Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Am I the first to receive the tester Kanaph?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I the first to receive the tester Kanaph?
    Posted: 09/25/2014 at 4:16pm
Received the blade yesterday. Beautiful blade! <div abp="891">can confirm that it is 3+2 construction. Two thin layers of carbon under the surface hinoki. Will try it out tommorrow.
<div abp="892">

first impressions:

I've had two sessions with the kanaph, Friday and today. I had on FH H3 regular 39degree (although the particular piece of H3 felt more like 40). BH 5Q. My regular blade was Dhs 506. I've also been playing hayabusha Zx for a few sessions. From 506 to the Zx, the transition was smooth: after 5mins hitting with the Zx. I felt comfortable with Zx and can start game with confidence. However, the same can not be said with Kanaph. I needed a good 30 minutes to get used to kanaph. this may partly due to the fact that I have not played a hinoki top ply blade recently. hitting/looping with small force, the blade actually felt a bit bouncy and going long a lot. With that feedback, when looping with full force, I naturally tried to close the blade a bit but it will end up hitting the net a lot. After 30 minutes, it got a lot better.
kanaph is no primorac carbon nor TSP hino-carbon in terms of raw power. However, the blade felt solid with just the right amount of vibration to give your hand the proper feedback. With a good swing, it can generate tremendous power. A notable bright spot compared with primorac carbon/TSP hino-carbon is that the kanaph has a incredible 2nd kick. There is notable difference between the 1st speed (ball leaves your blade) and the 2nd speed (after the ball bounces off the table on the opponents side). With more forward motion in looping, the ball dips with accelerated speed after bounce.
On sunday, I changed the FH to a softer new TG3 39 degree which actually felt like 39 degree with livelier sponge. The FH loop consistency improved a lot.

BH: the throw felt lower compared with Zx and 506. Was hitting the net a lot initially. With a beat up 5Q, I was having some unforced errors in opening BH loop with back spin. With a new Rasant, it improved a lot. in BH to BH top spin rallies, I found I had to brush the ball more to have the desired consistency.

touch play/push: kanaph felt a bit bouncy which was a bit surprising considering its soft hinoki top ply. however, kanaph isn't particularly bad in this department but just not exceptional.

In game actions: on Friday, I was able to achieve 80% of my normal winning percentage against regular opponents. On Sunday after changing the FH to 39 degree neo TG3, I was able to achieve the normal winning percentage.

Blocking and away from table top spin rally. Didn't have the proper opponent to experience these two aspects of the game.

overall impressions after two sessions:

kanaph is an off looping blade.
needs some playing time to get used to.
a bit bouncy in low gear.
really liked the 2nd kick and the big differences between 1st and 2nd speed. Definitely a keeper.

update: Oct 10.

Another two sessions on Friday and Sunday. Much more comfortable with touch play. I must say that kanaph has very good control in touch play, bushing.

Edited by hhca - 10/06/2014 at 11:06pm
Sponsored Links

Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2014 at 4:55pm
I received mine too yesterday and hope to be able to test maybe on Saturday. The blade looks very beautiful and the craftsmanship is superb. Also, the hinoki top ply looks and feels very smooth similar to my beloved Dr. Neubauer Hercules blade.
Indeed, 3+2 construction with the carbon around the center ply (burnt kiri) and relatively thick hinoki outer plies.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2014 at 5:32pm
WTG guyz.

Did UPS, FedEx, US Postal, or someone else deliver it?
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2014 at 5:48pm
canada post did mine
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2014 at 6:02pm
US postal here
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2014 at 7:59pm
nice, i am still waiting for mine
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
peter234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2014 at 10:13pm
nice blades! cool !
Lalicat Browser
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2014 at 11:41pm
I received mine on Tuesday.  80g ST handle.

