Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tip to better play...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thatguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tip to better play...
    Posted: 09/24/2014 at 10:45am
It's something everyone who wants to play better should do....PRACTICE :)

I tried to play with the help of jrscatman after a ~33 year lay-off
- changing gear constatntly wont help your game but it will build your collection :)
LOL

if in the wrong sub forums please move, delete, ban whatever.

Edited by thatguy - 09/24/2014 at 10:45am
Sponsored Links

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 10:59am
Welcome back to the game - thatguy.
Hope you had fun. 
In your case practice would work. You have the basics and the knowledge.

For others, I would say make sure to practice properly. Otherwise, people might get into a situation where they are grooving bad shots. So important to make sure the technique is correct.

BTW: thatguys equipment is JM with T05 both sides. 
Thought it would fast but surprisingly control oriented. 
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
thatguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 6:58pm
Correction jrscatman

Edited by thatguy - 09/24/2014 at 6:59pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 8:21pm
" Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."

Bruce Lee
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 10:31pm
" Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless. And send me any black tag Viscarias you may have laying around"

Baal
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 10:45pm
lol baal LOL
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 10:52pm
you say the key is practice but you buy the most expensive combination out there, looks like trying to take shortcuts
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by thatguy thatguy wrote:

Correction jrscatman

Ooops - I shouldn't say anything about equipment. Guess it's not a JM but something else. Got the Tenergy part right!

I think thatguy - wanted to get a very good combination - then he can fully focus on getting his technique back without having to worry about equipment. That's my guess. 
Butterfly MPS
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

" Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."
Bruce Lee
Hmm so in table tennis how would this work. Maybe I should watch the movie - is that "Enter the Dragon?"
Butterfly MPS
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2014 at 2:08am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

you say the key is practice but you buy the most expensive combination out there, looks like trying to take shortcuts

Exactly what I was thinking
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2014 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking
Perhaps he should have said "get the best equipment you can get and then practice, practice, practice"
Butterfly MPS
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 4:15pm
Of course practice is the most important, but a setup you really likes can be really good for your self-confidencel. Wink 
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 4:18pm
Don't give distractions the power to ruin your match.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic