FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yinhe Big Dipper - Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2016 at 4:50pm
Andy, is Omega V Asia better in 2.0mm or Max?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2016 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Andy, is Omega V Asia better in 2.0mm or Max?

My first sheet was Max, but my 2nd 2.0 in an attempt to save weight. The sponge is hard enough that bottoming out is a pipe dream anyway. I've stuck with 2.0 since because I just can't see me getting any benefit from the extra thickness.

I had a full session with it again tonight and it was super awesome, as ever. I really shouldn't try new things. Pointless now.

Are you thinking of dipping your toes in?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2016 at 6:22pm
Someone got me 2 sheets in max so I am trying to figure out whether it is worth it or not.
Cybershape Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 4:43am

Someone got me 2 sheets in max so I am trying to figure out whether it is worth it or not.

Hard to say.  Not the thickness (doesn't matter really, still great in max), but if it will work for you.  I went Big Dipper -> MX-S but found it unforgiving on finer contact brushing, and OVA was just the ticket for me.  But, in comparison with MX-S, it feels less direct and nowhere near as sharp, especially on blocks and drives.  You've since gone to MX-P.  It's really tough to picture how OVA would feel to you, or how it would suit your game.

OVA's main feature which I can't find anywhere else is how it effortlessly supports mixed looping.  Counters stay low and nasty, general topspin has medium arc and linear delivery, sharp brushing has high arc.  It's so easy to mix this all together and chain a large variety of loops together.  This makes it far easier for me to use in comparison with MX-S where the throw stays stubbornly low, but MX-P is undoubtedly faster in the low/medium gears, so you would be trading speed for spin and bringing in a slightly squishy feel on flatter shots I guess.

Or just sell them to me.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 10:29am
Well, I will open on sheet and give it a try. I still haven't received it yet. I will probably send you the other one. Right now, I am testing EL-P and surprisingly like it. It has the sponge Baracuda should have had. I haven't decided to go all in yet but it is getting closer...
Cybershape Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 10:38am

Well, I will open on sheet and give it a try. I still haven't received it yet. I will probably send you the other one. Right now, I am testing EL-P and surprisingly like it. It has the sponge Baracuda should have had. I haven't decided to go all in yet but it is getting closer...

I'm very interested to find out what you think of it.

EL-P is the Evolution rubber I've spent the least time with.  How are you finding it in comparison with MX-P?

Donic should really pull their fingers out and make an updated version of Baracuda.
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 10:53am
I just moved from EL-P 2.0 as my FH rubber to OVA 2.0. So far so good. I have nothing bad to say about EL-P at all but my ball seems a bit more spinny with the OVA. I did have to adjust my pushes just a bit. With the harder sponge I had to make sure I wasn't digging into the sponge to bring the ball down a bit. But my mid distance blocks were better due to the harder sponge. Loops and drives are excellent. Thanks for the recommendation.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 11:07am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I'm very interested to find out what you think of it.

EL-P is the Evolution rubber I've spent the least time with.  How are you finding it in comparison with MX-P?

Donic should really pull their fingers out and make an updated version of Baracuda.

It's an excellent rubber. It's feels more like T05 than MX-P does in some ways but has a lower arc. But the defensive control very much compensates. My pushes have never been better. It is like a cheaper and more linear T80/05. I don't feel I have lost anything and I just have to decide whether I want to commit or not. I probably have more upward motion in my stroke than ideal for 05. Very very underrated rubber.
Cybershape Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 11:12am
Lots of happy people.  Can't argue with that.  I'm still pratting around with my BH rubber (mainly between JP02 and OVE), so I might go down the log1c1an route and give EL-P a fair crack.

(pssst, Donic.  Plastic-optimised version of Baracuda.  Paracuda.  You know you want to)
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 11:36am

Lots of happy people.  Can't argue with that.  I'm still pratting around with my BH rubber (mainly between JP02 and OVE), so I might go down the log1c1an route and give EL-P a fair crack.

