FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Anything better than TB ALC???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 4:05pm
YEO is good. It has a walnut top ply I believe. Doesn't splinter at all since it comes presealed by manufacturer. Great blade nonetheless, might feel a bit stiff and hard at first. I had the JTTAA version one.

Handle is super comfy in FL and for the price its a good bargain.

Edited by DreiZ - 09/22/2014 at 4:06pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

YEO isn't that much a step up. and the jttaa version's construction is different. most ppl like that one.

i would have also gone with power wood. quite cheap and really good for the $

Ordered whatever version tt11 had, they said it's 90g and pre-sealed which kind of caught my attention, so don't know if it's jttaa version or not.

Among other things, I didn't like the power wood handle to be honest Embarrassed

Edited by unstopabl3 - 09/22/2014 at 4:13pm
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

YEO is good. It has a walnut top ply I believe. Doesn't splinter at all since it comes presealed by manufacturer. Great blade nonetheless, might feel a bit stiff and hard at first. I had the JTTAA version one.

Yes, read these things in the reviews so I was inclined towards it, plus a mod recommended it as well so I got intrigued towards it more :P

Does it say jttaa anywhere on your blade, I doubt mine is that one or else it should have said that in the description right? And I'm sure jttaa version would have costed a bit more as well since it's more popular :P
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

-

That says it all.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

YEO isn't that much a step up. and the jttaa version's construction is different. most ppl like that one.

i would have also gone with power wood. quite cheap and really good for the $

Ordered whatever version tt11 had, they said it's 90g and pre-sealed which kind of caught my attention, so don't know if it's jttaa version or not.

Among other things, I didn't like the power wood handle to be honest Embarrassed

thats kinda heavy for a YEO most of the YEO ive tried ranges from 83-86 grams
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by mikepong mikepong wrote:

Its a good 5 ply blade. Best 5ply for me. But it plays different from an alc tho.. anyway what blade/rubber were you using before?

Yeah I know it's not a carbon one but I thought since it's OFF and has koto outer ply, it should still be an upgrade from my previous blade which was Ma Lin Soft Carbon.

Already ordered it alongwith Rakza 9 for FH and Rakza 7 soft for BH from tt11

Should be here in two weeks , can't waitEmbarrassed

YEO doesn't have a Koto outer ply unless things have changed.

You might like the blade, but I decided that it was a challenging blade for players without mature strokes.  I would have bought the Stratus Powerwood or Force Pro instead.

i would say its good for loop and counterloop but for short game its challlenging
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 6:30pm

in japan acoustic used to be the most popular for men and violin for women. then it became tb alc for men, if zlf for women. now we're seeing a lot of mizutani and if zlc, but if alc and tb alc are still very popular. i'd say tb alc is the most popular men's blade globally. i've played viscaria for several yrs under several coaches' recommendation and i've tried a few tb alc including some pros'. i like it a lot and if not playing vis, i'd be using tb alc

Do you mean in composite blades?
I'd be very surprised if any blade, other than a Chinese rec blade, comes anywhere close to the sales figures for the Stiga Allround Classic.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by mikepong mikepong wrote:

i would say its good for loop and counterloop but for short game its challlenging

I used it when I was a much worse player so maybe I would change my mind today, but the blade I had just didn't have a consistent sweet spot  and was low throw.  Maybe if I had put Tenergy on it, I might have liked it, but Baracuda didn't help me love the blade either.

IMHO, the feeling of dwell is helpful to an older learning player.  However, most learning players like hard contact (it feels like more solid directional hitting) until they learn to loop or are forced to try to do soft short pushes where they need to relax and feel the ball.  If/when they learn to loop (which is much easier than developing extremely soft touch, IMO), they then see the value in dwell/feedback for figuring out how to modify their strokes.

Edited by NextLevel - 09/22/2014 at 6:46pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 9:41pm

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Yes, read these things in the reviews so I was inclined towards it, plus a mod recommended it as well so I got intrigued towards it more :P

Does it say jttaa anywhere on your blade, I doubt mine is that one or else it should have said that in the description right? And I'm sure jttaa version would have costed a bit more as well since it's more popular :P

It should have a burn print on the side of the handle "JTTAA" for jap version +... a plastic logo on the bottom of the handle??? (not sure)

I may be wrong as models change year to year, mine was about 3 years old and I sold it a while ago.

*edit I might have had the euro version since my didn't have the JTTAA stamp. Nonetheless its a great blade. Too bad I sold mine a while ago. Originally bought it from megaspin.net

Edited by DreiZ - 09/22/2014 at 9:47pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic