will be able to iron that out.

That said, I don't use it either.  I can serve 99% as spinny with illumina, and the third ball is much easier to hit without the tack.

Ergosquare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ergosquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2015 at 11:55am
Can anybody make a comparison to a XIOM Vega Pro?

Maybe someone could recommend one of these rubbers on blades like mine (Nittaku Barwell Fleet).

Greetings.
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2015 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I put a fresh sheet of BD 38 on last week, but this one is noticeably harder than any of the older sheets I have.  Had an end-of-season tournament last night where I played well, but the overly hard feel of the BD 38 has put me off using it.  The softer sponge was the key for me - it allowed the rubber to behave like a hybrid.  This harder one felt a lot more like a "typical" chinese rubber, but the semi-tacky nature left me without much firepower during play.

I'm not sure this is a Yinhe QC problem as such - it could be more of a conscious decision to harden the BD range up somewhat.  Regardless, it isn't the same anymore and I'm off to pastures new.

The Hardness could well be effected by the quality / type of factory boosting. For example, if you have ever tried Sanwei T-88I although its hard - it feels soft and elastic during the 1st 2/3 weeks....then it loses elasticity and it's like hitting with a spinny piece of wood.... 

It could be, that the rubber was not stored properly and the boost wore out - therefore the harder batch?
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Saltebor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saltebor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2015 at 11:31pm
Play yesterday with Big Dipper and h3 neo prov.
blades vkmo for Big Dipper ; Tibhar stratus power defense for H3.
Big Dipper hardness 38, already playing for few months, twice a week. H3 brand new, first time played.
H3 hardness 39; thickness 2.1. H3 feels a little softer then BD. Block better with H3. i played against defender. Topspin against heavy 2 and 3 chop better with H3. H3 generate more spin then BD. BD is a little faster then H3. Topspin ralley for the second zone better with BD. Both rubbers play very similar. As a replacement for H3 , definitely. Keep In mind I'm playing with Bd for 2 month without regluing , and I still have the same speed that I had in the beginning. I really love this rubber.
comodoensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2015 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Ergosquare Ergosquare wrote:

Can anybody make a comparison to a XIOM Vega Pro?

Maybe someone could recommend one of these rubbers on blades like mine (Nittaku Barwell Fleet).

Greetings.

waaaayyyyy to different mister. BD is a chinese style rubber, though for me it's a bit hybrid, more speed on drives and flats than most hard sponged chinese rubber, but a bit lost on spin department. maybe it can be solved with a harder degree.

on the other hand, vega pro is definitely a german tensor rubber. good to excellent level of grip, definitely faster than BD on both loops or drives
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2015 at 9:25am
How many corners does the provincial/commercial version? I bought a commercial but i think they sent me accidentally a provincial instead. Mine's got a sticker "provincial edition" and 6 corners.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
bluehorseshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluehorseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2015 at 9:58am
Usually it is square, so 4 corners.  Where did you get it?  Let us know how it plays.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68077&PID=823122#823122
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2015 at 10:11am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

How many corners does the provincial/commercial version? I bought a commercial but i think they sent me accidentally a provincial instead. Mine's got a sticker "provincial edition" and 6 corners.

There's a provincial version now?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2015 at 10:33am
I just need the original, extremely soft, 38 deg back
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2015 at 12:01pm

Can you share some pics showing where "Provincial Edition" is shown on the package? I have bought a few and they seems to come in random with or without corners cut. One difference I can see on the package is the lower right corner sticker which tells the sponge hardness. The sticker is either silver or plain white.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2015 at 2:02pm
http://postimg.org/image/xjqf0j50t

http://s29.postimg.org/m0ejbc85j/20150512_142203.jpg

Edited by jonyer1980 - 05/12/2015 at 2:05pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2015 at 7:40pm

Thanks. That is something new. I see they have a similar sticker on their rubber Moon too but that is probably saying many provincial teams are using it. Like to know if there is any difference on your BD with the new sticker.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2015 at 7:46pm
I made a bat with big dipper one side and 729 aurora a on the other, made me fall in love with the aurora actually, it seemed to have spin and a crack noise when flat hit alot of fun
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
RyKnocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2015 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

I made a bat with big dipper one side and 729 aurora a on the other, made me fall in love with the aurora actually, it seemed to have spin and a crack noise when flat hit alot of fun

Same thing happened to me but with Battle II.  Would you be able to compare Battle II and Aurora?  I want to try Aurora.
BTY Viscaria: FH Black Battle II / BH Red 802-40 2.0mm

Galaxy W-6: FH: FH/BH Yinhe Big Dipper 38*
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2015 at 12:55am

Same thing happened to me but with Battle II.  Would you be able to compare Battle II and Aurora?  I want to try Aurora.
Ill make up a bat soon, 
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2015 at 9:32am
what brand is aurora?

eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2015 at 9:48am

I'd say Battle I is an updated Aurora and higher quality. Have either of you tried it?
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2015 at 9:48am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2015 at 10:03am
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Thanks. That is something new. I see they have a similar sticker on their rubber Moon too but that is probably saying many provincial teams are using it. Like to know if there is any difference on your BD with the new sticker.

I'll give you my opinion for sure once I could try it in-deep... Topsheet reminds me typical globe999 national but with much faster sponge. Its just mild tacky and quite bouncy considering to any other Chinese rubbers but the dome isn't that strong though. Let's say something between H3 neo and Grips Europe. It can also grab a ball for half a second-one second or so...

Edited by jonyer1980 - 05/13/2015 at 10:04am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2015 at 4:18pm
where can I buy a new BD and how much does it cost?
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2015 at 12:46pm
Well, I could test my BD it a while at the end a few sessions. 

There´s nothing new that you have stated before, probably the best chinese rubber under 20$ and for sure  the loudest faster chinese ever tried just out of the package; it´s perfectly playable just straight of the package.  That exaggerated cracking sound makes me laugh, i never expect it might be that fast. However, it but not as spinny as H3 Neo. I don´t know where´s the secret though maybe I was lucky and i got a really fresh tuned unit this time, or i it´s really prov quality edition in fact,  but anyway,  I´m really excited about it.  I´m quite surprised coz the dome wasn´t that big, noticeably less than Whale II. I would name it as a chinese tensored rubber, the best substitute for GRIP EUROPE users for just half of it´s price. 

However, my 39º proved to be much harder than typical DHS shore. That differs for what i´ve been reading here and some other forums.  My BD felt felt more of 40º or even 41º scale, which means much harder than expected,  hard as brick, i don´t know if it´s a matter of QC´s but it´s indeed really hard.   Maybe i´ll try to soften it with a few layers of Falco once the tune effect wears off. BYT,  i´m just ordering a 38º.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2015 at 6:14pm
Please anyone compare BD 39 or 40 degrees to Thors. Which one is harder, which has longer or shorter arc, better in short game, which one is more "chinese" etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
  Share Topic