(pssst, Donic.  Plastic-optimised version of Baracuda.  Paracuda.  You know you want to)

Yes, I'll second that.   Baracuda Blue series!  Make mine with the M2 sponge, please.  Clap
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 2:24pm

Don't you find the jp02 really heavy for its sponge hardness? I havnt measured it'd weight but found it as heavy or maybe a bit heavier than mx-p, OVE definitely a lot lighter. Have you tried xiom vega pro on yua bh perhaps?

I found mx-s a bit tough to do fine contact strokes on a sams force pro be, Atleast compared to mx-s on my vega pro blade (my vega pro has a bit harder feel than all the other vego pros iv tried, and a lot harder than the sams force pro be I tried).

Loving the mx-s on my FH! Can play lazy no more, even while playing against lower rated players haha! always need to put in a decent stoke which I kinda like, especially since it rewards you on a well committed shot), and is pretty darn easy to block with!
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

Don't you find the jp02 really heavy for its sponge hardness? I havnt measured it'd weight but found it as heavy or maybe a bit heavier than mx-p, OVE definitely a lot lighter. 

Yes, it's definitely heavy for a "medium" rubber.  I like lots of things about JP02, and OVE (which is lighter, as you say), but they both have niggly little frustrating things about them.  JP02 feels very stiff in some way on any low-effort shot, so I end up with some instances of the ball stalling on me (my fault, not the rubber of course).  Then I switch to OVE and it's great apart from when well away from the table, where it feels a little bit unstable in comparison.  So I just bounce from one to the other, like the idiot I am.  Really, I should stick to OVE because it suits my game far more, but I get suckered in to using JP02 after a long distance loop rally.

Have you tried xiom vega pro on yua bh perhaps? 

Not for ages.  I found it a bit hard overall.  Classic rubber though.

Loving the mx-s on my FH! Can play lazy no more, even while playing against lower rated players haha! always need to put in a decent stoke which I kinda like, especially since it rewards you on a well committed shot), and is pretty darn easy to block with!

It's definitely a training aid if nothing else!  It does not forgive cackhandedness.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2016 at 5:08pm

Hard to say.  Not the thickness (doesn't matter really, still great in max), but if it will work for you.  I went Big Dipper -> MX-S but found it unforgiving on finer contact brushing, and OVA was just the ticket for me.  But, in comparison with MX-S, it feels less direct and nowhere near as sharp, especially on blocks and drives.  You've since gone to MX-P.  It's really tough to picture how OVA would feel to you, or how it would suit your game.

OVA's main feature which I can't find anywhere else is how it effortlessly supports mixed looping.  Counters stay low and nasty, general topspin has medium arc and linear delivery, sharp brushing has high arc.  It's so easy to mix this all together and chain a large variety of loops together.  This makes it far easier for me to use in comparison with MX-S where the throw stays stubbornly low, but MX-P is undoubtedly faster in the low/medium gears, so you would be trading speed for spin and bringing in a slightly squishy feel on flatter shots I guess.

Or just sell them to me.

I rebuilt a lot of my game with Big Dipper.  I thought MX-S was close, but this is even closer.  Maybe I should get 2.0 but I am probably going to stick with Max for the foreseeable future.  I wish I had listened to you and General Specific much earlier.  It is slowish on flat hits, almost like a tacky rubber, but still much better than a tacky rubber.

I think I now know what I am when it comes to TT equipment - I am a medium to fast offiensive blade, slow offensive rubber kinda guy.  This is right in that wheelhouse.
Cybershape Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2016 at 4:44am

Or just sell them to me.

I rebuilt a lot of my game with Big Dipper.  I thought MX-S was close, but this is even closer.  Maybe I should get 2.0 but I am probably going to stick with Max for the foreseeable future.  I wish I had listened to you and General Specific much earlier.  It is slowish on flat hits, almost like a tacky rubber, but still much better than a tacky rubber.

I think I now know what I am when it comes to TT equipment - I am a medium to fast offiensive blade, slow offensive rubber kinda guy.  This is right in that wheelhouse.

Thumbs Up
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2016 at 8:22pm

Really, I should stick to OVE because it suits my game far more, but I get suckered in to using JP02 after a long distance loop rally.

Not sure which one, but are you using a Donic Crest model?

If you're using Donic Crest OFF, then definitely try Acuda P2 for BH. I tried it on the MJ-SZLC (which has a sort-of similar type of construction with hard limba outer) and it is a amazing fit.

The advantage over OVE and Rasant Grip is that the sponge of P2 seems to be firmer (because it has smaller pores). So, it does not bottom out as fast as those 2. It's throw & spin do not collapse / vanish on slighty harder strokes either.

P2 seems to be spinnier than RG or OVE on proper BH loops.

The most often cited P2 disadvantages (1. topsheet is soft and 2. It has less catapult on soft strokes) are both ameliorated by using a fast blade (like the Donic Crest OFF or the MJ-SZLC). To me, it seems to be as fast as M2 which is fast enough. 
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2016 at 3:46am
I tried P2 (and P3) on release but had usability issues.  I agree with what you say about P2 but on this blade (it's the Crest AR+ which is softer than the Off) I had some problems with the off/on gearing and it drove me up the wall in match situations.  OVE seems better in this regard, but I'm still pratting around with BH options and I might take a trip back through time to try some older classics out.

To be honest, I have the BH yips at the moment and should just stick with something until it goes away.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 5:13am
anyone tried BD2? 

Which will be the retail price?
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

anyone tried BD2? 

Which will be the retail price?
Could you please share some info on BD2? Personally, I haven't heard about it yet but surely am intrigued.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 10:17am
Sorry but not that much to resurrect old threads,

Anyone still using Big Dipper?
Any comments to save me reading all 19 pages!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

Sorry but not that much to resurrect old threads,

Anyone still using Big Dipper?
Any comments to save me reading all 19 pages!

I am using for last 5 month. the only problem I found is weight. could be perfect rubber for me if it was lighter
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 12:34pm
my blade is lightish so that should not worry me.
any comparision coming from h3neo
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 12:46pm

my blade is lightish so that should not worry me.
any comparision coming from h3neo

Didn't use h3neo so can't compare ...
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 2:19pm
38 degrees maximizes the hybrid feel. Passive blocking is awkward at the early stages because the tackiness cancels out the reactiveness of the sponge. It's a pretty fast rubber and good on most shots after broken in.

I echo the sentiment it'd be an absolutely superb rubber if not for the weight. When cut it's about 5g heavier than H3 neo which doesn't sound like a lot but is pretty noticeable if you're sensitive like I am.

It's way more dynamic than an unboosted h3n and not as tacky. If you are already boosting hurricane, you might as well stick with that. I thought about trying 40 degrees but ended up boosting my hurricane instead.

Summary: I found Big Dipper to be softer, faster, less tacky, heavier and a bit easier to use.
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 6:24pm
cheers, sounds ideal to me
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 12:46am

cheers, sounds ideal to me

It's ideal if you're used to Euro/Jap rubbers but want to give Chinese rubber a go. It's not as fast as Tenergy and other modern tensors but still pretty fast in my opinion. Especially coming from hurricane. Hope you like it. :)
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 1:28am
im still waiting for BD2...
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 8:55am
They were supposed to send me samples but I didn't get any, so I guess they're out.  It isn't available yet as of a couple weeks ago.

I did get a couple of apollo samples in gold foil wraps.  Also a couple of samples of earth and venus with blue and red sponge and the label "TOUR" on the package whatever that means.  And one black Jupiter.

I cut one apollo.  I didn't like it, but I'm not prone to like that kind of rubber.  Pretty sticky coming out of the package - ball went splat.  I would probably like the earth and venus better.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2017 at 2:02pm
For those that don't know, to save you the struggle, here's the pronunciation.

Yinhe
The first character "yin" is pronounced with the Y silent.  So, "een"
The second character "he", is pronounced similarly to "huh".  (this sound is difficult to explain)

So, Yinhe is pronounced eenhuh.

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2017 at 2:07pm
well first impressions are wow! hurricane spin with a bit more pace.
going to try it at a tournament tomorrow
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2017 at 2:35pm

well first impressions are wow! hurricane spin with a bit more pace.
going to try it at a tournament tomorrow

Where you got it from mog1111 and price ? Any pictures so we can see :).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
  Share Topic