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

SolidEvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolidEvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2014 at 4:39am
Good things come to those who wait, and this looks like it was worth the wait for the lucky few.
Interested in how all the reviews are going to be.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2014 at 4:51am
I paied for EMS shipping from 18th of September(day of shipping too) and from the 19th of September the package is still in the status "INCHEON".I don't know what is happening...It supposed to have the blade already but I am still waiting.Let's see when the package will start to move again!!!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2014 at 7:53am
opps. i received mine today together with the Nexy 40+ balls. thanks Oscar!!!!
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

sahiggs100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sahiggs100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2014 at 3:56pm
Just got mine a few days ago as well. Probably won't be able to try it out til Monday. But a absolutely beautiful blade and I'm very excited to give it a spin.
Blade: Nexy Lissom
FH: Gambler Outlaw Black
BH: RITC 802 Short Pips Red

Please Don't feed the EJ's!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2014 at 8:24pm
strat, don't be surprised if your blade shows up suddenly. :)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2014 at 9:48pm
EMS was used on mine. man the blade is so beautiful. each time Nexy makes a new blade it's like it's even more beautiful than the previous ones. 

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 6:22am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

strat, don't be surprised if your blade shows up suddenly. :)

I wish it does my friend.i am so jealous watching the other guys's blades which are so beauuuutiful and I want mine too!Tongue Jealous with the good way Wink
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 6:45am
Please guys post some more pics of this beautiful blade!!!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 9:21am
Yogi, are Nexy's available locally?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 9:23am
you mean these pics?

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Machine_Head Machine_Head wrote:

Yogi, are Nexy's available locally?

no they are not. exclusively distributed by www.nexy.com

Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 9:38am
Beautiful! Let us know how it plays. :)
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 8:16pm
Good one Yogi.

:)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 2:04am
Yes Yogi, this is what I was talking about...So beautiful blade!Please, tell me what class is it?Off or Off+ ???( I can't image it can be an Off-)
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 2:23am
i would rate it as off- but on some power shots it could be off, used maxxx-p max and tuned neo h3 provincial on it. ill post my review once i fully test this tomorrow. i have played with it for a few hours already and i like the feel

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 2:57am
First impression(from pictures)...Hinoki outer plies, 2 carbon layers....so, OFF or OFF+!But I forgot it is very thin and it has burned core Wink
I am waiting for your first impressions guys..I can't wait till I get mine!

Edited by *_strataras_* - 09/28/2014 at 7:05am
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 8:30pm
updated with some first impressions after 2 sessions
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 10:29pm
I got to hit with the Kanaph blade for a little bit yesterday (with T05 and Dr.N ABS). Here is what I found so far:
- speed Off- but it has gears when you really go for it
- nice soft touch (Hinoki outers!)
- works very well with T05; I would not put too soft rubbers on it
- very controllable, had no problems to adjust to it right away
- tremendous spin on looping with T05
I need a couple more sessions to write a full report and will also try a couple other rubbers on it but so far I really like and look forward to playing it more.

My Feedback
_maddic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _maddic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 6:32am
since most of the kanaph testers are here , figured i ask this here.

currently iam trying it with
xiom omega V tour 2.0 FH
donic f3 big slam 2.0 BH

it feels super good on the FH , easy to hit very hard and the added top spin( probably due to the longer dwell time ?) dives your ball in .
further more the blade seems to have quite bit of kick in it when you swing hard , as compared to it feeling very absorby at low speeds.

but the BH ... is totally yucks.
my blocks feel way too bouncy , even though its a soft rubber , everything from blocks , loops , control , felt so-so to not that good.
i tried flipping it around and using xiom as my BH , its quite a hard rubber but the control feels fantastic.

the combo is current a 162g very light setup , weirdly enough it feels a slight tad head heavy.

anyone have suggestions on swapping out f3 big slam for something else ,
or just improving this setup ? (omegaV tour is staying though , BH or FH it seems like a perfect pair with kanaph)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 11:25am
I also took a couple of pics!

My Feedback
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 8:50pm
Kanaph is a beauty!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 11:12pm
is it too late to be added to the testing list?
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic